• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] Rocs, Tell me about them

You know the Monster Manual entry there makes me wish Hasbro would ink a deal so we could have a whole line of D&D named discs. Kobold, Owlbear, Modron. :)

I, like many others, am a devoted roc thrower. Currently in the bag I have 1 2005 USDGC champ, 1 KC roc, and 2 dx glow rocs. For the dx rocs I prefer the glows with the small innova glow stamp. Not these new stamp ones. Those and the regular dx seem to have that waxy floppy feel which I'm not accustomed to. Could be just the run of plastic they're using but they feel awkward in my hand. I love this mold very much and could not see my self without a roc in the bag.

Quick question: what's the difference between the San Marino roc and the Ranchero roc?

From what I have read ranchero replaced the Ontario to make it more like the San Marino roc. So what's the difference?

Rancho have a blunter nose and start off more overstable than a San Marino. Just my opinion, but San Marino's to me stayed in the sweet spot longer. Once you beat the fade out of a San Marino, it was dead-nuts straight forever. That might just be my perception, though. As bad a player as I am now, I was a lot worse when San Marino's were out.

Rancho have a blunter nose and start off more overstable than a San Marino. Just my opinion, but San Marino's to me stayed in the sweet spot longer. Once you beat the fade out of a San Marino, it was dead-nuts straight forever. That might just be my perception, though. As bad a player as I am now, I was a lot worse when San Marino's were out.

So you were worse with San Marino's because they were touchier discs than rancho's?

Did we stop taking about Rocs again? I hate this website.

*kicks rocks*

Did we stop taking about Rocs again? I hate this website.

*kicks rocks*

Random roc tip of the day: use them for short upshots. They glide a lot easier than putters and have a more reliable fade. I love touchy shots with my understable rocs bc they're glidey, easy to get moving and have a nice fade even when best it. I do it. Found out Philo does it. YOU SHOULD TOO!!!

Random roc tip of the day: use them for short upshots. They glide a lot easier than putters and have a more reliable fade. I love touchy shots with my understable rocs bc they're glidey, easy to get moving and have a nice fade even when best it. I do it. Found out Philo does it. YOU SHOULD TOO!!!

I do the same with my rocs, love it.

So, I've been trying to trade for some Rocs & just got the first one in the mail. I have no idea how it flies, but it feels like butter!

...I probably should have gone back to Rocs a long time ago.

Yup yup! I have hit as many baskets from out of the circle with a kc roc as I have putter. And I can throw some nasty high anhyzer and hyzer shots to get around trees or brush to land near a basket.

So true. Great when beat. I'm going through a phase where every shot that I used to hit with x disc, forehand or backhand, short or longer can be made between the beat or fresh roc more consistently backhand. I'm just really starting my love affair and it keeps getting better. :clap:

I carried a KC Pro for a long time, but it never flew like everyone said it should fly. That was when it dawned on me that I was holding out wrong. Stupid monent! Either way, I'm in love with the Roc3!

That reminds me of the 90's. I played in a league at White Birch and threw Rocs on 1/2 the holes. There was a guy named Jay Cozart in that league, and after I would throw we always had this conversation:

Jay: What do you throw there?

Me: A Roc.

Jay: *pause* A Roc shouldn't fly like that. :|

After awhile it didn't matter where I was or what I was throwing, somebody would give me the "It shouldn't fly like that" line.

Of course while they were giving me bunch of crap, none of them bothered to tell me I had the disc in the wrong position in my hand so everything I threw went nose up. :\

Try a ghost too. A bit straighter and longer.

What really made me change was the feel in the hand. No plusish rim and the perfect dome on every one. The stiff gravities really feel nice.

Latest posts