• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today was a windy day but i played well and took home 1st place at Osage Grove Disc Golf Course. First tournament with Vibram and they held up great. :)

shot -3 at calvary. then even at hidden lake which par is 70 there. lost my seasoned laser straight stalker too god dammit. then -1 at riverside.

also got an ace. its been 10 months since my last one. the wind was going pretty good too so it made it pretty sweet

Played in a vicious wind yesterday and ended up only 4 shots of the low of the round. Been practicing my putting a lot and it truly helped me get 3-4 strokes yesterday.

I won my division at the Chili Challenge at Standing Rocks.

It was rainy and cold the whole first round.

Still managed to shoot below par on a 25 hole layout with 4 temp holes.

I just played 9 holes without stopping for the first time in 6 weeks, like a pirate on a peg leg, Arrr. A friend/coworker of mine threw with me for only his 3rd round ever, and he's a natural, by the end he was out driving me (my drives were pushing 175' maybe), and we were quite competitive, it came down to the last 2 holes, I was leading with 2 to go and he strung together a pair of birdies to nail down the win.

I did it, 9 holes, no problem - in fact I still had enough in me to throw 5 more holes with another friend that showed up, plus 2 other safari holes, I played 16 holes today! I'm beat, I don't think I'll get off the couch for the rest of the day, but it felt great :)

56 at Sleepy Hollow. -3 going into infamous hole 9, and coming out of it I was even and short one KC Roc. ;_; Tried a few new things on the back 9 and carded two 4's and a bunch of PAR. Putting in the circle was great, and putting in the wind was great too. Kept 'em flat and put 'em in the chains.

58 at The Gulch. Fun casual round with friends. Started with a 5 on short easy hyzer hole, and the rest of the round became about saving par, with a couple 2's thrown in. After hole one, only had one putting mistake in the circle, and was banging 'em from 25' and slight wind. FH and OH utility shots got a lot of use. Buzzz OS for the FH and threw thumbers with a Star Rancho Roc and FB to save two tough pars.

Not bad! I have started a new putting and driving routine, thanks to my bud who is friends with a sports psychologist. It helps a lot and keeps me out of my own head, making my rounds so much more enjoyable!

Shot 56 at cp Adams. Not a very good score, right? it was pretty windy, and I'm actually pretty happy with it considering I only had one birdie the entire round. I chained out on 3 birdie putts in a row but I didn't let it get me down, kept an even keel to shoot pretty damn well considering I only got one 2 on the entire course.

Played ok at an Ace Race today, and played even better in super windy conditions afterwards. Very happy with where my drives are...

Didn't play the best but I did find a couple discs. Funny thing is I've only lost two discs this year and the ones I found were the same exact models.. Just not the ones I lost.

I did okay, shot -1 at Oregon Park, but I'll take that since my putting was downright frozen. If it didn't hit the rim it hit the cage. But the driving game was on point. I had an Eagle on #4 to pretty much save the front 9 after a bogey on 3.

I got an ace on #11! But it was on the Silver basket and not the Gold I was playing to. Still got par though.

Fun day overall, used my Vein and Gui a lot to get ready for the East meets West Challenge next month!

I drove 2 hours because I was told a tournament was being held at a par 3 golf course. Who wouldn't be phyched, right? I get there and find out it's just 9 holes and it's a short tight course around the golf course.....lame. The silver lining to this dark cloud, besides winning a bag of eggplant, is that I dragged another poor unsuspecting soul into the bottomless disc golf abyss. My newb friend is so hooked.

I played better yesterday, but today wasn't too shabby. I tied for fourth at the Lunacy tourney in Longmont in MA2. There was also a tie for second, so that was pretty cool. It was a very tight division. I had a lot of fun, but I left some putts out there that I shouldn't have.

Played more normal abysmal game but I did have a real nice drive on hole 16 at Moccasin Bend near Jackson MS. Being a forehand thrower and frustrated with my play I just got up and flung the disc at the basket. It is a wooded hole with water down the whole left side. My disc wove through the trees, went out over the water then fell back to the right dropping 4' from the basket for an easy birdie. It would have been more amazing if that was my exact plan. However throws like that keep me playing.

Aside from sudden Gale force winds which made my most over stable disc ( champ boss) trun and burn into OB territory on the first hole, not too bad. Putting is markedly improving!

+4 at Calvary. A day or two ago I had an ace and finished at -3

Consistency is over rated anyways

As autumn weather arrives I'm playing in a lot more wind, it's confusing as hell when you don't trust your disc on the teepad. I'm imagining this autumn and the wind as a learning experience, after all I can't be too disappointed in conditions I've never played in before.

All that said, I shot a great round today. I lost my Destroyer on blind hyzer hole... only to find it 30 minutes later when fell out of the tree and hit me on the head. At least I got it back. I went on to hit a huge 40 foot uphill headwind putt.

Same round, hit a 120 foot shot for a 2 on a hole that I've only birdied once before (from a putt the first time). Birdied the next 2 holes. The last hole of the day I sent my Tern 380 feet downhill for an easy 15 foot putt.

It was a magic round and it struck me that despite starting so badly it came together in the end. It wasn't my best round at this course, but it was my most fun round to date. Finished at 64 on a par 58 course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts