• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang Dawg! Slow your roll! You sprinting between throws or just getting out of bed early?

I actually was running between the first two swings of 9 (two new courses bagged). Hit the ace on the fourth hole of the first course...it was suhweeeet. I was on the first tee at 7am, after a 45 min drive to get there.

Terrible. But on the plus side, I recovered two lost discs of mine, at the cost of mild hypothermia. Worth it.

Played lights out with the new mids, but left my workhorse Truth in the practice field next to the course. I got caught up explaining disc golf to a little old man who's curiously was only surpassed by his keen sense of style and forgot to do a disc count before leaving. I'm pretty sure he pooped his pants when I showed him an overhand throw with a Firebird. Luckily, it was still there after I finished my first round, the disc, not his poop. I swear I lose more discs that way then actually on the course.

Played five new courses this weekend and got in 100 holes. Didn't keep a running score, but I hit quite a few birdies and no triple bogies. I made a lot of 20-30 foot putts.

Saturday -

27 - Warrior's Path State Park, Kingsport TN
9 - Steele Creek DGC, Bristol TN
9 - VHCC Wolves DGC, Abingdon VA

Sunday - (Doubt anyone has ever done this combo!)

18 - Winged Deer, Johnson City TN
18 - Sawmills Veterans Park, Sawmills NC
19 - Barber Park, Greensboro, NC (played #4 twice to get to 100)

Shot a quick round with a friend, threw some of his Discraft Elite Z and Ti plastic, quickly realized I need to restock my Z and Ti plastic and stop throwing Trilogy stuff so much. Parked a few, hit some birdies, spent some time in the thorns...really inconsistent round but it was just really more about getting out and playing instead of sitting at the house another day.

Played 2 rounds concurrently today as i had the course alone. Total Jeckyl & Hyde moment. Disk 1 I always play as I'd play in a tourney. Disk 2 is make due with whatever is left in the bag.

Through the front nine - I was on fire with disk 1. 1 down (my best ever through that stretch) with 3 birds and 2 bogies. Disk 2 was around on my average - maybe just below - at +5.

Then the back 9 hit. Flip the switch. Par/Par 10 - then: Disk 1 goes on 4/5/5/4/5/wtf!!?!!?. Shot +10 on the back 9 with my "good" disk. Considering I par'd #10.....11 through 18 I was +10. OUCH. But....on the plus side - my 2nd disk was hitting par after par. The back 9 doesn't have many birdie holes and quite a few are more tweaners where a par is a win. Ended up +2 with disk #2 on the back 9 which is the best I've ever done there.

Man - if i could have switched it up - and had the front 9 from disk 1 + the back 9 from disk 2, I'd have ended +1 and beaten my personal best by several strokes. Oh well - there is always next time.

What a weird day. My first time playing in "crunchy" snow. Everything before today was fluffy disk eating snow...but we had a 40* day yesterday followed by a nice freeze overnight to leave 4" of snow with a nice crust on top. Disks that hit flat would get a nice skip / slide if they didn't hit a foot print. Disks that hit with any angle at all just dug in and went nowhere. It definately made me think about the angle the disc landed at. The absolute best though was my now furthest ever throw on the flat. I finally reached out and touched 400 today. Granted - about 100' of that was skip / slide....but hey - 400' is 400'...so i'll take it.

Went from shooting terribly on Sunday to shooting a bogey free -7 at my local course. It wasn't set that tough but I made use of the birdie holes and nearly converted another 5 that were ~40ft putts. Based on previous tournaments it would've been around a 1000 rated round. Time to do some practicing and field work in order to make this kind of score more consistent.

Incredible. Only my second round on 2 feet in 5 months. I shoveled all of the tees and picnic tables today before each hole. I tied my best round ever from the red tees with some huge shots, I couldn't miss a putt. The first 3 holes were ~20'ers that I hit dead center. Hole 4 was a 70' low ceiling putt, I got off an awesome nose up jumper that just floated under the ceiling and gently skipped off the right side of the cage for my only miss of the day. Holes 5, 6, and 7 I tried a runup for the first time in a round and put all 3 drives at about 20', which I nailed all 3 putts of course. Hole 8 was an awful drive, early release that hit 'that one tree' that you need to get around, kicked left and forward under a bush leaving me with a 40'er. I had to lean out left and put a little anny on it, on a rope, dead center. Then hole 9 I overshot the basket by about 25', banged it.

