• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Running over discs

I was practicing on a high school football field in about 1999 or so, had a Discraft Xtreme wind up on the nearby pavement. A dickhead ran over it on purpose, but guess what? It was a Discraft Xtreme, and it continued to be ridiculously overstable.

I was practicing on a high school football field in about 1999 or so, had a Discraft Xtreme wind up on the nearby pavement. A dickhead ran over it on purpose, but guess what? It was a Discraft Xtreme, and it continued to be ridiculously overstable.

:clap:

You know I still have one of those and I still throw it regularly. Sometimes you just need something stupid overstable.

The only time I've ever had someone run over a disc was other disc golfers. :wall:

Did it help?

Drivers can be idiots.
Once, my buddy's drive sailed into the street and was immediately creamed by a big rig. My friend was very upset until he used disc again and found it to fly better than it ever had!! Its still one of his best drivers, but was only mediocre before collision. Does yours fly better now?

Winner! Well, that and any jokes involving the groove. Groove should honestly be a cuss word at this point. I grooving hate the groove.

Op- I have had a couple run over at z-boaz. They ended up ok but I have never had someone try to run them over. Groovehole move for sure.

Thats funny! Thats one of the courses where i had a disc ran over. Super windy day on hole 3 or 4 i believe. Threw an escape and the headwind took it between lane one and two on the right. My disc thankfully 'escaped' without any noticeable damage. Next round tho, i threw a firebird and stayed clear of the road

I couldn't help but laugh when this happened to a friend of mine. He was walking towards the disc, but a car was approaching faster. The car slowed, looked like it was going to stop, then just drove slowly over the disc as my friend stood there and watched in dismay. I think the disc was ok tho.

A friend of mine had a disc get run over and disappear. On the way home from the course he noticed something on the side of the road several miles down the way, the thought "hmm, just maybe..." pulled over and sure enough, his disc had apparently gotten stuck in the wheel well, had a nice rubber mark burned into the flight plate. I believe it's still in his bag to this day as one of his best flyers.

First day I got my gstar teebirds, I threw into the street right after my buddy did the same thing, the car swerved to miss his and ran mine over....no problem. G* is a beast, bounced back to normal shape like nothing happened. It was a big explorer that ran it over too.

I had a big truck roll over my white Valkarie a while back. It put a really cool tire print on the disc that is still there. It looks cool, and didn't effect the flight.

Latest posts