• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Baskets: Allllllrighty then

LastPageDG

Today was my second time throwing on these beauties. These caught about as good as a receiver with feet for hands. I'm by no means a putting expert but I'd like think that when I hit dead center chains or solid on the right side that my disc will politely drop in the bucket and I can move on. Orrrrrrrr, it can spit it back out like a child who doesn't want to eat his mashed peas. Anyone else having these problems with Salient baskets? As a matter of fact, are there anymore of these disc spitters anywhere?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 548
I've always found salient products to be made to the absolute highest standard. :D

:sick: :gross:

I believe Disc Nation fulfills at least some of Salient's products (at least bags) and Disc Nation makes a basket also called the Liberty. Dots connected?

We have them in our newest course: Aviary DGC in Colorado Springs, CO

There have been a few complaints, but we have people throwing high 900 rated rounds in our sanctioned league on these baskets, so....

Just 'cause people are getting 900+ rated rounds on these doesn't necessarily mean they're good. Entirely possible those same players might do a 2-3 strokes better on the same course equipped with some other manufacturer's baskets.

I myself have never seen them (let alone played on them)... just pointing out a very obvious possibility.

FWIW - the design looks a lot like Disc Nation's baskets:
ldn-liberty.jpg

I have played on these...they're i'ite.

Last edited:
They are the exact same baskets as Disc Nation's Liberty. They are even called the Salient Liberty. There's no dots to be connected, they were upfront about that from jump street.

Just 'cause people are getting 900+ rated rounds on these doesn't necessarily mean they're good. Entirely possible those same players might do a 2-3 strokes better on the same course equipped with some other manufacturer's baskets.

I myself have never seen them (let alone played on them)... just pointing out a very obvious possibility.

FWIW - the design looks a lot like Disc Nation's baskets:
ldn-liberty.jpg

I have played on these...they're i'ite.

Thank you for combating flawed logic:thmbup:

First time I played on these was at Morris Frank Park in Lufkin, TX. First hole of the tourney I had an egregious spit out.

Compared to what else is on the market the are below average IMO. I'd say they're somewhere b/t a M-14 and an Instep.

could be personal bias... but I have 18 of the DN Liberties and always thought they catch really well...

Don't think they are suitable for a typical park course though... they are lighter gauge then most PDGA certified baskets... and they'd get destroyed by unruly teenagers... damn teenagers...

anyway, they do catch real well... FWIW

could be personal bias... but I have 18 of the DN Liberties and always thought they catch really well...

Don't think they are suitable for a typical park course though... they are lighter gauge then most PDGA certified baskets... and they'd get destroyed by unruly teenagers... damn teenagers...

anyway, they do catch real well... FWIW

Agreed

I saw some pics of some that had only been in for a short while and it looked as though they were already damaged. It has only been a few weeks and the tops were bent and the chains jacked up.

Might be a good practice basket but I'm not sure about a public course basket

I really dislike the straight vertical inner chain style of baskets. Seem to allow way more to go straight through the chains that would catch on Discatchers.

They are the exact same baskets as Disc Nation's Liberty. They are even called the Salient Liberty. There's no dots to be connected, they were upfront about that from jump street.

I wasn't suggested anyone was hiding anything.

Just 'cause people are getting 900+ rated rounds on these doesn't necessarily mean they're good.

Agreed...I've shot 1000+ on some old crappy mach I baskets. Didn't mean they were good, just that I was on fire (and probably didn't have to hit many long putts)

Latest posts