For a total of 8 birdies on one par. What broken foot!

I added Discraft back to my bag after liquidating it all for some Trilogy stuff. I thought I had everything covered, but damn I missed my Buzzz, Comet, Avenger and Nuke. Played a casual round, then had to speed it up so a buddy could leave for an appointment in time, but I was parking 240-275ft drives with my Buzzz, hitting the basket from the fairway with my Buzzz and Wasp, just felt like things were really coming together. Now I just gotta wait for my Wizards to get here and I think I'll have a complete bag.

I've been playing much more over the last 2 months. The consistency has been great. My "fall apart" rounds are still at or under my average score from last year.

I was all over the place today. The first holes went like this - Birdie, Double Bogey, Bogey, Birdie, Birdie, Birdie, Double Bogey, Bogey. It was either a perfect shot or straight into the woods...

I had the best rounds (3 of them) since I have been playing, and it was ALL my new MVP disc, was shooting par on just about every hole, except for the long holes, these should be par 4s but every thing in Kansas in a par 3, 2 birdes. I have hit a new level and after 3 months of practice and 100 dollars in disc, I have finally come to where I need to be..VERY HAPPY!

Played 18 at the course in Rocklin, California. Played with my normal credo, no more than 4 shots on any hole 549 feet or less. I was sticking to that credo, although my first 3 holes should have been pars, but no time to dwell on it. Then the hiccup occurred on the 4th hole with a 5 stroke disaster. Then my friend helped me regain my composure and battled on.I went on to shoot my best round at the course, +8. I had my first ever round in which I had birdies on consecutive holes. I went on and finished strong with 2 bogies and 4 pars after the birdies. Just more concentration and I have to stop rushing the shot. More focus. But I will tell you what, my Firebird has gotten me out of situations that might force me to take extra shots when I don't need to.

-2 at the farm, putted well enough. Hit top twice on 30+ footers. could have been a personal best. Drove like poo and up shots were 50-50

I don't always shoot a bogey-free round at Rotary Park but when I do, I make a post about it on DGCR.

I ended up with a -7 for my home course, so just about lights out disc golf for me as I only missed a couple putts. The nearby Indian Rock was another story! I shot +4 which is around my average. Overall I had a GREAT day of disc golf, especially considering it's January and still in the 50's during the day. Thank you, climate change! :thmbup:

I played a few holes over lunch, mostly re-working my grip to keep the nose down. Wind was blowing 15-25 mph, so I will withhold definitive conclusions until I can throw in calmer conditions. A few nice throws make me think I might be onto something.

The nicest throw was on #1C red - deuced this position for the first time ever.:D The hole is a tight 347' tunnel, slightly downhill, with an annoying tree guarding the tunnel opening and a strong L-R cross-wind. I annied a Proton Inertia left of the guard tree and it hit the gap, fought the crosswind, glided down the fairway, and then skipped to finish pin high about 60' to the right. Sank the 60-footer into the wind with a Harp.

Today was my 5th day in a row throwing since my return. I dub today "Jump Putt Day." There must have been something just a little off on my drives, after parking holes 1-3 I had a jumper on pretty much every hole after. I nailed jumpers on holes 4,9,10, and 11, I missed jumpers on holes 5,7, and 8 (hole 6 I had to throw an approach for a drop in). Better than 50% on jumpers on jump putt day :)

I did fairly well today. My putting still sucks, but I tried a new putter today that might solve at least some of my problems. I spent probably half an hour helping my two buddies look for their ribbon-less discs in the snow (I'm ribboned up). I've been playing the reds for the last two weeks and I'm starting to get my upshots dialed in. Just gotta work on consistency. Not a bad day for the middle of January in the U.P. though. Sunny and upper 20's with no wind. Beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.