• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Speed golf

Throw... run.... OW, knees... jog.... throw.... jog.... wheeze.... dizzy.... putt.... miss.... stagger.... putt.... fall... vomit....

Now the second hole. :sick:

I'm curious. A couple months ago I was bagging a new course and by the 3rd hole I see this guy literally running up on me. He asked to play through, and kind of expected it. All good. He ended up playing through me again during my 18 hole round. I didn't really mind since he was playing speed golf I only had to wait a minute on the next hole then he was long gone again.

My question is for people who do these quick cardio speed golf rounds. How many groups of golfers on average do you have to ask to play through a round?

Bump :|

I had some speed golfers play through me a couple times over a two or three week period about 5 or 6 years ago. My experience with these people was that they didn't ask the play through, they just came flying through. I think one guy said something "coming through" They were gone before I had a chance to explain why that wasn't going to be a cool practice. I haven't seen any speed golfers since.

Last edited:
My buddy and I would get to DeLaveaga at dawn and jog the course in about 45 minutes because he had to get to work. Perfect way to start the day: Top of the World

We have a few groups at my home course that run around, one disc in hand. They're usually cool and courteous when passing through though. They'll wait for us to clear a hole, or ask to play through, but we typically just tell them they can play through since even in a group of 4, it takes them maybe a minute to get ahead of us and then they're gone. There's also a middle aged guy that carries a bag of maybe 6 discs that jogs from hole to hole. He's actually pretty damn good.

I play 2 speed rounds a week after work. But I don't do it for the exercise, I do because of time restraints. When you only have 20-30 mins max to play it's a great option. No bag just carry 4-5 discs. I also throw two drives, the first backhand, which I play. And the second forehand for practice, trying to land as close to my first drive as possible. Have to say though I've really never timed myself.

I play 2 speed rounds a week after work. But I don't do it for the exercise, I do because of time restraints. When you only have 20-30 mins max to play it's a great option. No bag just carry 4-5 discs. I also throw two drives, the first backhand, which I play. And the second forehand for practice, trying to land as close to my first drive as possible. Have to say though I've really never timed myself.

How do others feel about it when you blow through their round they're also trying to get in before dark, or are you lucky enough to have the course to yourself? I hope you're being courteous.

I kinda see this as the same as someone jumping in front of you in the check-out line at the grocery store. Two scenarios...

First scenario: Me " Hey, WTF?"
Douche "I only have 2 items so I'M GOING AHEAD OF YOU"

Second scenario: Speed golfer: "Hey, do you mind if I go ahead of you, I only have 2 items?"
Me: "Nope, go ahead, thanks for asking"

Seems like they could just go in a field and take 1 disc and throw it, run and go get it, throw it, run and go get it, repeat till exhausted. Wait.... that reminds of my dog playing with his toy. lol..

How many groups of people do you "play through" during a speed round?

Seems like they could just go in a field and take 1 disc and throw it, run and go get it, throw it, run and go get it, repeat till exhausted. Wait.... that reminds of my dog playing with his toy. lol..
Hahaha

I love speed golf when he course is empty but I have at times gotten so used to playing very fast that I had a hard time slowing down to tournament pace.

Latest posts