• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shive, Feldburg, MCCoy, Duffy

Does anyone have a link to the results. I may be noobing it up, but I can't find anything.

Assuming you actually get lucky and connect to the site ...
http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/CertifedElectionResults-PDGA-2011.pdf

The link also has results for the state coordinators and bylaws changes "vote of confidence". Here are the results for the board:
1472 David Feldberg
1019 Rebecca Duffy
852 Kevin McCoy
678 Peter Shive
673 Teresa Trueba Embree
655 Robert Decker, CPA
546 Theo Pozzy
454 Jack Lowe
453 Tom Cremer
450 Michael Solt
334 Joe Feidt
332 Jurky Jurkovich
281 Tom Lowry
264 Kent Schafer
212 John Dorn
198 Jack Hicks
169 John Heaton
152 Mike Wierda
51 Write-ins

I also forgot to post the most amusing of the write-in votes, which are all listed in that document. One vote for PA state coordinator went to:
The Chicken

I hope that if Mr. Shive is unable to continue in his service, that the Board will have the good sense to appoint Teresa in his place. She is clearly the next choice, and women are so underrepresented on the Board.

I thought board members were supposed to represent the disc golfers at large...more than one woman would seem too many

at least until more women are playing the sport...(I am in favor of this btw))

this means war

why would it be war?
every course I go to there is perhaps 1 female playing out of the masses and often she is begrudgingly there like a man is shopping with his girlfriend at the mall.

I wish women made up more than 5% of disc golfers...but they don't. To have 2 seats representing women seems unfair.

In all honesty I think more women are finding the sport and thats a good thing

I would be more upset with disc manufacturers for not selling more lightweight versions of premium discs

BTW I do throw pink discs and do like women

I am really happy Bob Decker did not get elected, I met him a few years back and he was completely clueless about what was going on in disc golf. Yes, he is a CPA, but a CPA is needed only for tax purposes, and that can be outsourced.

Which implies that a separate initiative would be needed to market discs specifically to women, and afaik that isn't being done so his complaint would seem valid...

why would it be war?
every course I go to there is perhaps 1 female playing out of the masses and often she is begrudgingly there like a man is shopping with his girlfriend at the mall.

I wish women made up more than 5% of disc golfers...but they don't. To have 2 seats representing women seems unfair.

In all honesty I think more women are finding the sport and thats a good thing

I would be more upset with disc manufacturers for not selling more lightweight versions of premium discs

BTW I do throw pink discs and do like women

I am one of the biggest supporters of women out there and I agree. When you have 10k men and 950 women then it is a big accomplishment to even have one on the board.

Other great write-ins:

14. Anyone that is a "Pro-Smoking" candidate
39. leroy jenkins

For state cooridinators: (parentheses added)

Anyone other than John Bird
Any1but K. Johnson (sorry Keith I think you do a fine job)
Anyone but Keith
I live in Oklahoma If possible I would like to vote for Michael Treat for Oklahoma State coordinator (in the Kansas voting)
Too bad there's not another- he doesn't support the ladies in KS very well
Anybody but Snelson
Anyone else
None of the Above
None of the above
Texas- Mitch Justice (in the Ohio voting??)
Anyone but Mitch (in the TX voting LOL)
I won't vote for Terry but have no one else.

I am really happy Bob Decker did not get elected, I met him a few years back and he was completely clueless about what was going on in disc golf. Yes, he is a CPA, but a CPA is needed only for tax purposes, and that can be outsourced.

I don't know Bob Decker or anything about him, so I won't comment on him directly. I will agree that the preperation of the tax return can be outsourced.

However, I think it is very important to have at least one Board Member with a strong financial/accounting background. Preferably more than one. There are many reasons this individual is needed (budget oversight, long range fiscal planning, etc...), the least of which is the preperation of the tax return. The individual with the strong financial/accounting background does not need to have a CPA license, but by having a CPA license, you know that the individual has a certain level of financial/accounting background.

It's possible the new Board will think having a financial person on the Board is important enough that Bob Decker may get one of the two appointed spots.

I thought board members were supposed to represent the disc golfers at large...more than one woman would seem too many

at least until more women are playing the sport...(I am in favor of this btw))

Consider that for many years the PDGA Board was made up of proportionally more Pro players, even though amateurs are the majority of PDGA membership. It would be an impossible task to ensure that the BoD represents exactly the membership with the requisite amount of Pros vs. Ams, male vs. female, old farts vs. young whippersnappers, etc. Besides, it's an election and whoever gets voted in, gets voted in. If we get 9 ams on the BoD or 9 women or whatever someday, that's what the membership elected.

I didn't vote for any of ones elected. Joe Feidt was my man.