• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

SmashBoxxTV Podcast

This podcast will not make the people who like the short and concise shows happy. It is LONG, and fun, and we have 4 or so guests.

Enjoy... or don't. I don't care. :)

Glad I got to catch the last 1 1/2 hours tonight. Simon is good for the "sport" and a natural in front of the camera. :clap:

DragonballZ and Family Feud, too funny. Especially when Terry had the "WTF?" look about the Super Sian tv moment. :D

Thanks for the work you guys are doing with the podcasts and especially the on the course livecasts. The coverage has been great and pretty awesome given the way you guys are broadcasting thru a phone for the most part and having you ( JV ) at command central monitoring, running, producing what we get to view FOR FREE, no less! :hfive:

I have no idea why people want to hate and criticize your efforts for such a epic endeavor. People who are whining and complaining can get off their ass, their gear, go to the events and broadcast a better live effort if they think they can...then give it away...:thmbdown: to the unappreciative.

The last few nights have been late nights at work. Ive put this on in the background while I've finished everything up and really enjoyed it. The interview with Simon was great and I definitely agree that the DragonBall Z and Family Feud moments were awesome.

The coverage has been great and pretty awesome given the way you guys are broadcasting thru a phone for the most part and having you ( JV ) at command central monitoring, running, producing what we get to view FOR FREE, no less! :hfive:

I have no idea why people want to hate and criticize your efforts for such a epic endeavor. People who are whining and complaining can get off their ass, their gear, go to the events and broadcast a better live effort if they think they can...then give it away...:thmbdown: to the unappreciative.

QFT:hfive:

Perhaps folks criticize because they'd love to have a really good podcast that works for them and they're trying to help improve things. Those who are offering their opinions on how it could be better are folks who care this sort of thing and want to be able to support it fully. I guess it would be easier for all of those people to just shrug, say it isn't for them, and never think about it again, though I doubt that would help the production effort very much. And having a bunch of people saying "Episodes are far too long to bother with" when asked about it isn't a very good endorsement, either.

While I think it's a good effort, I'm among those who just don't have the luxury of 1.5 hours or more for an episode. Not hating on the show, just pointing out that it doesn't work for me at that length. Get it under an hour and I'm interested.

Perhaps folks criticize because they'd love to have a really good podcast that works for them and they're trying to help improve things. Those who are offering their opinions on how it could be better are folks who care this sort of thing and want to be able to support it fully. I guess it would be easier for all of those people to just shrug, say it isn't for them, and never think about it again, though I doubt that would help the production effort very much. And having a bunch of people saying "Episodes are far too long to bother with" when asked about it isn't a very good endorsement, either.

While I think it's a good effort, I'm among those who just don't have the luxury of 1.5 hours or more for an episode. Not hating on the show, just pointing out that it doesn't work for me at that length. Get it under an hour and I'm interested.

Your point ie well taken. I just believe that some people are OVERLY critical on things ( I know this is the internet :wall: ) and cant give criticism of the constructive type. Some people cant even convey their thoughts to the keyboard and beyond...:|

I am with you on the length of the casts sometimes, I dont get to see them live on Tuesday night. I mainly scan thru them, watch the interviews that are generally 45 min to an hour or so of the show. I generally catch up on my video watching on Monday evenings after my rounds at the local 9. :thmbup:.

There is productive criticism (which smash box asks for) and plain old b!tching.

It's a live feed, including all the problems and delays, if you don't have the patience and time, wait for the edited version. Only problem with that though is, sometimes you miss the little fun things, like Doss's commentary on Rico's disc fishing escapade.

Liiiiiiiiiive!

bruce_buffer_blows-85494.gif

still live but this post is behind the start time. Been busy today so slacking on the start time'

these dudes really should post this HERE before they go live ........ :):p

#Growthesport

yet cut peeps out of a tournament? I thought their entry fees are what support the tournaments? damn you guys went hard tonight on the AM's lol. The whole thing is ****ed.

#SUCKITUP! #WORK4FREE!

If you think the podcast is too long, just turn it off after my segment. There usually isn't anything worth hearing after I'm off.

#Growthesport

yet cut peeps out of a tournament? I thought their entry fees are what support the tournaments? damn you guys went hard tonight on the AM's lol. The whole thing is ****ed.

#SUCKITUP! #WORK4FREE!
Aim, do you think we really went hard on the Ams? I didn't think so at all. The Ams are what keeps the sport a float. Hell, by all ratings accounts, I AM an Am player.

But then again, during the broadcast I say a lot of stuff that I don't remember about 5 minutes later.

lol no just giving you guys a hard time.

kept it real regarding if not rated high enough and cant get in to go play another event. Its odd though when you would think somehow more players regardless wouldn't be a bad thing-- just comes down to the model obviously and how there is very little money for overhead to be able to let everyone in. I imagine a person like Nate H. has put in countless hours for the legdgestone which couldn't even be compensated and relying on many volunteers to make it all happen.

Disc golfers can be a bit selfish for sure'

Latest posts