• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Smaller Disc Golf Companies

I'll second the Daredevil recommendation. I have the Wolverine. Nice stable-to-overstable fairway driver. And killer stamps!

Their stamps are the best, with the exception of some of the distance drivers. I want to buy that moose, just looking at it.

Just a thought:

In the grand scheme of life and business, Innova IS the little guy (still). Is it the smallest company in dg? Absolutely not.

Is Innova Evil Empire some huge corporation? Likewise, absolutely not.

Dave Dunipace and Innova ARE the American Dream.

Just keep that in mind before you seek out the smallest companies just because they're small. :)

I totally agree, but I don't want to overlook excellence just because it's coming from an unexpected place. I doubt I will ever own a bag without a Firebird and a Roc in it. They have their bag share for me probably permanently.

Just a thought:

In the grand scheme of life and business, Innova IS the little guy (still). Is it the smallest company in dg? Absolutely not.

Is Innova Evil Empire some huge corporation? Likewise, absolutely not.

Dave Dunipace and Innova ARE the American Dream.

Just keep that in mind before you seek out the smallest companies just because they're small. :)

Agreed and Dave has kept it 'home' so to speak. My brother in law (company not going to be named) wasted no time moving his production over to China for the sake of higher profits.

Can't speak for the usdgc roc, but of the other roc clone attempts (ghost, mace, etc) i think the Mission is most similar to a premium plastic KC Pro as you can get.

Okay! So its KC stability in premium plastic. USDGC Rocs can sometimes rival gators in overstability.

ABC has nice discs all are solid. The flying squirrel is IMO the best under stable mid on the planet. Also have a lot of love for vibram. Produces has a couple fine molds as well.

ABC has nice discs all are solid. The flying squirrel is IMO the best under stable mid on the planet. Also have a lot of love for vibram. Produces has a couple fine molds as well.

a great feeling, great flying Overstable Putter

Another great smaller company is the only German disc manufacturer, Crosslap. They have two discs, the Credo which is an awesome overstable putter, and the Lucky which is an under stable midrange.

Does anyone know if abc is out of business? Haven't seen any updates on their website and cant find any info on it.. love the money. Mission has a beat roc with more fade flight for me :D

I heard somewhere that ABC was trying to make a comeback. The only ABC disc I've thrown is the Gamma Ray. I really liked it. A little sharp, but grippy, gummy plastic that ripped like a faster Polaris LS. With such small runs, my main concern w/ smaller companies is consistency and sustainability.

Deity Discs and Legacy are my favorite smaller companies.

The new Chimera released recently by Deity is a fabulous disc fwiw, and the plastic feels very unique imo, plus they bomb and are very workable on a variety of shots.

Deity Discs and Legacy are my favorite smaller companies.

The new Chimera released recently by Deity is a fabulous disc fwiw, and the plastic feels very unique imo, plus they bomb and are very workable on a variety of shots.

When is Deity going to publish some info on their discs? The Chimera has been talked about for a month plus now and I have yet to see anything about it. Anybody else thrown it?

I heard somewhere that ABC was trying to make a comeback. The only ABC disc I've thrown is the Gamma Ray. I really liked it. A little sharp, but grippy, gummy plastic that ripped like a faster Polaris LS. With such small runs, my main concern w/ smaller companies is consistency and sustainability.

Gummy for sure like 400s. Every one ive come across hasnt been too domey or flat just gradual.

Hope the comeback is legitimate.

I'm probably gonna draw some hate for this, but I'm still a big fan of the Salient Prometheus. I can't argue the reasons that people have for not liking this company, but the plastic blends that they use are second to none, and the Prometheus has broken my forehand distane record as well as my roller distance record. Another company to keep your eyes on is Paradigm Discs. The Tiger is a great replacement for the Teebird, and their plastic blends are amazing as well!

When is Deity going to publish some info on their discs? The Chimera has been talked about for a month plus now and I have yet to see anything about it. Anybody else thrown it?

They have been focusing more on their discs than their website.
The Chimera has been released in two different plastics:
Delta and Alpha (D40 and A55) as penned on the back.

These ratings come from what is known as the shore hardness scale.
Here is a website to reference for more on that: http://www.smooth-on.com/Durometer-Shore-Ha/c1370/index.html

The flight numbers that were going around were 11/5/-1/3 for the Delta Chimeras and 11/6/-3/2 for the Alpha Chimeras.

I throw at 5,280' so my reviews are geared towards others at higher elevations, but what I can say with certainty is that the in order of stability for the Delta plastic the Blues are the most stable, then Pink, then Clear.

I have been throwing beat gummier 07-08' champ destroyers since they came out as my main driver, and I have faith in my Chimeras enough to unseat my Destroyers. They go further with less effort and are very resilient and feel great imo.

I sold out of my Clears, but have some Pink and Blues available if anyone is interested.

Peace

Id suggest ABC Discs and Yikun for small DG Companies

And Legacy and MVP for Medium Sized companies.

Id stay as far away as possible from Salient and Vibram.