• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sucked yesterday. Outside of one day, I haven't been very good recently. I'm not playing horribly, I'm just "off".

Played 2 rounds at the newly-installed Konarcik park in Waterloo, IL last night. Great course. Weather was clear and 80 degrees with a gentle breeze. Couldn't miss a single tree to save my life. Nothing in my bag would turn, had premature acceleration issues all night. Also, putting like a blind epileptic both rounds. And it didn't help that my buddy Scott was having a great night, dropping birdies like it was hunting season.
Scott: 51 and 50
Me: 56 and 55
In our group, we have this brag-tag that the high score wins, and after months of my buddy lugging it around, I "won" it back from him last night.
Still, it was a great course and I had a ton of fun.

Attachments

• 14376554775411016335094.jpg
    14376554775411016335094.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 19
Less than stellar in terms of score, +1. Only made 2/4 birdie attempts from inside the circle/circle's edge, which is something I need to change. I at least hit the basket though, my misses were a doink of the top, and a spit out. Was also happy to be throwing well enough off the tee to have these birdie tries. Had one blowup hole where I took an extremely unnecessary 5, and another crappy bogey that skipped off the rim. Had lots of fun though, which is all that matters in the end.

Just got back from Wickham Park in Manchester, CT. That course is gorgeous and very very well maintained. and LONG. One of my favorites though, this is only my second time playing it in the 4 years I've been playing and I only live 40 minutes away. Played all the longs, had two run-ins with OB due not choosing the right disc - once was my Amp getting turned way over in a sudden left to right wind and pushed it in the woods, the other was totally on me when I misjudged how much I need to put on my FH shot with my Thunderbird and it sailed over my landing spot and skipped OB. Other than that I was throwing some of my longest drives and my approach /midrange game was solid! Felt really good about it which save my from having make a run at any long putts. I think my farther putt was a birdie putt at the edge of the circle. Due to lack of headwind putting experience and skill, I sailed my putt too high and skipped off the top of the basket to take par. Par is 61, as long as I entered the all the correct pars in my app. Not sure if I chose the wrong layout or if uDisc doesnt have the info, but I had to manually enter the pars for each hole. My app said +2 but I'm pretty sure I actually ended up shooting +3 on the longs which I was very pleased with.

In all, today couldnt have been better. Day off of work. 86 degrees, very low humidity, no one else on the course that I saw. Threw a couple discs in my bag that I've been wanted to see how they'd do and they did fantastic. Im late to the game with the Thunderbird and I gotta say, its there to stay. Hole 12(?)'s fairway is a big hill with a great view. I packed a light lunch so I stopped there for a sandwich and a summer shandy before moving on. Hope everyone else enjoyed the weather today!

Played for the second time ever, Mooney Grove Park in Visalia and we agreed before that all holes were a par 3 and I achieved a par on one hole. (Small victories and all that!) I am progressing, loving the sport and getting better.

Played a quick round (10 hole course) at my usual lunch-break course today, didn't realize until the end that I shot -6 (24). Think that's the best I've done out there. It's an easy course but always windy, I don't usually string that many birdies together. Putting practice is working!

Had 3 birdies in a round for the first time ever today, thanks to really solid putting. I didn't play every hole, so it's not an "official" casual round, but I played well, and feel like I'm hitting some solid shots.

Also, I came about 4 inches from an ace. I think the hole is like 230-240 (I didn't check the tee sign), and my Relay went low and skipped up and nailed the center of the outside of the basket. Just a little higher and it was gonna be SWEET. But I'll take a birdie too, and that was my 3rd of the round.

I've been very bipolar lately in my game.

A few weeks ago I played probably my most complete round ever. Yesterday I missed a half dozen putts that should have gone in and carded my first 5 at my regular course for the first time in ages.

It bothers me more than I am so close to being able to put up a good score rather than just completely being terrible!

+3 at AJ Jolly. Birdies on 1 and 10. Lot of decent shots at more from the edge of the circle. Beautiful evening. Warm but not muggy. Three chill guys invited me to play so that was nice. They were good dudes. My putting was decent but I had a few bad drives. I need to start throwing FH on 3. Just can't make a BH shot work. Realized I'm not mirroring my back shoulder well enough on my reach back. Saw a lot more turn on my throws when I corrected it. One of those lightbulb moments..

Chugging along at the normal scoring pace, need to find that good (or better) round form from somewhere. Granted, the scores could be marked with *VW for very windy after today's blows, it was right in the Antigravity Putt range of winds (and we played the same course). Even from 20-feet, just had to layup at times into headwind. On the upside, did manage to birdie a hole I hadn't yet birdie'd despite numerous birdie putt chances.

-6 on a relatively easy 18 hole course. Really there are 10 or so easy deuces on the course so -6 isn't that great, but not bad either.

Hit metal from 480' on a big downhill shot (down a sled hill) with my Protege Ghost. That would have been a great ace!!

Not Bad

I checked out a new local course (Saegertown, PA) with my dad. Missed a bunch of birdie chances, but still had a great time. It seems like I can't get all the aspects of my game working at the same time. I had some good drives/approach shots, but my putting was definitely off today. Got to work on consistency!
Thanks for asking.

This week is special throughout Japan, it's a national holiday of sorts. Like any good festival, this one being a sea related celebration, it was a time of much merrymaking and firework lighting. After a brutal day of playing poorly in a 90 degree humid mess at Showa Kinen Park I was rewarded with an only slightly cooler evening that featured a dazzling fireworks show.

Had a really fun round today, played doubles at Stony Creek: 3 teams of 2, plus one guy (who usually shoots a little better than I do) playing Cali. Had my son for a partner. Going into the last hole, Cali was 1st at +8 and we were2nd at +9. #27 is totally close to 400' downhill that's totally reachable. Cali out-drove us but missed a long birdie putt, and carded 3. My son hit metal on his birdie attempt, and I had to sink a long birdie putt to force a playoff...buried it.

Back up the hill for a another go to determine a winner. Threw my D Crank, flat, low and hard - sexy looking turn and fade. Cali missed a long bid for 2 and my son hit the 8 footer for the birdie. Duecing a close to 400' hole twice in a row for the father/son win... felt like something out of an Old Milwaukee commercial. :cool:

Last edited:
Played in the Crazy Horse Open at Bohart Ranch on Sat. Made my goal for the tourney by shooting both rounds above my rating. First round felt good with no bogies on a course I usually struggle with a bit. Ended with a respectable(for me) -3. On the upper course, it got a bit windy and well, it's a par 63 championship style course but I still hung in there to shoot even. If I wasn't terrible at putting I would have been 2 or 3 better but you can always count the what-if's. All in all had a fun tourney and squeaked into a 4 way tie at 9th for last cash.

got an ACE yesterday on my birthday! #24 at Sky High DGC 301ft, left handed hyzer shot through the left window with a 172g neutron volt, second ace total, but my first left handed since having to switch to right after tearing my labrum in september 2014. shot a personal left handed best of +3 (over 27 holes), while my right handed best for sky high is E, making huge progress in my game, feels good.

Played Turner Park in Grand Prairie Texas yesterday....and I think I played decent for me. Shot a +10 through 15, then really did something bad to my back and had to bow out early, sucks because I really enjoyed the course. Got some good tips from a fellow DGCR member, and improved my forehand drive greatly!

Played SMSG on Saturday in scorching heat...shot one good round of 54 and one poor round of 63. Lots of ups and downs, wish I could have played better (just like any day) but still managed to finish 2nd in 30-39 y/o group. Had fun playing with some great people though which makes it a good day at the course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts