• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] SALIENT Discs - Lock Jaw (Lid)

Got mine today and few throws around the office tell me it sucks. Ill throw a lightening upshot all day b4 these.

here are my (bad) videos. you can see the end of each flight.

Last edited:
Just post a link lol. Im lazy and crappy with computers. Hell i cant even figure out how to put the little picture next to my name.

got it. just delete everything before the letters, including the youtube, for the url. weird.

so without further ado, HERE is my (bad) video review. skip to 30 seconds on the first one to actually start seeing throws.

Looks like your lucky and have the build to throw very far.

ah, now if only i could, no? my form, she is not so good. i top out with the polecat around 300' absolute MAX. probably more like 280' consistently. the pirouette at the end of the throws is funny. the first throw was turned over; the others end up falling directly in front of the second to leftmost house if you're looking for the flight, to the right of the soccer goal. very straight even though it looks like they're off the to the right. just the camera playing games with perspective.

the lockjaw, as you can see, is beefy. won't be getting that to 300' anytime soon. the disc in liquid metal is a totally different beast. i wouldn't mind keeping it in the bag. why not? *shrug*

Last edited:
Wow you look exactly like your photo. :)

Thought it was a solid review other than missing the first part of the flight. Thanks

Beware them domey putters, koda.

It is definitely megadome. But it's beefy at the same time! It's definitely unique, I'll give them that. I don't know how I feel about it. I'm more intrigued than anything, trying to reserve judgement. I'll try to film a round with lockjaw and Polecats before long.

As someone who doesn't throw Lids I like the LM Lockjaw. It has some glide but is way more stable and maybe a touch quicker than the KA. Maybe about a 2 4 -1 3?

I like it and have thrown it straight up to 270ft but I can easily see how lid guys would not like this domey beast.

Not in the bag right now as it basically throws in the same range as my Tar Pit Scale.

I've decided that I like it. It's nice and beefy with almost the same handfeel as the polecat. The dome lets me get a good hand under it for putts too. Doesn't stick for putts like my kc aviar does though. Definitely good for upshots and drives that need to fade. Probably similar to a fresh beefy kc aviar IMO, maybe a bit more? Dunno for sure, it was windy today.

I'll keep it and work it in, see what happens.

Last edited:
The problem is they will not be avilable for purchase and fly like 100 other discs not a lid. The baseline ones are a whole different story.

The problem is they will not be avilable for purchase and fly like 100 other discs not a lid. The baseline ones are a whole different story.

I'm not too worried. I won't exactly have to pay 11x teebird prices to get them.

I've thrown the claws in baseline. If it's the same then I have no interest whatsoever. We'll see how it works in. It's an experiment; enjoy it for what it is: fun.

Might be hard for RDG to do one since they would probably need to have a new mold made. They have mostly used parts or entire molds from others so far.

Might be hard for RDG to do one since they would probably need to have a new mold made. They have mostly used parts or entire molds from others so far.

Not all of it. Gateway recently released a lid-style mold that I'm sure they'd be happy to share with the RDG team.

Really? Which one is the lid? I had not heard of a Gateway lid.