• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had 9 people out for putting leagues last night. My putting has been atrocious lately. Lately I've been messing around with the Atom and haven't been able to dial it in. I went to my Envys (and a Proto electron soft) and finally felt some of that spark back. I was nowhere near cash, but its a step back in the right direction.

played a quick 18 at newport news yesterday. Easily one of my best driving days in quite some time, however my putting was atrocious. Shot -5 and all six birdies (one bogey) were tap ins. Didnt make a putt outside 10 feet.

Drove well and putted ok. I was just happy to be throwing with the rainy weather we have had around here. Should be able to get back out again tomorrow.

It was shorts weather with light winds. Played OK but really pleased with some new additions to the bag. The Jokeri is a fabulous disc. Just added a Teebird a few weeks ago and loving that one already. Added the Buzzz and Mako3 to the Wasp and it's a great combo.

Tied for first in glow leagues last night! I started off birdie birdie and made a lot of good pars last night. Ended up with 4 birdies, 4 bogeys and a double bogey at +2. We play everything as a par 3.

Got out and played a quick round at Acorn with my brand spanking new all pink Axiom loaded Nutsac: Proxy, Envy, Inspire, Crave and Clash. Beautiful morning for some overmolded DG!

My very first drive with the Proxy hit the tray on #4. Parked #5 with the Envy. Easy birdies on #7 and #8 after nice S-curve Inspire drives. Parked #10 with the Envy. Missed the a 25' birdie putt on #12 after a straight (but short) Proxy drive. Parked #14 and #15 with the Envy.

Hmmm... I think there might be something to this GYRO technology after all. :D

I played an all overmold bag today. I have been playing pretty poorly the last couple months since my son was born, something about lack of sleep, exercise and regular play working together doesn't translate into good disc golf. Anyway, I had also been on a bad run of no birdies and feeling pretty depressed about it. Today I had 2 on a pretty tough course. I didn't keep score because I haven't been lately with my poor performance, but I am pretty sure it was one of my best games ever on that course.

Also, I think I discovered a direct correlation with doing a good yoga routine the day before with both consistency and distance on my throws.

Threw a triple round at my nearly empty home course this afternoon: one set 'normal', one with only a putter, and another throwing only forehand with a Saint Pro. I think it helped to get a feel for stuff I don't normally do, and my 'regular' round included a parked drive on a hole I usually don't deuce, and another near ace that faded JUST past the back right chain. Things you try out in the 'off-season' may be beneficial once the weather starts getting better...I hope.

Woodland was empty? I figured it would be slammed so I went to the AJ Jolly wetlands lol. I wanted to air out some drivers anyways. The lake was frozen and it was nice and sunny but the wind was so brutal. I was throwing fine with the tailwind except for putts, but headwinds were turning a lot of my drives over. I could use a really stable flat fairway driver. Ended up flicking a Wasp a lot. I practiced putting for half an hour, in the field an hour, and then played the course. I have a blizzard destroyer. Was having some fun with it in the tailwinds. Had the course to myself the entire time. It was a good day.

Druid Hill triples-format ice bowl today. Played meh. We started and finished with three birdies, but the less said about the 27 holes in the middle the better.

1)Par
2)Par
3)Bogey 4
4)Bogey 4
5)Par
6)Par
7)Par
8)Par
9)Par

Called it after nine and hiked out...without the two bottles of beer I stashed in a snowbank off of hole two's teepad. F

Had a terrible stretch on the front 7 at Yargo - was 4 over. Played better the rest of the round. 3 under the rest of the way to finish with a one over par.

In spite of some swirling winds, I played pretty well. Driving and approaching were both solid all day with just a few typically bad throws in 54 holes between Sherando Park and Jim Barnett around Winchester.

But my putting... Ughh!!! I was fired up about it after actually practicing my putting about 4 times last week, too. :(

Made a change to my forehand form and parked my Tesla on a hole I normally have around 30 feet left, and was within 15 ft of my other two forehand drives. Doing more of the wysocki shuffle vs the windup of mcbeth

Shot +2 with 4 penalty strokes. Not impressed with how I was playing. I threw almost no good shots but I made the few I did count.

From yesterday, played real well Bethesda Park in Durham. Drop 6 (could be my best round). Did have to cross a creek where I lost a shoe getting stuck in the mud (I play in Merrill clogs). When I went back to slide my foot into the shoe, both feet got submerged. That was about hole 7.... Thought it would be a miserable rest of the round, but the wool socks actually did pretty well. Picked up about 70 beer cans, found two discs (both DX:thmbdown:). All in all a good day.

I played my usual schizophrenic round, brilliant genius on one hole, drooling doofus on the next.

Had a nice 970+ rated practice round at the farm. -3 from the shorts. Had a couple more hit the cage. Feeling mor confidant in my putting since switching back to anny-push putting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts