• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Shallow Rimmed Putters?

Drakeab

Par Member
Can anyone tell me if a shallow rimmed putter exists? I have tried all sorts of grips with aviars and wizards, but can't make it happen!

I am looking for a putter to help me out with short drives and upshots... not for putting inside or near the circle.

Thanks!

Zone, but it's quite overstable. The XD is good too, but it's kind of a tweener putter mid...maybe right up your alley.

Vibram also makes shallow rimmed putters.

Edit...yep. Summit.

I switched from the wizard to the judge. The judge IMO is like a more compact feeling wizard. It's a bit shorter than the wizard, and feels pretty good in the hand because of this. Give one a try!

Vibram Ridge, Summit or VP. All are pretty shallow, although I don't think a lot of people use the Summit off the tee unless they're looking for a turnover shot.

One more person to shout Judge! at you. Everything else that is shallow feels like a utility disc that is being used as a putter. The judge feels like a putter that is just shallow. That's my take at least.

Breaker is 1mm more shallow than a Ringer but it very very similar...only in premium plastic at the moment though.

I think what you might want to try first is a pure. It's very similar in shape and stability to a very low profile beadless aviar. The spike and xd are also low profile but a little less overstable. The summit is also low and quite understable if you like a putter that never fades but may drift to the right on a faster/longer putt. The judge is a great straight putter like the pure but is about the same height as a beadless aviar, not nearly as low as the ones I've already mentioned (same with the ridge which is basically identical to a wizard). The ringer, breaker, and pa2 are nice and low profile if you like a very os putter, more than a new wizard. They are both similar in stability to a rhyno or vp but lower in profile so I wouldn't recommend those two. The zone is pretty low but is more like a midrange than any of the other mentioned and even more overstable than a vp/rhyno so I would not recommend it. The prodigy pa1 is higher profile than a wizard.

Latest posts