• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Scandinavian Open 2015

McBeast is just amazing, makes the other guys look average when they're incredible in their own rights.

Beating McBeth handily was what made Ricky's and Barsby's performances at Maple Hill so impressive. McBeast was starting to look mortal, but he made sure to remedy that this week in Sweden.

I enjoy watching amazing disc golf, and that was AMAZING. Questions about whether McBeth would repeat the mistakes of Maple Hill, is his run of dominance really over, and the like were answered with a resounding HELL NO.

I want to watch the best, and it sure seems like the only person who can beat McBeth is himself.

I enjoy watching NASCAR as well, and remember when Jimmie Johnson won his five straight championships, so I get that people get bored seeing Paul McBeth dominate at the level he is.

But, when you have a guy playing at the level he is, you really should just sit back in awe of what you're seeing and enjoy just how amazing it is. And it also makes for better competition; think about all the great finishes we've seen so far this year. Part of the reason we've had all these great finishes is Paul McBeth being as dominant as he is.

This is all I heard:

dawson_crying.jpg
Thanks for plagiarizing my post to you. :|

:p

The -15 on that course is WAAAAY more impressive than the -17 at the Memorial, but the ratings are so skewed at the memorial...

That round should be closer to 1100, and one of the best rounds ever.

Yea, I cry Dawson tears every time McBeth lifts a trophy. But as I mentioned in another thread, (and was touched on here) it is amazing to see such dominance. A player might not go through a stretch like this again, considering how strong the fields are getting. So congrats to him for his win. He certainly had to earn it, especially in round 3, which was ridiculous.

^ Yea, that course was such a mess. To score that low...just nuts.

Last edited:
I enjoy watching NASCAR as well, and remember when Jimmie Johnson won his five straight championships, so I get that people get bored seeing Paul McBeth dominate at the level he is.

But, when you have a guy playing at the level he is, you really should just sit back in awe of what you're seeing and enjoy just how amazing it is. And it also makes for better competition; think about all the great finishes we've seen so far this year. Part of the reason we've had all these great finishes is Paul McBeth being as dominant as he is.

Happens in every sport when someone goes on a run.

In the NFL, people just wanted to see the Patriots get beat.

In college football for the past few years, every time Alabama gets beat, it's an "instant classic."

In Formula 1, Ferrari used to dominate, and the memorable races were when they lost. Then it was Red Bull. Right now it's Mercedes.

Now, it's McBeth winning seemingly everything, so when he does lose, it's more memorable than when he wins.

You know you're the best when people get bored watching you win.

thing is, i dont want to see him win either ( lacks the drama because it is so expected and it would be fun to see some other not-so-regular pros reaction to a big win) but i sure DO want to see the incredible shots and rounds he pieces together to win.

for me its about the shots, no matter who makes em. of course adds to it when theres good back and forth in a card

If Paul were a douche, I would root against him. However, he seems to be anything but, so I will continue to enjoy seeing him win no matter how boring some consider it to be. I do root for what I guess would be considered "underdogs" these days when it looks like they have a chance (Doss at Master's Cup for example), but I still can't begrudge McBeast when he does his thing.

Ehhhhh, I'm not sure sure that he has the greatest sportsmanship these days. He was acting pretty frustrated today when he had some bad shots. Dixon was smoothing it over saying that he's a great competitor, or something like that. I'm sorry, but when you're leading by 9 strokes with 2 holes left, don't let your emotions show after a throw you didn't like. Relax. Big Jerm has turned it around completely and is now showing great restraint when you know he wants to pound the ground. Nikko too.

Terry Miller said something interesting during the MHO. He said that Paul told him that if he was out of contention late in a round, that Paul didn't care anymore. And you could totally see that in Paul's last few holes of that tourney. You could tell he was just going through the motions. So if there is such a fire to win, and such emotion even when leading by 9 with 2 to go, why is there not that fire to try and make every shot matter, even if you are losing?

