• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played very well Wednesday, and also like hell. Was -6 through 10 holes on a brand new technical course, and then finished up the round with 2 bogeys and a double in the last 5 holes to lose by a shot. I get to attack the same course again tonight (barring rain) so hopefully I can finish this time.

I've learned that i get VERY nervous when i'm playing well, and stop playing the way that got me to that point. I stopped going for the shots, and started trying to "play it safe" to preserve my -6. that led to less confident shooting, which kicked me off fairways, which led to bogeys and a double. I gotta work on that. Maybe go shoot at some easy courses and shoot VERY low scores to get used to big under par rounds, so if i am at -6 at a tougher course i can keep it going.

Ahh, I can't really decide if I played well or not last night in our weekly singles. My putting was gold, super solid, but my drives off the tee with my drivers were off line and underpowered. When throwing my Rocs and Teebirds off the tee they were 5-6' low every time. I left at least 5-6 strokes out there thanks to my crummy tee shots.

I finished -4 with one bogie, which was good enough for a two way tie for 2nd in advanced. We decided to split the 30$ instead of playoff for a 20-10 split.

played kaposia today after picking up some wheels with my brother. first time playing there in season, with all the long baskets in, and as a pay course. got my moneys worth and threw even, which is probably 15 strokes better than my previous record (on the short baskets). i usually play so poorly that i stop keeping score half way through. didnt airball a single putt today, but had all sorts of goofy chainouts and bounces off the rim. 4 birdies, 4 bogeys.

29ZFHxe.jpg

stopped by hyland on the way home to eat and play a quick round. theyve begun cementing the tee pads for the 9 hole course, and the basket locations are marked, its like a disc golf putt putt course. played good bad good bad good bad on the front nine, then bogeyed the whole back nine except #18.
found a disc, the owner sharpied a different cellphone number directly over the first one, so you cant tell which number you want, i have no idea what the logic was there.

played kaposia today after picking up some wheels with my brother. first time playing there in season, with all the long baskets in, and as a pay course. got my moneys worth and threw even, which is probably 15 strokes better than my previous record (on the short baskets). i usually play so poorly that i stop keeping score half way through. didnt airball a single putt today, but had all sorts of goofy chainouts and bounces off the rim. 4 birdies, 4 bogeys.

29ZFHxe.jpg

stopped by hyland on the way home to eat and play a quick round. theyve begun cementing the tee pads for the 9 hole course, and the basket locations are marked, its like a disc golf putt putt course. played good bad good bad good bad on the front nine, then bogeyed the whole back nine except #18.
found a disc, the owner sharpied a different cellphone number directly over the first one, so you cant tell which number you want, i have no idea what the logic was there.

Cool looking pic of that hole. Reminds me of a scene from True Blood where they are in a Meadow in the dark, and then the Fairy world appears out of no where. Follow the light...

I parred the first 10 holes at Dela, birdied the next - got all excited, bogeyed the 12th, birdied the Kitchen. Was pretty excited I might get near my personal best of -1, but then my driving fell apart a bit starting with the hell of hole 13, aka I5, which is the score I got. Still fought it out with some good putting and approach game to get +2 for 24 holes - a very respectable score at Delaveaga, even if the Pins are mostly short now ;)

Played with my family in tow, so my wife, a 2 year old, and a 5 month old. Played 9 holes and shot one down, hit some long putts, so it's good to see that practice is paying off. But I had a blast with the whole crew, it was such a nice day.

I played like dog dung today. Hopefully next round will be better.

yesterday, 8 guys from SD met up at la mirada, i had a 100 degree temp so i took some tylanol and played 2 rounds, drive/up shots were decent but putting was HORRENDOUS! today played a monthly at a sun valley(little 9 hole course with 2 different tee pads on each hole) so we played 27 holes, i thought i signed up for rec thinking since i never played it before and i was sick at the time rec was good, but they only had advanced and intermediate. well i was on the lead card going into the last 9 holes at-1(this course is tough and on a ball golf course) last hole i am tied with a guy on my card for first, missed a 15' uphill birdie putt to seal the win....... off to a playoff hole. decent drive, have a 30' slight downhill birdie shot. miss short disc lands flat slides about 2' then flips up and rolls to the nearest hill, curves to the right and rolls another 30'down the hill. so i had a 50-60' putt for par and i missed so i took second and in the intermediate division so after 6/7 months of playing i need to play intermediate only. woo-hoo!:D

Hungover. Had a ferocious party in Crouch, ID after the North Fork Kayak Championship. Rolled into Boise 9:45 am, just in time to shoot -2 with my partner in doubles. Pathetic.

I shot +4 today at Redan park. It was rainy, and I was playing with my mom. I had some digestive issues on the course, and ended up having to emergency poop in the woods after the front 9. The plus side of this is that I found a lake that I didn't even know was at the park. The down side is that I lost my favorite bandana.

so you pooped in the park with your mom watching....

... can't follow that... had a story but f it... can't follow that.

I shot +4 today at Redan park. It was rainy, and I was playing with my mom. I had some digestive issues on the course, and ended up having to emergency poop in the woods after the front 9. The plus side of this is that I found a lake that I didn't even know was at the park. The down side is that I lost my favorite bandana.

^ Literally laughed out loud at this one.

:hfive: i cooked me up a turd burger in the woods yesterday too, fu*kin eh were practically bros!

as for the golf it wasnt quite as impressive as my high pace beer consumption, but still somewhat impressive i guess. plus i hit another basket to keep the metal streak alive another day, and about to do the same here in a few minutes:clap::clap:

Shot my best round during a tournament on Saturday. Went 7 down in the second, 4 strokes better than my first round. Finished (-10) for the day, 3 behind the winner.

Had my best round since I busted my throwing wrist! Threw a 62 (+2) at Bellamy park with a brace on my wrist. Oddly enough, while I lose about 50 - 75ft of distance, my accuracy improves on putts without the ability to bend my wrist more than a degree or two.

Threw a personal best +4 (58) at my home course, and the pins were in the long positions. I still could have done a little better, bit overall it was a solid round. That's the 4th time I've scored my personal best this year...so at least my game is improving overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts