• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Sexton FB's

Let's face it, Sexton Firebirds are all about resale. The flight isn't that unique.

I've played this game in the past, and the popular play is to buy as many as you can at 19.99, then sell as quickly as you can for as much as you can.

They start in the 50-60s or more on ebay, then drop to the 40s as people undersell each other by .50 or a buck, then to the 30s as interest wanes, then Infinite joins the game in the upper 20s, then Innova pumps out more, and then the market collapses.

Perhaps this covid year will be different ... perhaps.

Sexton Firebirds and Halo discs are all the rage right now, people paying big money for both. Not the discs are any better, or fly any different, but they are the new collectible.

Yeah, that's a huge part of it.

I think the Halo plastic is pretty legit tho. Not sure it's $X more legit than star or w/e is your plastic of choice, but I've been stoked at how well it does from 0° to 98°. And it's legit durable. Maybe that's also describing your favorite plastic, and if so, then yeah, it's just marketing.

Sexton Firebirds just so happen to be made from my favorite plastic. Color glow is so grippy, gummy, glidey, and durable all at the same time. I think other discs fly the same, but other discs aren't made from color glow.

I did however snag some color glow non sexton firebirds, and they're the same thing just with different stamp. Legacy had some anniversary Enemies made of their own color glow as well, and they're even gummier! Can't wait to break those out.

I also use Barela Teebird3s, FD3, Leopard3, and even Wraiths in color glow. I would totally use color glow MD3s in place of my Buzzzes, but the prices on those, well....

Sexton Firebirds just so happen to be made from my favorite plastic. Color glow is so grippy, gummy, glidey, and durable all at the same time. I think other discs fly the same, but other discs aren't made from color glow.

Same here, the plastic is really great and glows great too. Thankfully snagged some early on to avoid the craziness of today. I dont need a tour series stamp, happy with any stamp as long as the plastic is the same. :D:thmbup:

I also use Barela Teebird3s, FD3, Leopard3, and even Wraiths in color glow. I would totally use color glow MD3s in place of my Buzzzes, but the prices on those, well....

I throw a color glow md3 in addition to my buzzz cause it feels (a little) beefier. but I also only have this one so if I ever lose it I'd be in the same boat as you

really all I want is a color glow orc...

Do any backhand players care about these? I always assumed the flight difference is more utilized from a forehand throw.

Do any backhand players care about these? I always assumed the flight difference is more utilized from a forehand throw.

A slightly less beefy Firebird is the cat's meow for a backhand shot if you ask me.

I've never been one to jump through hoops to find a new release so I haven't ever thrown a Sexton but in my mind it flys a lot like my Felons.

I think other discs fly the same, but other discs aren't made from color glow.

Millennium has the CG Draco. Infinite has a CG Scepter. Heard they both are identical too Sextons. The CG Draco might be the new firechicken because Calvin uses them now. And I've seen them rocket in price the last 3 months.

Also, Legacy's 5 year CG Enemy isn't FAF. It's flat as hell, but soft and gummy. FAF is flat and firm.

Millennium has the CG Draco. Infinite has a CG Scepter. Heard they both are identical too Sextons. The CG Draco might be the new firechicken because Calvin uses them now. And I've seen them rocket in price the last 3 months.

Also, Legacy's 5 year CG Enemy isn't FAF. It's flat as hell, but soft and gummy. FAF is flat and firm.

Well I meant Flat AF, which it is.

Anyone know the deal with these older Star XXL Firebirds? Good, bad? Flat or slightly domey? Super O/S or a little bit better of a thrower? And most importantly, how does it compare to the other FB's?

I've thrown and owned 5-6 champ Firebirds the last couple of years and they have all had the same very OS flight. I bought a star Firebird a few weeks ago and this is very much different. It's a lot straighter and I can get much more distance with it, I love it though but would compare it closer to a slightly lower glide Thunderbird than the champ Firebirds I have.

Is this normal? If that's the case I might need to stock up. At the moment I hesitate to rely on this disc too much since I don't know if I can get a replacement for it or not.

Realised this was the wrong thread, sorry. Feel free to remove my post.

I've thrown and owned 5-6 champ Firebirds the last couple of years and they have all had the same very OS flight. I bought a star Firebird a few weeks ago and this is very much different. It's a lot straighter and I can get much more distance with it, I love it though but would compare it closer to a slightly lower glide Thunderbird than the champ Firebirds I have.

Is this normal? If that's the case I might need to stock up. At the moment I hesitate to rely on this disc too much since I don't know if I can get a replacement for it or not.

sounds like you'd like a sexton firebird

sounds like you'd like a sexton firebird

Sure, but why bother if the cheaper more wildly available alternative already suits the flight you are looking for?

Sure, but why bother if the cheaper more wildly available alternative already suits the flight you are looking for?

cause color glow plastic is awesome, and if you try even a little bit it's really not hard to catch a drop. unless you are international, in which case I probably wouldn't even bother trying to get them

Last edited:
I made a video comparing the flights (flat release) of a Champ Firebird to a 2020 & 2021 Sexton Firebird...

very cool video. if I was local I'd let you throw some of my earlier years to compare the fight to those as well. one question: what exactly does "shot trajectories normalized" mean?

Switched out my usdgc '17 for a new '21 the other day to see how they fly. seems like the '21 is noticeably straighter... not really what I want out of a sexton firebird seeing as how they are already pretty straight for a firebird

Latest posts