• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Snow in Rancho Cucamonga? (Innova Blizzard Technology)

fastgti02 said:
I have tried the katana and I don't really like it cause it's really flippy when I throw it to hard so I bought a an ape the other just waiting for it to come.

Yeah, I threw my wife's Bliz Katana and it was way fun with a big tailwind but won't be finding my bag. I am also waiting for my ape to come....

Innova Facebook Feed said:
NEW DISTANCE WORLD RECORD - A 134 gram Blizzard Champion Boss was thrown 255 meters by Team Innova member David Wiggins Jr. at the WFDF sanctioned High Desert Distance Challenge II!

I'll just leave this here

I have a question: are the bubbles supposed to be in the flight plate or the rim or both? I got a 131g Destro that has only bubble in the rim. how are the different "configurations"? or just tell me what page to read.

Probably because most of the material is located in the wing and not the flight plate. A bit of logical deduction on my part, and a bit of speculation as well :p

victorb said:
Probably because most of the material is located in the wing and not the flight plate. A bit of logical deduction on my part, and a bit of speculation as well :p
Getting the weight off from everywhere would be optimal, but I seem to recall that the reasoning was A) It looks nicer to not have them in the flight plate (which I disagree with) and B) leads to less x-outs.

I'm finally getting the hang of my 138 B-Boss. If I throw it at about 90-95% that is when I get a slight S out of it and max D. I can hit my 152 B-Boss @ 100% and it still won't flip. (But I have no arm... :lol: ) It's very predictable.

155 Boss is the best Blizzard i've thrown for regular golf throws. At least based on rear winds only today. The weight difference to Pro 168 makes the Bliz fly so much faster that even in rear wind it fades later and less than the Pro 168 in calm conditions. Even though with flash the 155 Boss is too much of a disc for me released flat for best D and boy does it go far for little effort. S-curves did add D and the fade so much less than my Legenda that i think i will have a good time with this baby. I really really wanna see how this disc fares in no wind conditions and after the flash is gone. Bombtastic for under full power means control while having great D and not tiring out fast for better longer event endurance and hopefully results. If that materializes like i think it will this disc will get to the bag and i think a 150 Bliz Boss will get voted by my wallet too :)

Have to say that the 139g Blizzard Boss worked fantastically in Oulu, definitely gave me some extra distance. Too bad the wind died down every time I stepped onto the tee (at least if it would have been a tailwind), and kicked up whenever I got near the basket. =P

I have a 138 Blizzard Boss and I was really liking the easy distance. It was easy to flip over but always liked to hook up, come back and make a full flight. Its easy to throw 400+ on a consistent basis, where my star and pro destroyers are averaging around 385 and sometimes getting to 400+ when i get it just right. The disc is already beating up fast and getting flippy though. Today the disc was flipping out so hard out of a slight hyzer and not coming back. My green 168 metal flake mn majestic katana was much more useful for max d and seems to be more predictable overall. It seems like I am going to need to rotate these discs as often as pro destroyers. The Blizzard Bosses will stay in the bag for raw wide open D and big high annys. Thinking of another one around 138 and a heavier one.

I have found that weights around 150 are more controllable. I have fairly weak arm( I throw Archons mostly) and the 150 teedevil is money. I have a star one that is a little much but the blizzard bombs. And holds up.

Innova has been all about distance in the last few years, so this is kind of like their piéce de résistance.

rooneytunes said:
Innova has been all about distance in the last few years, so this is kind of like their piéce de résistance.
Innova itself has been focusing on distance in recent years yes, but they've done fan-fucking-tastic work with Discmania to produce some of the best mids, putters, and control drivers in the game too.