• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Salient Touch Putter

WhiteyBear

Eagle Member
So, I received two Touch putters this morning, and plan on giving them an indepth video review in about two weeks (or less) from now.

Any questions you guys might have? Pictures? Comparisons? I got rid of a ton of my putter stack when I switched to Challengers, but I can compare pictures with BB Aviars, Challengers, Clozers, Clutch, and a Judge. Most of those would all be in premium plastics.

Pictures soon to follow...

I felt them yesterday. The nose is definitely in line with the Wizard and Ion - nice and round. It has the classic big bead. The overall shape is very comfortable in the hand. Feels like it will be one heck of a great driving putter. This test pro-blend is nice and stiff with a flat top. It is a classic big-bead putter, but definitely not an exact clone of anything already out there. It really does feel like a missile in the hand, and I can't wait to see how far I can throw one. Just wish I didn't sprain my ankle....

Oh and...We will have the Cam Todd proto's listed on Disc Nation later today. I'll put up the link when its live.

Got mine today as well and was able to give them a few tosses. The thing I noticed from throwing this initial 18 is the skip/slide. I swear I was getting another ten feet after it had hit the ground. I even had a couple skips that made me swear I was throwing a driver. My PA2s have some serious competition...

zj hit the nail on the head with the plastic comparison. Stiff but nowhere near G9i and nice and flat. Reminds me of a big bead Challenger in hand. Definitely more rounded than my Wizards. Will go more in depth after I get a little more time with them.

you guys notice the what almost look like mirco beads before the big bead?

agreed on all feel for sure going out to throw in a bit.

I wasn't at all impressed with the Dagger, but I think that had more to do with the soft (ZM) plastic and the deepness of the mold. Nice flight, but it was a little more Pure than Wizard. Not what I want from a beaded putter and what turned me away from the Judge I tried.

This was a really fun disc to throw. Its a lot like my ions in stability and feel so driving them was really easy for me to adjust to the feel of them. At 300' they really don't turn much at all and hold a straight line to the ground with a late Forward fade. It doesn't really hold a turn like an understable disc but given the big bead it will glide out on any release angle and then the LSS kicks in to finish flat.

At slower speeds it is not too overstable at all to hold a turning putt at the basket or upshot but stable enough to useable in all conditions and shots much like you would find in a BB aviar or challenger, ion, judge etc.. Very nice first putter and look forward to testing out this mold in a premium plastic. The plastic I have is a prototype which wont be production but the mold is great and definitely a nice putter worth trying out.

Any questions feel free to ask awayyyy.

I wasn't at all impressed with the Dagger, but I think that had more to do with the soft (ZM) plastic and the deepness of the mold. Nice flight, but it was a little more Pure than Wizard. Not what I want from a beaded putter and what turned me away from the Judge I tried.

maybe my friend had a weird one - there was zero flip whatsoever, no matter how hard i threw the damn thing. always a late forward fade. it wasn't soft either, didn't have the flex i'm used to seeing on the ZM and ZS.

initial impressions of this disc, however, have me intrigued. i like the feel of the ion/anode a little more than the kc aviar; they feel deeper while putting.

it doesn't have quite the same feel as my ions its definitely more traditional in that sense like a wizard without the rounded upper inside shoulder and slightly less glide even in the baseline plastic.

First Touch Experience

I used my touch without having any practice rounds for the first time today in a tournament. I kept my Wizard and Judge in the bag, but I primarily putted with the Touch.

This disc is amazing, it fly's straight as an arrow. The big bead was a concern at first, but it felt great coming out of my hand. I made 15+ putts that I wouldn't typically have felt confident making, but it hit the chains perfectly. I used it twice on 50 and 80 foot approaches and nearly made both. I haven't aired it out yet, but I am extremely pleased with the feel in the hand and the stiffness of the plastic.

My touch is a 176g disc and it was great, where my Judge has a tendency to lift a little in a head wind, the Touch keeps a flat line and is a point and shoot disc. Salient scored a big winner with this disc.

Great work Salient!

Why would the big bead be a concern if you are already using Wizards and Judges? Is the bead on the Touch gigantic or something?

Andy- i don't believe so at all... Is just a big bead putter' feels very wizard/challenger like'..

Not as overstable as i expected but nice straight flier. Doesn't really wasn't to turn or fad from flat but holds a line for short up shots and putts very well. Not overly glidey either which i like.

I got to get out and throw and putt with the Touch yesterday.

My updated thoughts are that when thrown hard as a driving putter the fade is less than a Wizard. During some putting sessions the same could be seen with a reliable fade but held a straighter line towards the basket with spin and push putts.

yeah with big bead and shape of the nose I expected a touch more bite out of it but surprised me how workable at lower speeds the disc is.

I haven't yet but I really want to.

I dislocated my ankle playing basketball. So throwing is out of the question for a while.

I've heard nothing but good things from the staff that tested it at the store.