• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Speculation on the four 2014 released discs.

The world does seem like it would cross over with the Giant. The Sorcerer seems like it would cross over with the Sword and The Hatchet seems like it would cross over almost all the other 9 speeds Lat currently makes. Now the Harp sounds intriguing that they are making a zone-ish disc.

The world does seem like it would cross over with the Giant. The Sorcerer seems like it would cross over with the Sword and The Hatchet seems like it would cross over almost all the other 9 speeds Lat currently makes. Now the Harp sounds intriguing that they are making a zone-ish disc.

Well, one thing to remember is the three companies (lat, westside, DD) don't explicitly make discs based on what the others have. They all kind of do their own thing. They might focus on it a little bit, but each one is going to focus on having a comprehensive lineup.

That being said, I'm worried that the harp wont be as OS as advertised, but if it is, I will have 5 the first chance I get!

If that Harp does end up being a shallower, Sinus/Rhyno type disc, I'll be all over it. 5 for me as well.

I basically described a Zone, but I'm not a fan.

I don't think the Giant is fairly rated at +1, 4
Maybe 0, 3

My opinion is that the World and Stiletto will be similar

The Harp sounds decent but I'm not eagerly anticipating the other 2

Well, one thing to remember is the three companies (lat, westside, DD) don't explicitly make discs based on what the others have. They all kind of do their own thing. They might focus on it a little bit, but each one is going to focus on having a comprehensive lineup.

Ya I know but most are fans of the whole family of lat and the crossover is getting a little bit. I was also thinking maybe a repackaged Stiletto when I saw those numbers.

I was guessing the Harp would be competition for the Jokeri and looks like I was right. If Lat64 doesnt make a similar putter in premium it just might snag some Sinus throwers too.

Love my Jokeri but I'm willing to give it a shot.

Also interested in a slightly faster slightly more understable northman, but I for sure don't have the arm for either of the other two.

So now the best guesses are-

World- Stiletto
Sorcerer- Destroyer
Hatchet- Valkerie
Harp- Jokeri

Just Announced!

World 14/4/-1/4 - Excited about this one! :thmbup: Even though the numbers are virtually the same as the king, hopefully it will actually live up to them.

Sorcerer 13/6/0/2 - Don't really see the need for this, the high speed and overstable is already covered by, well, most every other driver but the king so far.

Hatchet 9/6/-2/2 - Faster Cheetah with more glide in some awesome premium plastic?!:D To bad it's not going to be good for tomahawks.

Harp 4/3/0/3 - Putter, really? At least it's overstable.

I have had the chance to field test the prototypes of the discs.
The prototypes are not yet in production, some changes may be made to the production ones.

Westside World 14, 4, 1, 4, feels very OS, I think it is the speed. Could be a veeeeeery long disc for fast arms. Like an OS King. King flips for me. This didn´t turn a bit.

Westside Sorcerer 13, 6, 0, 2. Acted quite the same as my REC Halo. Maybe more Glide. Turns over for me. Given some hyzer could be longer than the Halo.

Westside Harp 4, 3, 0, 3. This feel in the hand like the DD Suspect. Flat topped and very nice.

Have to do some more testing.

So the Harp is a Mid then? 21.7?

World similar to Stiletto?

Sorcerer compared to Destroyer?

Plus rims?

So the Harp is a Mid then? It is a Mid\Put-hybrid.
Maybe more Midrange.

World similar to Stiletto? Way longer than stiletto. Like a faster and longer Giant I would say.

Sorcerer compared to Destroyer? Depends on the destroyer. Faster than it and with more glide.

Cant say about the rims. I dont have the discs with me.

I have had the chance to field test the prototypes of the discs.
The prototypes are not yet in production, some changes may be made to the production ones.

Westside World 14, 4, 1, 4, feels very OS, I think it is the speed. Could be a veeeeeery long disc for fast arms. Like an OS King. King flips for me. This didn´t turn a bit.

Westside Sorcerer 13, 6, 0, 2. Acted quite the same as my REC Halo. Maybe more Glide. Turns over for me. Given some hyzer could be longer than the Halo.

Westside Harp 4, 3, 0, 3. This feel in the hand like the DD Suspect. Flat topped and very nice.

Have to do some more testing.

no testing the hatchet?

I saw a post on Facebook from someone that threw most of them that the Sorcerer is like a longer Sword. If so, I can't wait!

From the PDGA website:

The Sorcerer and World discs from Westside Discs were PDGA Approved as of 10-28-2013.

"Westside Sorcerer is a stable distance driver that has flight ratings 13, 6, 0, 2. The upper mold of the Westside Sorcerer is the same as Westside World's. The lower mold of the Sorcerer is new. What it comes to Sorcerer's flight characteristics, some of the testers who do not have such a big arms thought that Sorcerer should be marked speed 14. Sorcerer's official speed marking is 13 but its glide is definitely better than Kings' glide so it is 6. Due to improved mold design, the Sorcerer feels different than than the King so it is not just a King with small changes but an all new disc."

"Westside World is a speed 14 overstable distance driver for big arms. Compared to Westside Giant, the Westside World gives you more speed and distance thanks to small improvements especially in the upper molds design. The Westside World is an all new mold, which means also its lower mold has some small improvements compare to previous molds. Flight ratings are 14, 4, 1 ,4." - by Westside Discs

westside_sorcerer_0.jpg
westside_world_0.jpg

I am getting unreasonably excited about the two drivers. I love the idea of a longer giant and longer sword. Those are already two of my favorite discs and I would love nice complements to fit in the bag.

Wow! I was just settling into my pile of swords, but I will have to give these two new drivers a shot as well.....perhaps as compliments or replacements! If the descriptions are accurate these should be fun discs.