• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sadistic starter pack

Driver: max weight DX Destroyer (because it sounds cool & the DX logo is a transformer robot thingy so that looks mean)
Mid: Tie-dye Teebird (the color blends in as soon as it hits the ground & you lose it shortly after you throw it)
Putter: Turbo putter (illegal in PDGA events)
When did the Teebird become a midrange? :confused:

Why the hate for the Epic? After loosing my driver on the 17th hole I ever played, I bought an Epic the next day (knowing I needed a "sharp-edge" disc ('cause they go far...)).
I still have it (and a lot more of them too) - and I've done OK with them ;)

Karl

The Halex & In-Step sets are in a league of their own and Quest has so much to pick on so I'll look at others.

I've seen a few of my favorite discs mentioned here : Blowfly(2 in the bag), Whippet-X(2 in the Bag), Domey Star Destroyers(3 in the Bag). (That alone would make a fun beginner set)

I think
Driver : CFR Max (More stable than the Stars)
Midrange/Fairway : Gator (Max weight)
Putter : Vibram VP (Really Stable and man can it roll away on misses)

Epic - It has its uses but beginner friendly it isn't.
Demon - Mad overstable with the glide of a manhole cover. This disc never stays off of the ground for long.
10M Brick - eh...

1: Boss
2: Beer
3: another beer

Sounds familiar...

ok real sadistic starter set I'll have to agree with super overstable. Flick, whippet, but turbo putter instead of 10m brick.

I love the flick, and use it for tons of shots (carry 2 in my bag) but it's definitely not beginner friendly.

The Halex 3 disc set FTW. The plastic is crap, the midrange and driver are basically the same disc, and as soon as you throw much over 150 ft. the driver gets flippy. The only fun thing is that once you can throw over 300 ft. you can backhand a barrel roll(it flips all the way over) with the driver.
http://www.fleetfarm.com/catalog/pr...eral-sports/outdoor-games/halex-disc-golf-set

I saw these at fleet farm a few weeks back, and thought to myself "it'd just be better if they didn't carry ANY discs!"

Even better was the Halex basket for $90. Yikes.

180 Excalibur
Aerobie midrange (not the arrow its pretty nice I think)
143 Tui, that would be a bad experience lol.

The halex set pwns all. I'm speaking from experience with only the midrange, but believe me it was enough to put no doubt in my mind that these are the worst! discs ever made for frolf. The rim is so small you can't even really get a grip on it. when thrown hard at all it instantly goes into a barrel roll and falls after flying like a wounded duck for all of 75' max. absolute worst disc I have ever found. I think whoever bought it threw it into the woods just left it there.

Latest posts