• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rules question, unclearable lake

Heck of a hole...love it! What is par??? So, there is a drop zone on the other side..let's say my drive is 300 ft on a lucky day, it takes two to get to drop zone/OB line on front side. Now move to drop zone laying 4, good upshot then putt...that's a 5.

I might would try to go for it tho on my second shot. The thing that I bet is tricky is wind across the water. Tough hole....Good luck to you or Christy or whoever has to play it.

Dang...you need more carry than I thought...looks like it does play long from side to side based on the video!

Yeah, not sure why he went so wide...I guess it did set him up well for his 4th shot....he more or less laid up to banks edge because he was a little high and close to the woods after his first shot.

It is a Par 5.

2 strokes if you take the drop, 1 stroke if you throw in lake.

Most people are taking their 3rd shot over the lake because they lay up to make the perfect approach.

If you are throwing 350' then you are going to be throwing 95+250 or 345' over the water...do you want to take that risk?

Its also not like the drop zone is a gimme to the basket, you could over shoot into the lake, fade out to the lake, go too wide into the lake, play left and hit a tree or play too conservative.

Also note the fairway is wide but not huge bomb wide...if you try to go hard you will likely flirt with the tree on the right and end up way short.

Flyboy Aviation.

A private 27 hole, par 101, 14000' course built around a community airport and neighborhood.

2 strokes if you take the drop, 1 stroke if you throw in lake

FWIW, during the fall ADGO event out there, the short tee location was at the OB line on the bank. Rule was if you didn't want to risk the throw across the water, you could simply drop your tee shot over the line, take 2 strokes, and throw your fourth shot from the drop zone on the other side of the lake. In forty-degree weather, with pouring rain and 25-30 mph winds, all four of us did exactly that.

Its also not like the drop zone is a gimme to the basket, you could over shoot into the lake, fade out to the lake, go too wide into the lake, play left and hit a tree or play too conservative.

Exactly. After taking the drop, one of us (not me, thankfully) threw a putter from the drop zone that the wind caught, and it ended up 20' out in the lake.

this hole looks awesome. tough situation. But I would have to use that layout as well just because it is an awesome hole.

Yeah I would not want to "neuter" the hole because the view is incredible and is one of the most scenic.

If the 2 stroke drop is legal then that will be the plan.

Latest posts