• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Split the ace pool with your dubs partner?

at our dubs it is always split, though I do tend to disagree with the logic. It is just implied. last night an ace was hit for $476. My partner was not getting an ace as he was rarely reaching the hole. had I hit an ace I would have had a hard time splitting it, but.... as it is implied I would've

I think if your partner lays up and you hit the ace you can take all the money if you use your partners disc. If you use your disc then there should be a 50/50 split. He contributed as much to the ace in a partners situation as you did( well mabey not exactly as much);)

We don't do that around these parts...I can have an ace run and still be putting usually. A layup is my partners ace run gone wrong. Not my fault.

still new, never played in a real competition but i'd like to sometime just for fun.

let's say... i join up for a doubles game, i get put with a random player, he lands a $1K ace... i would NOT ask for half. that would be ... insane. just crazy

once again, i know there are prob a lot of competition rules i don't know. having said that, i can't see any reason why someone would split an ace pool or the reasoning behind a rule like that. What is the basis for this rule? school me

I think the real answer here is that if your partner hits an ace, congratulate him and tell him it's his while you mark the 1 on your scorecard.

If he's kind, he'll offer half. If you're kind, you'll tell him to keep it.

I've never heard of splittin' the ace pool b4. And before I read these post, I probably wouldn't cash out my partner,but......

A good arguement for dishing out when your partner parks it to give you a solid chance at an ace was brought up. Usually if I don't hit metal on an ace run, it flies past the basket (I think aces are ussually poorly thrown attempts at a birdie). So, like in another post, if my partner layed in a solid birdy shot, I would discuss, if I hit this, how much of the pot I'm willing to split (80/20 seems fair) or discuss this scenario prior to teeing off one 1

I think the real answer here is that if your partner hits an ace, congratulate him and tell him it's his while you mark the 1 on your scorecard.

If he's kind, he'll offer half. If you're kind, you'll tell him to keep it.

Bravo.

Holy cow. You internet people are mean. I was trying to find the cash breaking point of split/self, but instead got a ton of selfish people.

always split. There is a 120 foot blind overhand shot on this hole on the league course(george wilson,mishawaka IN)hole #5. Im an A pool player and got matched with a guy that only plays this course and never any other.I threw my shot first and could tell that my throw was parked.He stepped up and launched it and we heard chains.ACE! money split,100 a piece.

its only fair to split because anyone can play our leagues any time. I have definetly put much more money into the pot then i won with the ace. It has to split cause u never know how much having a partner played into ur shot.

no matter the dollar amount,it should split

always split. There is a 120 foot blind overhand shot on this hole on the league course(george wilson,mishawaka IN)hole #5. Im an A pool player and got matched with a guy that only plays this course and never any other.I threw my shot first and could tell that my throw was parked.He stepped up and launched it and we heard chains.ACE! money split,100 a piece.

I remember that hole.

It really must be regional. That kind of stuff doesn't happen around here.

I remember that hole.

It really must be regional. That kind of stuff doesn't happen around here.

well there are prolly 9 true ace runs on this course and for some reason no one hit one and we cap our aces at 200,to keep the leachers(random locals from playing just for the ace and could care less about the score or how there playing )and to keep out out of town ppl that just want to show up to take the pot and then never see them again.

i believe dubs are mainly to help teach and to keep pros in competition mode. but everyone on here knows that u play differently with a partner then without. the ace goes to the total score for "YOUR TEAM"SO ACE FUND SPLIT

To the OP's question: 50/50.

Doubles is a team endeavor. First and foremost discuss before the round whether you'll be splitting the ace pot or not. Around here most players will agree to split because the smart ones realize that's the best strategy for the team doing well, i.e. winning.

As has already been posted here multiple times the most common scenario is when the first partner to throw has parked the hole for an easy putt there is virtually no benefit for the second partner to try and park it closer, they might as well run at the ace.

Latest posts