• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Switching putters, need HELP!

Well, it's not micro like a Truth or Verdict. It's looks wide but still a very shallow bead. Great family of putters OP.

Fo sho. The challenger bead is small enough where it doesn't bother me. I don't typically like big beaded putters but the challenger has always been very agreeable with my grip.

Proxy feels great in the hand and is very straight. Get one in Neutron for a stiffer plastic, though I personally prefer throwing my Plasma and Soft Neutron more.

Looks like everyone is trying to sell you on what they use or send you on a wild goose chase of different molds to try out.
As someone who went through putter after putter looking for the right one, I say stick to the P2 unless you absolutely hate it.

Give the P-lines a shot before you jump ship. I did and I've never looked back. There's a reason why they are the best selling putter in the world. Straight shooters from within the circle- I aim at the center chain every time- and I've never had an issue with chaining out.

I know most people like base plastic for putting but the P-line P2 is the exception. Lots of pros use them and it's similar to the also popular Mcpro plastic, so DX or D-line isn't everything anymore.

More shallow than the D and S lines and definitely have more glide. They also easily beat in to a perfectly straight upshot disc.

D-Line- understable upshots
P-line- stable upshots and putts inside and outside of the circle
S-line- overstable upshots and short drives

That's my selection. Simple and works great. -Good Luck

I prefer to put with base plastic. How different is the classic from d-line?

They do feel a little bit different. I like the feel of the Classic better than D-line/DX. I prefer plastic that is more slick than X-line, and both Classic and D-line are that (especially fresh out of the box). The Classic is "just right" for me.

I have decided after playing (throwing and putting) with the P2 for about a year. That I need a change. I started out liking the P2 but, as I played with it and my throw (both putting and throwing) progressed the P2 started ... Ehh, basically I don't care for the depth and fade.
Anyway, The P2 is the only putter I've used and I've been considering trying another putter or two to figure out IF the P2 what I should be using or if I should make the switch.

I've been looking at other putters that are not as deep as the P2, have more glide for my spush putts and I have the ability to throw 250ish and in, so will have the ability to handle a little torque. I like to putt straight at the basket and don't like compensating for the fade. Oh I don't care for beads, they just feel weird to me, micro beads will have to just come down to feeling the disc. One thing I do like about my P2 is how thick and sturdy it feels in hand (as opposed to the Aviar)

Although I haven't made it down to the shop to feel and touch. I've been liking my dd drivers and plastics A TON recently and have been looking at... The Deputy, Marshal and Warden.
Thoughts? Opinions? Overall Suggestions to look at and check out?

Thanks!

For a driver try an Upshot #2 or a Colt for a similar disc to an XD since the regular XD is oop or get a Dart. For Putter just stick with the P2 if it is working or get a Classic grid Aviar as others have suggested, if you want even lower then get same as driving putter just in a non premium plastic. I do not like to throw my putting putters anyhow since I got more then one disc.

Looks like everyone is trying to sell you on what they use or send you on a wild goose chase of different molds to try out.
As someone who went through putter after putter looking for the right one, I say stick to the P2 unless you absolutely hate it.

Give the P-lines a shot before you jump ship. I did and I've never looked back. There's a reason why they are the best selling putter in the world. Straight shooters from within the circle- I aim at the center chain every time- and I've never had an issue with chaining out.

I know most people like base plastic for putting but the P-line P2 is the exception. Lots of pros use them and it's similar to the also popular Mcpro plastic, so DX or D-line isn't everything anymore.

More shallow than the D and S lines and definitely have more glide. They also easily beat in to a perfectly straight upshot disc.

Not sure if the P2 is the best selling putter in the world but it is close with a few Innova putters selling just as well, the Classic grid Aviar to name one.

Classic vs DX:
Classic is stiffer, but seems less dense
Starts a little glossy and slick but that wears off to be smooth but grippy
Classic cuts and chunks a bit more, whereas I think DX dents or deforms more readily

That's my take anyway. The classic even when it vets an abrasion seems to smooth over pretty quick.

My suggestion would be for the Pure. It is shallow and beadless. They fly crazy awesome. When I bagged Opto's, I could just stand it up and let it glide 300' on a lazer beam.. They fly great anny lines too.
I used to putt with a zero hard Pure as well.. They fly pretty fast, but very straight. Especially if you putt with a half-way seasoned one.. solid disc.

Just typing this kinda makes me wanna throw one back in for a while..

Not sure if the P2 is the best selling putter in the world but it is close with a few Innova putters selling just as well, the Classic grid Aviar to name one.
To clarify:
According to infinite discs,- the only online retailer that puts out quarterly sales statistics- yes the P2 is the best selling putter in the world and has been for quite some time.
More specifically: the P-line P2 recently took the top spot for best selling disc away from the star destroyer, who held that spot for probably close to a decade.
No offense to anyone. I know everybody loves their s**t.
And like I already said, the classic aviar is sick nasty too.

I have a colt and some darts. Can't say anything bad about them either.
I can just get the job done with my P2 combos, which keeps it simple.
And I'm flicking a gator from 75-250 out 99% of the time anyway.

To clarify:
According to infinite discs,- the only online retailer that puts out quarterly sales statistics- yes the P2 is the best selling putter in the world and has been for quite some time.
More specifically: the P-line P2 recently took the top spot for best selling disc away from the star destroyer, who held that spot for probably close to a decade.
No offense to anyone. I know everybody loves their s**t.
And like I already said, the classic aviar is sick nasty too.

I was wondering if the P2 was the best selling putter, the Discmaina discs are easier to find in Europe (the next biggest market) then Innova so they might be trying that disc then getting better deals online like at Infinite Discs once they really like the disc. Yes Destroyer thanks to Paul mcBeth a pro since 2008 or 2009 has used the disc since it came out in Star and Pro the first year made the disc popular, the Destroyer was going to be popular anyhow as it felt like a Wraith or Orc type disc. Before the Destroyer the most popular disc was different from year to year with all the different tech coming out.

I was wondering if the P2 was the best selling putter, the Discmaina discs are easier to find in Europe (the next biggest market) then Innova so they might be trying that disc then getting better deals online like at Infinite Discs once they really like the disc. Yes Destroyer thanks to Paul mcBeth a pro since 2008 or 2009 has used the disc since it came out in Star and Pro the first year made the disc popular, the Destroyer was going to be popular anyhow as it felt like a Wraith or Orc type disc. Before the Destroyer the most popular disc was different from year to year with all the different tech coming out.

Yea, i wasn't trying to draw such a large conclusion based on that small of a sample size. (one site vs. global disc golf population) It just came out that way. Really, who knows what the best selling putter is.

Interesting. Is the p-line really less deep than the d and s-lines?

Plenty of options for shallow, micro/beadless neutral putters. If you are okay with overmolds, the Pure and Atom are both great, the Colt is an extremely underrated putter for those who love shallow neutral flights, the Roach is another good option for shallow putters.

I use and love my P2s, but definitely understand the depth issue. Certain days, I just cannot deal with it. It's not anything extreme like a Zephyr/Nova or lids, but it's a bit deeper than I'm really comfortable with. So I also carry Electron Pilots. Not only do they make incredible driving putter for a more understable option than my P2s, the glide is fantastic and the compact feel and straight flight have landed me more outside the circle putts with a Pilot in the last year than the previous decade.

Interesting. Is the p-line really less deep than the d and s-lines?

It might just be the ones I have but its definitely noticable, especially from a fan grip.
The p line is the more firm than the D, and the perfect combination of grip vs. durability.
I ordered the D because everyone says you need base plastic for putters. Hit my practice basket funny on the first shot and it took a huge chunk outta the rim. Never again.
Been using the p- lines all year and there's barely a scratch on them.
Its kinda like the KC pro plastic but it really is its own thing.

The Marshal feels nice and is really straight but its a little shallow - I liked it (I have a couple to try if you want) Otherwise from your description I was thinking MVP Atom the whole time - the only thing is the Atom is fairly thin- but not TOO much, it fits your description very well - Its super straight - something about the gyro rim just locks it on a dead straight line - really worth looking in to

Latest posts