• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Spring break to Denver!

DrewbieDoobieDoo

Bronze level trusted reviewer
Hello all! I am taking trip to Denver the last week of March. Wondering if any locals have advice on which area courses to check out. I’ll be staying in the uptown area, right by St. Joseph Hospital and I’ll have limited (if any) access to a car. The closest course I see is Lakewood Dry Gulch, and I’m thinking about taking a morning / afternoon to walk there and play while my friend is at work. Any other close to the city I should consider? I’m gonna have a few days to occupy myself during the day, so any suggestions of anything to do are welcome.

If anybody is going from the city to a mountain course, I’d love to hitch a ride with. I’d of course contribute gas money to the cause, and pick up some nice refreshments of your choosing too.

Thanks for any info, and if playing a round or two with a Chicagoan sounds like fun, PM me and let’s link up!

There's a light rail line that runs from downtown Denver to Boulder following Hwy 36. You can use the Browse course map tab on here and see the courses in Broomfield that you could probably easily walk to from the light rail station/stations. Light rail also goes right past Lakewood Dry gulch, but don't get too excited about that course. I can't think of any other courses off the top of my head that are close to the rail. Iko Iko

Last edited:
Hey, Now! Great idea Jeffmonty, thank you. Definitely will check out the public transit options. As often as I use the CTA in Chicago, you'd think I would have thought of that! :doh:

I am pretty sure the light rail does not run to Boulder yet. If you have a license, you will want to have access to a car to enjoy Colorado disc golf.

Oh s***... khyland's right. I looked at Denver light rail website and didn't realize that one was a bus only route. Should be fairly easy by bus from downtown, too. Hope things work out.