• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Save and share road trips (Premium)

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
I just further extended the route map feature and you can now save your road trips. There is a new "Road Trips" tab in your dashboards where you can go through and check out all your planned or previous trips including a map, course stops, directions and trip details.

Non-premium members can view the trips created by others but you'll have to subscribe if you'd like to create your own.

To save a trip just plan it out using the route map as usual and then enter a name for it in the new save box that you can't miss just below the map. Oh yea, did I mention you could also edit your trips? No need to plan it all out in one sitting anymore! :)

If you notice any oddities, try a ctrl-f5 to refresh things as there is a pretty good amount of new code in there. Also, I slightly revamped the look of profiles and dashboards to accommodate the new tab.

Last edited:
I am planning to make the browse map "road trip compatible" at some point as well so you can create road trips without having to have an initial route.

super super sweet!! if only this happened two days ago. at least they were all far enough out that I can still plan them again.

PS I just noticed That I made it to silver trusted reviewer!!!!

Last edited:
when i get a job i'm going premium!

Nice, Tim! How about adding a way to attach scored rounds to a road trip? Maybe a little drop-down in the scorecard to include it in a road trip... That's the first suggestion that comes to mind...that, and seeing the scores on the road trip list.

Not sure how it would work but to do a road trip that goes from multiple cities, there is no way to do it because the 30 mile area isnt enough to get you on the most direct route, or to do an epic long road trip.

Would it be able to use the browse map feature so you can scroll around and pull any course onto a road trip.

There are limitations on distance and proximity to the most direct route in its current use. Perhaps my road trips simply won't work on here because of how long they may be.

Or maybe just a tab on the course page "Add to Road Trip"

Last edited:
Not sure how it would work but to do a road trip that goes from multiple cities, there is no way to do it because the 30 mile area isnt enough to get you on the most direct route, or to do an epic long road trip.

You can get around this by changing the end destination to whatever intermediate destinations you want to hit (so long as you add at least a course from that area). Then just change the end destination again and keep going.

- For instance, start with chicago il to minneapolis mn.
- Add some courses to the route
- Change destination to st louis mo
- Add more courses on second leg

I figured out what you meant but it is still goofy and my 40 course month long trip gets cutoff in the process of setting it up. It says the page has errors. I have no idea if it is me or the site causing the errors

Just do each leg of the trip as a separate trip and save it.

I have saved a road trip, and then went back to edit it to add a stop, and on the edit screen my Route Stops are all in weird order. It made it difficult to move stops up and down, etc.

I have saved a road trip, and then went back to edit it to add a stop, and on the edit screen my Route Stops are all in weird order. It made it difficult to move stops up and down, etc.

Thats basically what had happened to me on my big long route. I want to try and get it all into one trip but if I cant I may settle for it to be multiple days of the same trip

Latest posts