• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sound Off - The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly (over 1k posts!)

Good: 50 degrees...and breezy.....and partly sunny skies

Bad: Summer is gone

Ugly: i forgot how to putt......couldn't hit a putt to save my life....

Good: Nailed a 70ft putt while playing a quick nine holes yesterday.

Bad: I probably wont get to play any more this week:

Ugly: Lost my new champ wraith on hole 2. WTF innova clear with a dark green rim?

Good: Played my first tourney in Open...cashed in 2nd place! Had a beautiful ~480ft roller and a nice 5-6 hole birdie run during round 2. I even got my girlfriend out for her 2nd tourney...

Bad: Could have done much better...I was 7 strokes out of first after round 1, only 4 away by the end...almost had it!

Ugly: my outside-of-30' putting during the tourney...and the fact that starting next week it will be dark outside by the time I get off work :(

Good: Playing doubles with Ziggy Berikoven. Ooo, and golf carts!

Bad: Slipped getting out of the golf cart and hurt my back on the first hole, jacked for the rest of the day.

Ugly: THE WEATHER. Rainy and 50ish all morning, then the rain stopped, the wind picked up, and it dropped 10-15 degrees. 40-50F with 45+mph of wind, and all my back would let me throw was my 150 class discs!

Good- Shot a 52 on a par 56 course. First time under par here.

Bad- Lost a CE FX. I'm not that bummed about it though and I don't know why

Ugly- Hole 17 Fairway was waist high grass for all 430 ft of it, so I had to play an improvised 17. My 52 is slightly tainted

Good: Finished 2nd in am, again. Won both cards I played in, and kept my bag tag 21.

Bad: The Quadruple bogey I took during the 1st round because I got greedy. 1st shot ob, 2nd shot penalty, 3rd shot ob, 4th shot penalty, 5 shot safe, 6 shot layup, 7 tap-in. That hole kept me from finishing in 1st (I finished 3 behind the leader).

Ugly: 56 round 1 (in the light), 56 round 2 (in the dark). How do I shoot the same score both rounds ?!

Good- The 52 I shot is Rated 1004 in all the sanctioned rounds at that course. see my previous post

Good: Have been shooting consistent out at Cedar Hills. Last 6 scores: +3, E, E, +3, +2, +1. Based on last tournaments here they are all around 920+ and I'm rated 887.

Bad: Have not had any great rounds lately, just the decent ones shown above.

Ugly: Have only birdied a very easy hole 1 in 6 times. So far I have taken 3 circle threes. (Throw over water - Lands 15ft behind basket - Rolls into water - I make 10ft putt)

vonDrehle said:
Ugly: Have only birdied a very easy hole 1 in 6 times. So far I have taken 3 circle threes. (Throw over water - Lands 15ft behind basket - Rolls into water - I make 10ft putt)

doesnt sound that easy if theres water in front and behind the basket

Good: only one stroke badder then my record today at my homecourse, Rudan.
Bad: It hurts in my back
Ugly: Hit a tree with my hand today :wink:

Good- I just found my favorite Nike Spirit in the used bin at PIAS that I lost about 4 or 5 monthes ago. It had my name and phone # on it. It has someone elses name on it now. Damn you Chace... whoever you are :evil:

burker said:
Twmccoy, did you go diving in Expo Park Lake ? i had to go in a few weeks back to get a golden retriever string and disc that went in before it. That water is nasty but once i got out i started thinking about going back in for discs. I'm sure there are tons down there. congrats on the 45! Sorry it wasn't what you were looking for though. Lots of names and numbers or blank ones ? I'm sure you found a few of mine if you were in Expo but there are your now if you did..

...Damn hole #2.

Yep. My favorite watering hole.

Bad/Ugly: Some guys let a buddy and I play threw. So on the next hole they watched me tee off. I threw a really crappy shot. This one dude has the f***ing balls to tell me what I did wrong after I watched him throw like 100ft. Needless to say I was pretty pissed. "You want me to throw for you kid, I could do a hell of a lot better than that." What a f***.

The Good: Got to play a world class course(Little Lehigh Parkway 05 Worlds) w/ Markus Kallstrom, the PA State PDGA Coordinator and another friend.

More Good: Front 9...i was a putting machine!

Bad: Hit a rut on the back...and took multiple OBs...running 5's or worse on hoels 11-13

Ugly: Taking a 7 on hole 17.

What an awesome experience to play with someone of Markus' caliber. He's does indeed throw far....and his precision is incredible!

mikesolt said:
What an awesome experience to play with someone of Markus' caliber. He's does indeed throw far....and his precision is incredible!

Yeaah that's how all swedish guys do :wink:

mikesolt said:
The Good: Got to play a world class course(Little Lehigh Parkway 05 Worlds) w/ Markus Kallstrom, the PA State PDGA Coordinator and another friend.

More Good: Front 9...i was a putting machine!

Bad: Hit a rut on the back...and took multiple OBs...running 5's or worse on hoels 11-13

Ugly: Taking a 7 on hole 17.

I don't think I've ever been this jealous in my life.

Yeah, I met Markus when he came out for the Golden State Classic. Cool guy. He was staying with Bamba Rico out here. Bamba runs my home course at Sylmar so I do get to play with both he and Steve on a fairly regular basis. I still like the interview bit with Nate Doss from Worlds this year where he said 'Cale and I are trying to figure out a way through this forest and Markus just throws over it'

Today: The good: found another 43 discs, including two champion wraiths and two stars. Overall not too shabby.

The bad: It took me all day to find them. Oh well, I have a whole bunch of discs to play around with this week.

Good: Had great weather today and threw a great game, mostly with only my Wizard. Made me wonder why I carry a bag of discs.

Bad: Said Wizard found a fresh pile o' dog crap. Reminded me why I carry that bag of discs.

Ugly: Finding out about dog crap 2 seconds too late. :x

Latest posts