Other posters have mentioned this lately, so it's not just something that I'm seeing. Today the litttle reactions he had to bad shots surprised me most. Usually he's pretty chill, especially when winning. But stuff seems to be getting to him more now. Who knows.

I get the bad sportsmanship argument, but he is the best in the world right now, and this is really a game against one's self. Being emotional about bad shots is understandable, especially when you are in his position. All eyes on you can get the best of a person, but as far as I can tell he is respectful and courteous to the people he plays with. And damn it is fun to watch someone that good even on a bad day.

Ehhhhh, I'm not sure sure that he has the greatest sportsmanship these days. He was acting pretty frustrated today when he had some bad shots. Dixon was smoothing it over saying that he's a great competitor, or something like that. I'm sorry, but when you're leading by 9 strokes with 2 holes left, don't let your emotions show after a throw you didn't like. Relax. Big Jerm has turned it around completely and is now showing great restraint when you know he wants to pound the ground. Nikko too.

Terry Miller said something interesting during the MHO. He said that Paul told him that if he was out of contention late in a round, that Paul didn't care anymore. And you could totally see that in Paul's last few holes of that tourney. You could tell he was just going through the motions. So if there is such a fire to win, and such emotion even when leading by 9 with 2 to go, why is there not that fire to try and make every shot matter, even if you are losing?

Other posters have mentioned this lately, so it's not just something that I'm seeing. Today the litttle reactions he had to bad shots surprised me most. Usually he's pretty chill, especially when winning. But stuff seems to be getting to him more now. Who knows.
Lol keep trying, so much hate and butthurtedness

I get the bad sportsmanship argument, but he is the best in the world right now, and this is really a game against one's self. Being emotional about bad shots is understandable, especially when you are in his position. All eyes on you can get the best of a person, but as far as I can tell he is respectful and courteous to the people he plays with. And damn it is fun to watch someone that good even on a bad day.

Exactly, there's nothing wrong with being frustrated with your performance, especially in competition, and ESPECIALLY when it's directly related to your paycheck. Other players that don't need to be named find other people to blame when things aren't going their way--that's being a douche. Being upset with your round isn't. Jerm said in his AMA that Paul is his favorite person to be on a card with, because of his skill and attitude.

I have noticed that lately he seems to be more emotive than in past videos.
Not sure what to make of it, but I certainly would not call anything that I have seen disruptive or unsportsmanlike.

One positive is that all the achievements of the recent past have not quenched the competitive fire, and I think that is good for PM, not good for the field.

Just over a year ago is when he told the world that he was going to step up his passion for the game. Does his expression of frustration not show an explicit care for his success in this sport? We complained that he wasn't showing enough emotion. Now that he is showing that, we bash him for it? Some people...

Just over a year ago is when he told the world that he was going to step up his passion for the game. Does his expression of frustration not show an explicit care for his success in this sport? We complained that he wasn't showing enough emotion. Now that he is showing that, we bash him for it? Some people...

Emotion is fine. Passion is great. Just not when you're up 9 with 2 to go (or whatever it was, maybe he was up 10). That's when it's time to soak it all in and enjoy the last couple of holes.

And again, if there's so much fire, why was he so "who cares" about his last few shots at the MHO? Can't have it both ways.

One thing thought that I think we are all missing: Paul McBeth is on the lead card at nearly every tourney he plays. In fact, I can't remember NOT seeing him on film. All eyes are on him, at all times, just waiting for guys like me and others to pounce on his every movement. So, while I can't say that I approve of his "passion" when the tourney is already in the bag, I can say that what he goes through at every event has to wear on him incredibly. The cameras. The need to perform. The pressure on him from himself, AND his fans. PLUS guys like me who are sort of secretly (not so secretly) hoping he would lose so others can bask in the glory. (I don't really want him to lose, it's that I want others to win...if that makes sense) He is our superstar, and that's a lot to ask of a guy. Even in our little sport.

My goodness. Now imagine what Tom Brady goes through. :eek: