• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Running over discs

^^^Well, its a Gumbputt. You can't make it putt worse. :D [I own one, so don't go there].

To whitefedora--seen the same thing happen on Pier Park #18.

To OP: Its Irving TX---remember not to stand in the street.

I've had a couple get run over, but they weren't much worse for wear. I've also hit a few cars, so I guess we're even. :)

I honestly hadnt thought about the reverse situation. I havent hit any cars yet but ive come close several times. I would be way more peeved if someone hit my car than when they run over my disc i suppose. I can just imagine how those drivers felt as they see my disc flying towards their cars just praying it will fade out or drop before hitting them.

I've had a few errant throws now where a disc ends up in a street; usually due to a windy drive. Now for some reason, cars and trucks seem to take this as an invitation to try and run over my disc! I would say that nearly half the cars in that lane will purposefully swerve to try and run over it, even as im standing on the side of the road staring at the disc waiting for a safe chance to grab it. This frustrates me to no end as i dont really have a huge disposable income to spend on discs. Anyone else seem to have this problem in their area? Or am i the only dolt who throws into a street? I dont think ive ever noticed any damage to my disc from this but i wonder if it was a particularly domey disc, would it be damaged in any way?

This is my first thread and didnt do a search to see if theres a thread like this so i apologize if there is. I guess just wanted to vent some frustration, and ask if running over a disc can ruin it somehow?

"Windy" roads really blow...oh you meant winding, my bad.

"Windy" roads really blow...oh you meant winding, my bad.

Actually i did mean 'windy' drives. Like drives into a headwind or crosswind.

Unless you were being sarcastic, in which case, disregard my response. I dont read sarcasm well. :\

Actually i did mean 'windy' drives. Like drives into a headwind or crosswind.

Unless you were being sarcastic, in which case, disregard my response. I dont read sarcasm well. :\

Just messing with you.

Depending on the plastic, a car or pickup running over champion discs won't have any noticeable affect on your disc, unless the same disc keeps getting run over, or is run over by a semi. Star, R-Pro, and especially DX plastic will become noticeably less stable even ruined, if they get ran over.

My discs that have just been run over with the disc flat on the road came out fine. It's the ones where the tire pops the disc up and it slams into the underside of the car where they end up trashed.

One time these Dbones saw me throw into the road and were laughing as they were about to run it over. They hit it going about 35 and their suspension made a huge popping sound. I couldn't stop laughing, hoping they popped a tie rod or ball joint on their slammed civic. My Champ Groove was fine.

Nice to see a Groove is good for something. Of course, if you had thrown a disc other than a Groove, you probably wouldn't be in the street.

Yea I had a car run over my avenger super straight once and it turned it into an avenger super duper straight!
I also had a school bus run over my valkyrie I was going for same hole and it made it more bendy and broken in.

dye your discs to look like a bag of nails, problem solved.

Winner! Well, that and any jokes involving the groove. Groove should honestly be a cuss word at this point. I grooving hate the groove.

Op- I have had a couple run over at z-boaz. They ended up ok but I have never had someone try to run them over. Groovehole move for sure.

My only disc to get run over was a brand new 175g Medium Summit. Second throw went long and into the road, half way to getting to it, black sedan runs it over with both tires grinding up the bottom lip of the disc. Still angry about it.

I had a guy intentionally run over my disc. He screamed, pointed and laughed as he did it. Best part? It was my beat champion sidewinder I use exclusively for rolling. If anything, he did me a favor; wish he backed up over it again.

On a serious note, it is disappointing that people would be so rude, mocking and intentionally disctructive of someone else's property.