• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Roc vs. Buzzz, to end all wars

My wife is throwing a Buzzz now....on one hole at our home course...I guess its a start right?

I still use my core on probably 10-12 holes a game.

Can handle the flick

The ESP FLX Buzzz for sure- It can handle a powerful forehand shot without flipping straight to the ground like any roc I've thrown.

1. can throw it straight
2. backhand
3. forehand
4. hyzer
5. anhyzer
6. hyzer flip
7. power 300+ foot drive with a slight hyzer to flip it
8. consistently threads needles
9. can also put a lot of anhyzer on it and it will do a decent roll for such floppy plastic

I believe I can add a bit of the proper perspective on this situation.

When I ask someone what a ROC is I have yet to get a decent answer. What is a Roc is it the dome version the flat top the San MArino mold, Ontario, WHAT the hell is a ROC. If the Roc is so great why is there over a dozen variations in the molds. If it is so great it would have one mold and a ROC would be a ROC.

BUZZ is a BUZZ, variations in plastic but only 2-3 molds. At least Disccraft left the WASP a WAsp and the BUZZ is the variation. IF it was innova they would call the buzz a WASP and thus add to the lineage of the same disc by making infinite versions of it.

DOES THIS MAKE SENSE

When I ask someone what a ROC is I have yet to get a decent answer. What is a Roc is it the dome version the flat top the San MArino mold, Ontario, WHAT the hell is a ROC. If the Roc is so great why is there over a dozen variations in the molds. If it is so great it would have one mold and a ROC would be a ROC.

If you ask a Roc person this question they will tell you there are so many because it is so good.

If you ask a non-Roc person they will tell you there are so many because they haven't gotten it right yet.

Please disregard all previous pro Buzzz statements I posted in this thread. I am back on the Roc. I was blowing by way too many baskets with the Z Buzzz. It is a super straight flyer but I have trouble controlling distance with it. The Roc always seems to land where I want it to.

I believe I can add a bit of the proper perspective on this situation.

BUZZ is a BUZZ, variations in plastic but only 2-3 molds. At least Disccraft left the WASP a WAsp and the BUZZ is the variation. IF it was innova they would call the buzz a WASP and thus add to the lineage of the same disc by making infinite versions of it.

DOES THIS MAKE SENSE
This argument is about the Rancho Roc. When people just say "Roc," they're talking about the Rancho.

Here's a funny poll from another site:

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/dgr/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12657

the best part is the guy who started it isn't making fun of how many different Buzzzes there are. He's a Buzzz guy himself.

i keep both an X or Z Buzzz in my bag - they fly about the same.

last summer i had an X ,Z ,FLX - and then in the late summer i got 4-5 of X's for cheap. One thing i did notice was that the newer ones had domier tops than the ones which were in my bag. I also was perusing the Discraft site and someone on their team mentioned "flat top Buzzz" when he was talking about his X Buzzz is there such thing (as i know there is a Flat top Roc) or do the tops tend to flatten out over time? i dont notice a difference in their flights but curious.

i keep both an X or Z Buzzz in my bag - they fly about the same.

last summer i had an X ,Z ,FLX - and then in the late summer i got 4-5 of X's for cheap. One thing i did notice was that the newer ones had domier tops than the ones which were in my bag. I also was perusing the Discraft site and someone on their team mentioned "flat top Buzzz" when he was talking about his X Buzzz is there such thing (as i know there is a Flat top Roc) or do the tops tend to flatten out over time? i dont notice a difference in their flights but curious.

both my buzzz's have had a flat top, both my Z and my FLX. I couldn't tell ya much more about my Z because I gave it away. I thoroughly dislike Z plastic. I will have to look at some new buzzz's to see the dome top.

Different discs, different throws, different flight patterns.
Who cares? Throw whatever YOU have confidence in. No need to convince the rest of the DG world.
I've thrown both. I have several different plastics of both.
Personally, I'm a big fan of my beat-in 177g SE Rancho Roc.

Ok it was a few posts back but someone asked about a Rattler. Think a regular frisbee you play disc golf with thats what a Rattler is. Very understable and wont go much more than 100 feet accurately. As for the Roc vs. Buzzz argument I throw a Cro feels better in my hand.

Not if your mark Ellis. Check the clinic video where he uses it for a elevator shot. Made me almost want one.

Still getting a feel for my Buzzz but was uninterested in my Roc.

So far; Buzz

I have both a roc and a buzzz...

Buzzz seems to be more predictable than my roc. Then again, I am not a roc conossieur and don't know how high the san marino rocs rate on the list of diff roc molds.

I broke the 300' barrier with a Buzzz yesterday. A first. ( wee-ha ) Flat ground, a little wind. Birdied the 314' #2 at Vallarta. It's not really that big of a deal, but what the heck...felt pretty good at the time.

Roc vs. Buzzz, to end all wars

Yeah right. It's like telling the Palestinians to quit suicide bombing Israeli cafeterias.:D

BTW, I throw both. My Roc is more predictable right now. Still getting used to the Buzzz.

Last edited: