• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My putting is off. Has been for the past couple weeks. +3 missing probably 5 putts from inside the circle, including one less than 10' away. ... Yeah. I did hit one birdie from just outside the circle though. So there's that.

Played the northern most dg course in michigan(keweenaw mountain lodge) yesterday! 130 inches of snow kinda hindered my game but not my fun. I was on a snowboard trip and mt bohemia was ice so i decided to grab some discs for the day.

The Patapsco Ice Bowl will have a two-disc limit, playing short to long (7,884' for 18 holes). I played a two-disc round to practice for the ice bowl. After trying a couple of combinations I settled on the Inertia and Harp. With no midrange in the bag, I found that the Inertia powers down nicely for BH and FH approaches.

Had one of my best drives ever on #15, a 415' downhill hole. Threw a tight S-curve with the Inertia, made the gap, and landed just past the B pin. From there things went awry - I missed the downhill death putt, the disc rolled away, and then I missed the comeback putt.

Oh well, I was still happy with the drive. In a tournament I would have laid up rather than running the putt.

Temperatures in the 40s, the upcoming ice bowl, and heavy snow in the forecast meant lots of folks on the course and some good conversations during the round.

Threw in a new-to-me course during their monthly league. The Kiyohara monthly was a fun temp layout of a perminant course with a handful of idiotic holes. I played well, but I missed a few local lines that would have saved me some strokes. I'm not actually sure what place I came in due to it being a handicap league and nobody spoken much English. What I do know is that I won a beer as a prize. Either way, I had fun seeing how well my newly adjusted bag could handle an unfamiliar layout and meeting new people. It was probably my favorite monthly of the 3 places I've sampled this year.

Thew pretty well, all things considered.. if I could putt 2" higher, it'd be helpful. Came to the realization that my favorite course here is gone.. so might as well enjoy the ones I have. Weather was gorgeous, low 60's and partly cloudy. Going to enjoy that for the next 3 days, then east-ways I go.

Played white river in auburn. Shot par on blue. 6 bogies, 6 birdies, 6 pars. I have been dying to score good on this course for months but the bogies are very easy to come by. Putting was on, it was all trouble off the tee. 4, 5, 9,12 13 and 18 were my bogie holes. Birdies on 1,7,8, 14, 15,16. Birdie to start bogey to end :/. Putting the roadrunner back in the bag, both my roller holes sucked with the gline fd. it was bouncing when it hit the ground :(

I tore up Steady Ed at the IDGC yesterday. -2 on the crazy hard "mad professor" layout, which according to Saturday's ice bowl results rates about 960-970. Got a legitimate eagle on the extremely challenging par 5 number nine, probably the best multi shot hole of golf ive ever played. Im normally praying for par on that hole

Played my best round yet at a new-to-me course yesterday. Played +8 and then +3 on the second round at Armfield Civic Center course in Pilot Mountain NC. Had the course to myself for both rounds. Made some decent drives and several long putts.

Then I went and played 9 at Shoals DGC and was +9. The rough on the left side of #2 and #3 was brutal. Several baskets were blind and with no signage, there was some guesswork involved. Started a second round and came up to a group after 2. Decided to leave and throw elsewhere.

Then I went to Horizons Park and somehow there was no one the #1 tee. There was a couple a few holes ahead so I teed off. Caught up to the couple, who had their dogs with them as I was putting on 8. It's right beside the parking lot so they were giving the dogs a water break. I thought I'd play through, but they stepped up to #9 tee and threw. Whatever. Chick throws about 100 feet. Decides to take a mulligan, but instead of throwing a new disc, she retrieves the one she threw. My truck was right there so I just left. I was -1 at the time (really a pitch and putt course) and playing great. Oh well.

So I went to Stokesdale to visit my dad and played their Town Park 9-holer. It's a wide open course and it was windy. Played like crap. But it was 64 holes of overall good throwing at four courses in four counties.

So I went back to Greensboro and pulled up to Guilford Meadows to find the lot full. So I went home. I've found that not only do I enjoy playing solo, I prefer to have the course to myself. "Hell is other people." - Sartre

while the guy i routinely play with continues to get an ace a month i have really been struggling lately. need to get back to basics. driving has been alright, approach and putting pretty awful
yesterday i started 44245 on my first five holes, all par threes and all but one reachable for me. not good

Got out for the first time in a couple weeks and it felt good. Putt practice and some upshots mostly. Made 5 in a row from about 30 feet. Getting better on my flicks. Used to be I couldn't flick an Aviar at all. Now I can throw an anny pretty well under 100 feet. Straight shots have some oat and hyzers are not that good yet, but I'm progressing some so I'll take it.

We held a Blowfly round the other day on a new 9 hole course that was just recently installed. We played the first 9 with just a blowlfy and a Buzzz GT, then with a full bag on the last 9. Darn near played the same on both halves, save for a few longer birdies with a Destroyer on the second. learned the Buzzz gt is a great FH mid.

Shady Oaks, Orangevale, California. I shot a +10 on my round but that's not the important part of the round. My mentor, the guy that I usually play with had a bad game, by his standards, and I was able to tie him on the round. A goal that I thought I wouldn't see for another 4-6 months, I had accomplished, a little luck never hurts, in a matter of a few hours. Now to get better so that I can focus on goal of beating him. That goal will take while, luck or no luck. Another goal that I missed was shooting no more than 4, on any hole 550 feet or shorter. I took a 5 on the 15th and almost had it. My SL was holding an anhyzer line and not a tree before it could hyzer back, DANG IT!!! My mentor calmed me down to focus on last 3 holes, 2 pars and 1 bogey. A good round by my standards to share with the guy who got me into the sport.

Played a few holes at Seneca after lunch. Snow on most of the tee pads so I threw from the side and kept a close eye on where discs landed. Only saw one set of footprints on the course, and the only other person at the park was a cross-country skier.

It was nice to toss a few discs, but I felt rusty and wasn't getting much on my drives. Discing in work clothes probably didn't help. Mostly threw the Clash and G*FD, trying to break them in.

Weatherman is calling for more snow on Sunday. I'm about ready for spring. :|

Played after work yesterday in moderately Heavy wind. -5 on a tricky layout. Played the exact same layout in the exact same conditions today for skins. +5. The -5 is right around my average. Today was goofy. I really need to dial in the mental game with a big tournament 2 weeks away.

Shot a -1 yesterday at McClatchy Park in Sacramento. Very happy as I can see improvement in my game each time I play. Brought a friend out who has played a few times and he had two 5's, one 3 and six 4's. He is definitely better since I seen him last.

Birdied a couple holes I never have at Woodland today. It was super muddy so the teepads were a challenge. Also forgot a towel so keeping the mud off was a chore. Saw someone hit an ace so that was cool. This was the second ace I've seen at this course in three months.

Played today and had a weird day at Camp Binachi. It's fairly new so not a ton of total rounds there but I broke my best score by 2 shots and then the next round had my worst round also by 2 shots lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts