• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Snow in Rancho Cucamonga? (Innova Blizzard Technology)

Im interested in the PD2/DD2, thats the combo I throw for D right now. The PD2 might be the right combo of light weight and overstability for some really big shots. Hoping they will be available somewhere other than the factory store (I'll never order from there again, they fucked up two of my orders badly and it doesn't cost 10 bucks to ship a couple discs to CT.).

I got a couple of field throws with the blizzard pd2 this weekend and for me they turned over more and had better glide than the blizzard boss that is in my bag. These were easy to get to flip on a hard throw and with enough height they really bombed for me. I want to get some throws in with some wind to really see how far these will go though.

If I needed huge field bombs in NC I would bag these but they are still fun to throw. The ones I threw were yellow 150g x-out from the factory store.

$(KGrHqVHJDEE-Pd2NeuRBPmzCLEfe!~~60_58.JPG

D

Got a few blizzard discs in yesterday. It was league night so I didn't get a lot of throws in with them, but after my first throw with the 143 Wraith I couldn't resist throwing it again a couple times in the round as well. My very first throw with it netted me a bird on a hole I'd never reached before. Duplicated the shot again during the round but missed my putt.

Only one toss with the 132 PD2 I got and it was..... interesting. Same hole as the wraith shot above with a tail wind. So I throw it with a bit of anny and the thing rockets out, flips right over and rolls a mile. :? Won't base anything off of that throw though. I'll hopefully get out into a field and play around with them some more soon.

This probably sounds crazy, but I walked into my local PIAS and had an employee tell me he got his hands on some STAR blizzard Bosses when picking up his order in Rock Hill. Low and behold, he was right. It's certainly star plastic with no bubbles in the flight plate but they had that noticeable 'bubbly-like' quality around the rims. He had only 10 of them, and I picked up a 130g that weighed in at 148 on their scale. Same parting line as a 150g champ blizzard boss at the store. Eager to try it out..or hmmm...should I sell it?...

ETA: It has the regular production run star stamp on it. I'll post a pic when I am done writing a stupid paper.

I picked up a couple PD2's a 143 and a 132. The 132 is close to the flippiest disc I've thrown. I seriously have a hard time making it finish left. The 143 seems pretty nice so far though and I'll play around with it some more.

The 135 Destroyer I got doesn't seem as stable as I was thinking it was going to be and the the 143 Wraith I got is exactly what I was hoping it would be.

Very little throws to nail them down so far, but my first impressions are that they're fun with some great D potential, but I'd be worried that if I have a blizz disc I love, I'd have a hard time finding another one that flies the same. How have others found the consistincy from disc to disc?

what'shisname said:
How have others found the consistincy from disc to disc?

I was wondering the same thing. It seems like everyone is getting weird variations in their discs. I know that everyone throws differently, but you would think there is a general consensus. To hear that PD2's are flippy is just weird to me.

Looking forward to Blizzard Star to see how those come out.

(DISCLAIMER: I tasted the Blizzard Kool-Aid early on, and am now eagerly guzzling every flavor. I am currently in a torrid love affair with my blue 150 BlizKat, which I rub myself on every night in bed.)

Following up on Joz's tip, I went and fondled about 15 Star Blizzard Bosses (all white) last night, except that while PIAS here hand-wrote "Blizzard" on the tag, they are stamped and labeled as regular Star. An Innova staffer told me they are not Blizzard, but when I said the rim sure looked awfully bubblefied and asked what the distinction between these and Blizzard discs is, he said "Semantics."

I picked out a 145. (Caution: Only about half of them weighed as marked. Two 150s were 145.) The PLH was very close to the Champ BlizBosses they had there, and I chose the one with the highest PL.

With limited FH and BH throws at lunch today, it had slightly more turn than my 8/10 138 and 139 BlizBosses, with more glide, which I almost hesitate to say since the Champ BlizBosses are glide demons.

YMMV. For comparison purposes, I used to say I'm a 325' arm, but after throwing my BlizBoss at The Clash on Hornet's Nest #2 past the rise behind the green power box (390'+), I don't know what to say anymore.

I am curious how they'll wear in. I've been real pleased with the break-in factor for ChampBliz; have to think these'll turn more, quicker. I'll have more throws with it at Am League tonight

Yeah, I wouldn't mind if we decided on a standard mold and weight and took the powerlevel from there :)

Fightingthetide said:
what'shisname said:
How have others found the consistincy from disc to disc?

I was wondering the same thing. It seems like everyone is getting weird variations in their discs. I know that everyone throws differently, but you would think there is a general consensus. To hear that PD2's are flippy is just weird to me.

Looking forward to Blizzard Star to see how those come out.

Non Blizz discs vary too. So no surprise.

I tried Blizzard Wraith on the course few times, didn't really like it. In calm conditions or tailwind it performed ok, but in headwind it didn't work at all (not so big surprise, though). So I think I'll stick to slower and normal weight discs and forget these bubbly ones by now.

hardly any lss unless you throw them nose up or high enough to let them fight out the anny. They mostly want to slowly track right for their flight.