• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today? Part II

I played Saturday first time in 2020 and had a hard time with putting nose flat at the basket, was nose up most of the time. I did figure out to use my Pro 175 gram Shark when putting the one time the wind was up. I did okay and I skipped two woods holes as they were not fun to play got more opened up as the Steamboat Park is getting in a water treatment plant that will take out holes 7-9 and a new bridge might take out hole 6 as well, 10 that is on that side the basket might still be there but the tee pad will be gone. Also a bush or two that helped protect a hole was torn out but the basket is still behind a tree on the edge of the bush(s). I had also had finger grip issues mainly with my Champion Valkyrie.

Yesterday I reached a disc golf milestone—I shot even par for the first time. (Yes, I stink pretty bad. Lack of consistency is probably my biggest issue, except for maybe putting, distance, and accuracy.) Okay, so it was only for 9 holes, not a full 18, but still. It felt good.

Yesterday I reached a disc golf milestone—I shot even par for the first time. (Yes, I stink pretty bad. Lack of consistency is probably my biggest issue, except for maybe putting, distance, and accuracy.) Okay, so it was only for 9 holes, not a full 18, but still. It felt good.

Hey, a milestone is a milestone. Congrats.

It wasn't today but it was within the last few days. I was going to go out for a round and the kids heard I was going. Naturally, they wanted to go - so I let them. They are 5 and 7 (in 2 weeks). The first 9 holes I shot pretty crummy. I felt anxious like I had to focus on the kids and not the round. My 7 year old (boy) learned that he can forehand roll a disc pretty far. I gave him the brand new Gateway spirit and told him to hit whatever he wanted to with it. He hit trees, rolled it, tried rolling it up and over downed trees - you name it. I started shooting better about halfway through and ended with two birdies on 17 and 18. I also hopefully ended up with a slightly more worn in disc. ;)

Played on of my worst rounds ever yesterday. . .but then i had an ACE on one of the last holes. . .mixed feelings, sad about the round but happy for my first ACE on that course ( i did bogey that hole two weeks i a row so that ACE feels nice )

Didn't play well at all. I have an injury in my throwing shoulder and didn't warm up. I couldn't get loose and threw the disc poorly all morning... I need to loosen up or nothing is good...

That is a major milestone! I've never come close on my local 18 hole course, but I keep chasing it.:thmbup:

Played a decent round at the Friday evening mini at El Reno just west of OKC. Plus 2 with a personal highlight of an easy 3 on hole 11 after about a 360' FH drive into a moderate headwind.

The real highlight was having a lovely young lady on my card named Emily Beach, https://www.pdga.com/player/61144.

I noticed her team Innova shirt but had no idea who she was. Started on hole 2 which has some trees on the left and an OB creek on the right. Basket is about 450', guarded by a tree so you want a straight drive off the tee and chew as much distance as you can. I threw about as good a BH tee shot as I could hope for, about 340' in the middle of the fairway. She stepped up and slung one about 50' past mine. I asked her if we needed to get used to her outdriving us and she just smiled...

She's big, athletic and left handed. She also can throw touch BH and FH shots right handed. Her LHBH form is a thing of beauty, watched her air out a few in the 400' range. Chatted with her and her boyfriend(?), he says she's probably in the top 5 in FPO for sheer distance and able to throw 450+. He ended up winning the card at minus one, apparently he has his own course in Ninnekah, OK. She shot even par and my ego is very happy to have stayed within 2 strokes of her. :)

I did not hit a $450 ace pool at a very short course.

So I did not play as well as I wanted.

Luckily 39 other people also did not play as well as they wanted.

$500+ next week.

Played pretty well. John Kirkland #100 got in touch and wanted to play my course again in Carnation, WA. We played the front nine, and I shot -6 which is real good. I then showed him the black 9, which is my secret layout, and he proceeded to destroy the place. John is 75 and throws 400 feet. Yes, he's the John Kirkland aka The Friz Whiz who had his signature on several Whamo models from the '70's after he won the US Open at the Rose Bowl. Such an inspiration!

Not bad, considering the amount of standing water—one over. Could not run up on the tees because of the mud slicks.

Well the fun meter at Horizons was about 9 (LOL now what's this disc doing?! or Wow perfect hyzer flip to straight!) with Frisbees and 4 with golf discs (they don't go as far as they should and all way too high and left, unlike the Frisbees) so that's that. Score wise? Probably more pars with the golf discs thanks to easy button putting with a Roach vs. Guts disc, but 2s still not happening.

Last edited:
I PB's my local course by 3 shots on Saturday, which came as a total shock. Been really working on putting and up shots the past few weeks, and it all came together. Didn't feel like I threw the disc that well.

Next day … awful. Totally lost my swing, up shots were off.

Off to the field with some putters and Mako3's to smooth it out.

I don't play many tournaments, but I played one this weekend. I averaged 997 golf at an a-tier and got 13th out of 85 in Open. Feeling pretty good about it. Had really great cards all weekend and it might have been enough to get me to try to play in some a bit more often.

I (assume, based on your location :p ) also played in this same tournament. I played great Friday and Saturday then shot my worst tournament round since March today and fell back form 5th to 13th place in MA2. Still averaged my rating over the three days, which is the highest it's ever been, and got over $100 in merch credit. So, it was a good weekend overall. But today was definitely frustrating and a quite the let down.

Throwing with a noob and then my three disc challenge!

I was able to get out this morning and go throw with a total noob. I truly think it was one of the best rounds of disc I have had in a long time. This was truly one of the most casual rounds I have had in a long time and I found it super enjoyable.

It took us 1 hour and 40 minutes to complete the full 18. But, it was great fun to be able to share my limited tips with JP and watch him improve his game with each throw and putt. I am not the best person to be taking throwing advice from as I am still in the process of returning to disc golf myself after a big break (in more ways than one!). Anyway, I had a great time out throwing and really taking my time playing.

Typically, I can run a full 18 in 45 minutes to an hour. Taking more time and playing slowrer definitely made me enjoy my time on the course even more.

After completing that round, JP had to head out. I made the decision to play a solo round or not. Guess what I did? Iplayed a solo and made the decision to play only three discs out of my bag. I went with my Dynamic Discs Evader, Dynamic Discs Truth, and the Dynamic Discs EMac Judge.

Holy nutballs Batman! My round was off the hook. I was getting amazing distance and amazing disc placement. I was able to realize an increasingly impressive parking of discs at two throws and parring holes I had never gotten par on before. Pretty darn awesome all things considered.

I did have one throw that really was not good at all! I went searching for my disc as I only had the one bagged, (that won't happen again! I went and purchased a second disc this afternoon! )

Anyway, while searching for my disc, I came on a disc buried in the grass. Iam pretty sure it had only been thrown a few times. The disc did have a name and phone number on it. I texted the number and let them know Ifound the disc and took it to the local disc shop for pickup later.

All in all a good day!
(Copied and pasted from another thread.)

Second time around Bond Lake. Took one stroke off my first. Nothing consistent. Got a par on the 18th where I lost a disc last time. Prodigy chains give me trouble. Great, great course

152-EC6-F1-FF17-43-AE-A654-5-C59-DDCAD71-E.jpg

It was blowing quite hard and pushing 90° at Riverfront 13 in Fridley, I played like hot garbage.

I shot a 979 rated round to take down MA2 in the Gulf Coast Tour Challenge round 1 event at Taylor Park on Saturday. I'm an 827 rated player and this was by far my best DG round ever. Everything just worked, got some lucky breaks, and made four 40-50' putts.

Latest posts