• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Switching putters, need HELP!

Interesting. Is the p-line really less deep than the d and s-lines?

I currently have about 20 P-Lines, 10 D-Lines, 5 S-Lines, and 3 C-Lines in my house right now. And I've owned more in the past that I've either traded or lost.

P-Line is the most shallow. It's very noticeable. I putt with them exclusively.

One thing I might suggest is trying a neutral midrange as a putter. An uncle uses a Spider for his putter because he wanted a very low profile version of a Magnet a disc height like a XD or now Colt, even Upshot #2 low but as close to a Magnet as he could get. The Spider with the big bead on a lower Magnet like nose is as close as the uncle could find in 2001. The Uncle has 2 one very beat up the other less beat up for longer stuff, at least he had those 2, wonders if he got a newer one since I last played with the uncle.

I think that I have seen somebody putting with those very soft and flexy Innova Sharks. I don't know anything about Innova though. Haven't thrown their products since mid 80's.

I think that I have seen somebody putting with those very soft and flexy Innova Sharks. I don't know anything about Innova though. Haven't thrown their products since mid 80's.

That would be G Star Plastic. The Shark can be used as your regular putter but works best as a short midrange to long non putting approach disc, as a windy day putter, and in place of a driving putter if you do not have such a disc. The Shark is one of the better all around discs on the market but using the Shark as a putter is a bit difficult as one needs to take the overstability out of the disc just the way one would with a Gator. So I would recommend the Shark in DX just like a Gator for a putter.

Last edited:
One thing I might suggest is trying a neutral midrange as a putter. An uncle uses a Spider for his putter because he wanted a very low profile version of a Magnet a disc height like a XD or now Colt, even Upshot #2 low but as close to a Magnet as he could get. The Spider with the big bead on a lower Magnet like nose is as close as the uncle could find in 2001. The Uncle has 2 one very beat up the other less beat up for longer stuff, at least he had those 2, wonders if he got a newer one since I last played with the uncle.

This is worth trying, at least. Sometimes unconventional methods work best. I like to use by ESP Buzzz for long approaches to the basket. Find myself knocking in huge putts with ease where I'd had to put a lot more effort with my putter. At putting range (40' - in) I much rather use my putter.

That would be G Star Plastic. The Shark can be used as your regular putter but works best as a short midrange to long non putting approach disc, as a windy day putter, and in place of a driving putter if you do not have such a disc. The Shark is one of the better all around discs on the market but using the Shark as a putter is a bit difficult as one needs to take the overstability out of the disc just the way one would with a Gator. So I would recommend the Shark in DX just like a Gator for a putter.

I think that plastic was something like soft Rhynos were made. That was very long ago.

I think that plastic was something like soft Rhynos were made. That was very long ago.

Oh that plastic I thought was only for the Rhyno and another putter, Aviar with bead. The Soft Aviar was what Juliana Korver used at that time before Innova had the side brand of Millennium and she had the Soft Omega in the same plastic as the Pro just different name, before she got her own putter.

Only two people I know used a soft Ryhno. First is an uncle who swiched to the Pro Rhyno now to the Pro D Focus with more success. Other once his Soft Rhyno died during a cold almost winter round he just microwaved for 5 seconds a DX Rhyno or leave in a car on a hot summer day for 1 hour to have as his main putter after his soft died but he always got black stamp so with a black Sharpie he could put the soft on the disc he used so it felt like an old soft DX Rhyno. He had plans to make counterfeit Soft Rhyno discs to sell online in college for money but the Pro Rhyno now R-Pro had made its way into most players bags that liked the soft Rhyno.

Last edited:
This is worth trying, at least. Sometimes unconventional methods work best. I like to use by ESP Buzzz for long approaches to the basket. Find myself knocking in huge putts with ease where I'd had to put a lot more effort with my putter. At putting range (40' - in) I much rather use my putter.

35-40 feet and in unless windy above 25-30 mph steady winds somewhere in there or gusts to 35 mph and above, I use my putters in the Magnet mold. Beyond 35-40 feet I use either my Pro 174 gram Shark I found in local Walmart or my non flight numbers 2016 Star Shark as an approach disc. Lots of the Star plastic from just before flight numbers had the worst flashing, just saw another player complain about a different disc with same problem from same era last of no flight numbers. The Pro Shark does not work as well for Driving putter anymore as the disc has broken in more so I use the Star Shark for a driving putter. Wish they still made heavy Pro Sharks or R-Pro Sharks for a disc, then I would not have to use the Star plastic for a disc. Will have to get the Star Shark again if I ever lose or break my Pro Shark.

Last edited:

Latest posts