• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a good amount of golf in with some friends that came down from Michigan.
Saturday took them to Lula Ga. for some disc golf and zip lining. round started out cold but ended up beating them both.
Sunday couldn't hit a putt all morning during doubles but started out really hot for a singles round afterwards beating both my Michigan friends by a mile. Can now say I am a multi-state winner unlike them lol.

Good weekend of disc golf with great friends.

I hit a new putting low today, missing every single putt. My release felt wrong, grip, everything was off. I couldn't buy a putt. And of course the more missed the worse it got as the round went on. Drives were decent and upshots were golden. I could have been 2-3 under par (mid 900's rated) if I would have made the stinking putts. I guess I know what I need to practice more.

Got 9 in after work at the Z. Shot even, but even if I shot +20 I would've been happy. This is the earliest I've been able to play and set up the course. There's still snow around but not enough to hinder play, just provides more skip ace chances :)

So far after playing three league rounds and two casual rounds this spring, I am feeling amazingly more confident in my putting, and I'm making almost all of my 30ft. or less putts. It's gonna be a great discing year!

Shot low 70's for second time in two trips to Lincoln Ridge. 74 yesterday in particular. I didn't birdie as much as I liked but I had 16 pars (playing all holes par 3's), 3 birdies (hole 19 for the first time finally), and 5 bogies. Hit a 50 ft putt with my Ion on 18. Only missed one putt I should have made. Definitely my go to putter now. My up shots were really working. Oh, and I nearly got to the circle on 6 with a GL Saint drive. It's a tough 350ft uphill anny over a valley guarded by a lot of trees. I was short of the opening at the top of the hill the basket is to the right of by about 15ft. The Saint is touchy I know and gets a lot of flack but it may replace my Sidewinders if I keep getting throws like that and better.

Didnt get a round it today but got out for some field work this evening and focus on the overstable discs as I dont get enough practice with them. Worked on some kinks in my form and was much more consistent with discs that my form was simply not up to snuf enough to handle - Thunderbirds specifically. Before tonight I was throwing Hatchets and Valkyries around 315' on average, maxing out at 335. Tonight I was throwing my Thunderbirds out to about 320', Saint Pros had a much straighter flight, getting them to show a touch of turn before a gentle fade, and was tossing my mids around 275. Tridents included. My highlight of the night was breaking my personal distance record with my new Seer, actually, and star Valkyrie. The Seer was a lazer on a low line out to 350 and the star Valkyrie had a beauty of a S line out to 355. The valkyrie needed the height to work but it felt damn good.

Eeeeeh...I had some issues with driving.

Putting was still good. Finished with a 53 at kp.

Also did some field work but couldn't really get into a position that felt "right" for my drives. Might be time to take a break for a couple days.

Also did some field work but couldn't really get into a position that felt "right" for my drives. Might be time to take a break for a couple days.

I really think this is what helped me. I was out every day the past almost 2 weeks either playing a round or doing field work and putting. I started getting pretty frustrated started trying to force my drives off the tee. I could feel myself taking a step backward in form and confidence. Didnt touch a disc for two or three days and hit the field today with clean slate and a clear mind. I think that helped a lot

Played the coldest round ever today. Shot one under, was really rushing through so I wouldnt get hypothermia. Was only 33 degrees but I underdressed and the wind was a biznitch.

Played really mediocre until hole 8 which I parked with a flick and got the bird. Then on 9 I threw my best drive ever. With the lack of leaves at the moment I took a higher risk and slung my Eagle waaaayyy out there, got her about 550 feet down the hill, and she soared to a halt left center of the fairway. Maaaaannn that just made the round, and I am now in love with Eagles. I proceeded to horribly misplace my upshot which led to a two putt, and a par which should've been a bird 3. Oh well, that motivated me to do some putting practice for a half hour.

Glad to be out though, we're supposed to get 2-5 inches of snow tonight so no discing for me tomorrow :(

Putting was good to great, sadly, this time tee- and upshots were the letdowns. First round +0, second round -5. While the score for round one is disappointing, being able to claw my way from back to back double-bogeys (on two short par-3s to boot :wall: ) and a bogey, being +5 after eight holes, back to even par by the end, that's the good part.

Second round, managed to avoid similar disasters on the two shorter holes, still bogey on #8, but a birdie on #9 and once again the back-9 went smoothly, couple of putts that could've gone in, one that probably wouldn't go in except that one time I made it (anny-floater jinking past trees to find the one gap to the basket and float over the rim dead-center). Still looking for my first Leg-ace, came really close on #17, got a skip, disc had just enough height and momentum to climb over the rim, with the boulder blocking most of the basket, couldn't see what happened next, we both heard chain-clinking, but walking uphill to the basket, disc was about four feet away.

Week's worth of mostly sunny weather had been melting the snows, gotta say I prefer "land of the ice and snow" to "muddy and dirty". Pretty soon all the good skips will be gone too, need to start airing the disc all the way to the basket.

The Good: hit one or two circle's edge putts (one for birdie, in the wind, on a 380' hole - I rarely get those!), threw a couple perfect drives (one Katana shot on the afforementioned birdie) and two good Buzzz tee shots.

The Bad: one particular 10-15 footer that I missed on a double bogey par 4, as well as my previous shots that hit trees before they saw much air

The Ugly: overthrew a forehand drive to miss water, but ended up deep in some nasty brush. Managed to trip, get my shoelaces tied up, and get plenty scratched while getting to my lie; but a forehand roller through a tiny gap got me out!

Overall, a nice round. Palmetto Bay, south of Miami, is a course that will grow on you after you get the navigation down. Some woodsy golf, some airshots, some water. Nice course with plenty of wildlife as well.

Played 45 holes today, two 18's and a 9. Shot a total of +30 on the day thanks to a lot of birdie opportunities turning into bogeys, double bogeys and even a couple of triples. Also 3 lost discs on the day.

Played 45 holes today, two 18's and a 9. Shot a total of +30 on the day thanks to a lot of birdie opportunities turning into bogeys, double bogeys and even a couple of triples. Also 3 lost discs on the day.

Sounds like a rough day. I can handle the doubles and triples, but losing 3 discs is something I would really hate! I hope none were particularly special or hard to replace.

Played a round with a local MPO guy, and finally got my forehand working, or at least on the way to being functional and something I can actually use like it's supposed to be use instead of just the usual get out of trouble shots. Pretty stoked about that.

Eeeeeh...I had some issues with driving.

Putting was still good. Finished with a 53 at kp.

Taking a break for a few days does more for me than any amount of field work on a broken body/mind.

3 rounds, not bad. Drives are getting much better. Finally starting to trust the right hand distance I need to put on a good hyzer. Putting wasn't great, but that'll pick back up as the weather gets better.

I shot one over and somehow came in 18th in our bag tag group. Normally I'm in the top 8. Everybody was on fire hitting birdies today. Except me.

Been working on my distance field work for most of the year.
Threw a lot of good straight drives, but my short game showed the neglect.
Still both rounds were ~950 rated, which is OK for me.

Placed first in the Am (AKA 'Sandbagger') Division of Dynamic's 2 Disc Challenge on Saturday! (+3)

Did absolutely terrible in the league Ace Pot (+6), then made up for it in dubs coming in second at -10. Not too bad of a weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts