• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Scott Stokley on tour 2022

Scott Stokley Finish at Las Vegas

• Scott finishes top 10

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Scott finishes 11-20

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Scott finishes 21-30

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Scott finishes 30-50

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Scott finishes over 50th

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Start a different thread on the topic you really want to talk about and stop crapping all over other threads.

If you don't know how to start a thread, please ask! That's what I'm here for.

Haha I was coming back in for the 4th time to fix my syntax and I read that before I saw who it was aimed at :) I thought:

Geez I know I'm a hardcore gyro pusher but thats pretty mellow for me. I'm not even commenting just sharing :D harsh Zenny harsh...

Start a different thread on the topic you really want to talk about and stop crapping all over other threads.

If you don't know how to start a thread, please ask! That's what I'm here for.

There are plenty of threads already out there for which Brodie hate [or love], would be far more appropriate. I love to help.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135755&highlight=brodie+smith

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135632&highlight=brodie+smith

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135355&highlight=brodie+smith

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35426&highlight=brodie+smith

It's downright hilarious and mind boggling that when I suggested this, you and Hampstead were salty trolls, now when a mod suggests it you are all on board. Just saying...

It's downright hilarious and mind boggling that when I suggested this, you and Hampstead were salty trolls, now when a mod suggests it you are all on board. Just saying...

I'm just making fun of you. If thread patrol is your life, I will certainly tread more lightly. :|

Now back to brown nosing.......thank you mods, for all you do.

I'm just making fun of you. If thread patrol is your life, I will certainly tread more lightly. :|

Now back to brown nosing.......thank you mods, for all you do.

Well I'm making fun of you for being a salty bastid, and making a border line racist comment. If that is your thing, great.

Honestly, DGCR is a very pleasant environment to learn to be less offended. It's a learned ability: to take less offense. If it weren't for sarcasm and satire, this would be an entirely lifeless place.

Yup. That works both ways.

Your thread drift has little to do with Stokley......:wall:

How about you take it here?

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133240

Is that border line irony?

For all your huffing and puffing, you have zero integrity if your response to something is different depending on who says the words. I have lost much respect for you. It means you are just trolling instead of trying to have an actual discussion and treat people with respect. You get what you give. And I really don't give a rat's ass all your experience with tourney's and clubs if this is how you treat people when you think no one is watching.

For all your huffing and puffing, you have zero integrity if your response to something is different depending on who says the words. I have lost much respect for you. It means you are just trolling instead of trying to have an actual discussion and treat people with respect. You get what you give. And I really don't give a rat's ass all your experience with tourney's and clubs if this is how you treat people when you think no one is watching.

What are you babbling about, man. This is a forum. Every one of my comments, on this thread have been lighthearted sarcasm, including my can't breathe comment. It was really directed as a jab at Hamp. You got injured when someone trashed Brody, then took an over the top offense, when made fun of. Losing respect? Zero integrity? Racist? We are here to talk disc golf and try to have fun....I dare say, you are taking yourself and all of this too seriously. I would gladly apologize, but I really don't know what I am apologize about, lol.

To attempt to make this about someone other that me and Medic. I was trying to fix my stereo system in the basement yesterday...I think the receiver is toast...and I decided to get rid of the VHS tape player attached to the system. Lol....I know. In the tape player was a ancient Stokely tape, from an instruction series he had put out. I left the player plugged in. I think I am going to go back and watch it. I don't think I have watched it in a decade.

Scott has nothing to lose here in 2022 as a guy over halfway to 100 years old playing against kids who were in like 3rd grade or younger when 9-11 happened. Some of them weren't born yet! If he manages to do well in one event and make it on camera, it will be an amazing feat.

I'm 3 years younger than him and for those of you still in the prime of your lives or younger, I will testify how different 49 is from even 40, which would be considered over the hill for almost everybody on tour. I have a special strategy for getting on my left sock and shoe in the morning. When I get out of a vehicle my body stays in the same shape it was while sitting down for about three steps as I walk and warm up everything, then I'm good. (And some local MA-40 tourneys want me to shoot 8,000' 18-hole layouts!). Etc., and my old guy symptoms are probably relatively mild. None of this sort of crap happened to me even 5 years ago, and how many 44-year-olds are killing it on tour?

Go Scott Go!

Heated seats...just sayin'.

I'm with you on the age thing. OTOH, I think disc golf is a sport a player can hold on to competitiveness longer than most sports. Still, to get in the money in a DGPT event would be an impressive accomplishment at 50 with the depth of talent out there these days.

Remember, foxdawg has shown repeatedly that he doesn't understand what's going on here. He actually got JayDub and I to agree on something. Then, he disappeared in shame for several months. Now, foxdawg is trying to be Paw Patrol. Lulz!

I'm with you on the age thing. OTOH, I think disc golf is a sport a player can hold on to competitiveness longer than most sports. Still, to get in the money in a DGPT event would be an impressive accomplishment at 50 with the depth of talent out there these days.

One of many things I love about winter indoor putting league is how age doesn't seem to matter much there. I'm 15 years older than most people in that building and hang in there just fine with kids who don't remember the year 2000 very well, if at all. As of last night I'm 18-9 in head to head matches with my various partners I've drawn, including a 5-4 winning record with partners who putt with Z-Zones!

It's a good thing we don't have a "driving league." I know many of those whipper-snappers in there can crush me off the tee. That's where age differences appear more visible in my mind, where more and more of the body is involved.

It's the putting green where your older guys can hang in there. What's weird about the Stokely story, though, is that he's never been known for outstanding putting, just his crushing drives. He outdrove everybody back in his heyday and was always right there with Ken Friggin' Climo by a few strokes, who had a remote control system on his Rocs and Gazelles and Aviars. Hoping for the best for him in this run 30 years later. Maybe he's gotten better at putting since 1999? We don't use a lot of Mach 3's anymore...

partners who putt with Z-Zones!

3bda033b08c172de58b3de3791361157.jpg

What are you babbling about, man. This is a forum. Every one of my comments, on this thread have been lighthearted sarcasm, including my can't breathe comment. It was really directed as a jab at Hamp. You got injured when someone trashed Brody, then took an over the top offense, when made fun of. Losing respect? Zero integrity? Racist? We are here to talk disc golf and try to have fun....I dare say, you are taking yourself and all of this too seriously. I would gladly apologize, but I really don't know what I am apologize about, lol.

To attempt to make this about someone other that me and Medic. I was trying to fix my stereo system in the basement yesterday...I think the receiver is toast...and I decided to get rid of the VHS tape player attached to the system. Lol....I know. In the tape player was a ancient Stokely tape, from an instruction series he had put out. I left the player plugged in. I think I am going to go back and watch it. I don't think I have watched it in a decade.

It was a dumb comment on your part, regardless of context.

Sorry for feeding the drift.