• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Star Mako, Star Sanny, Star Dart, Pro Boss

why would you throw it anywhere but into a wide open space. all the pro plastic gets flippy when you smack trees with it.

Very impressed with Pro Bosses... they look sweeet. Same $$ness the Pro Destro brings.

Star Dart is NICE flexy plastic, and I loved this mold as a chunkin putter -- I carry an R-Pro with the big rig.

Can't wait to try the Star Roc, it looks like a winner!!
Star Sanny + 4X Glow Champ !!???!!????? Killer :D

Mako.. Shark with Coyote pants, looks like a stable Coyote flavor. Didn't try it yet.

A couple friends were throwing the pro boss last night in a round....holycraptheyarefast!

One of them took the flashing off and it was a huge huge distance line machine and the other left the flashing and was throwing golf shots 450' on really low lines...it pretty much got into my head that I couldn't get that far and messed up my game a bit, :(.

I really like the Mako so far. It has slight high speed turn, and fades exactly like an aviar pna. I personally think it can pull lines that roc's can't due to its speed. Very good disc, probably the first midrange from Innova that is really cool since the Roc and Shark IMO. I have one in the bag now, and pull it out for shots that used to require me to really "work" a roc.

I gave the Mako a toss, and its line seemed like a floatier Buzzz, only a touch slower.

It didn't handle wind terribly, but not better than a Buzzz. Into a slight headwind I hyzer-flipped it, it turned over and tracked quite a bit right, and then it faded nearly straight. I think a Coyote would've turned and burned on the same shot.

Seems like a neat disc to screw around with, but it has no place in my bag.

So far on one windy day i've used it:

My experiences with it with a tailwind are astounding, with its straight forward fade (or lack ther of!) it seems to go further downwind than my straight rocs that have LSS still. Very long, with a tailwind!

Upwind, I will not throw it because I have roc's that I can rely on to hyzer and not flip over. But one of the few times i've tested it in a headwind, it held its turn during the highspeed portion of its flight and went right (rhbh) considerably further than normal. This was throwing the disc flat though, I'm sure in a headwind if you wanted to still get a straight line you could adjust a hyzer angle and flip her up.

This disc is fast but handles and can shape lines so much better than the other "fast" midranges that innova produced last year ish.

I saw two mako's at my local PIAS and they were marked *CY like a coyote underneath. Has anyone else seen this?

Ted Damson said:
Mako = San Marino reissue Roc top and core, with a Coyote wing

dunno if that has been called yet.
I think you are right minus the coyote wing. The wing is different.

riverboy said:
Ted Damson said:

Seriously riverboy?!?! That was the one mold part I thought I was sure of!

If Innova had loose morals then they could sell more Coyotes if they marked them as Makos. Just write MK on the bottom instead of CY and BOOM! No more unsold Coyotes. Or rebadge the Coyote mold as an MK-X.

marmoset said:
riverboy said:
Ted Damson said:

Seriously riverboy?!?! That was the one mold part I thought I was sure of!

If Innova had loose morals then they could sell more Coyotes if they marked them as Makos. Just write MK on the bottom instead of CY and BOOM! No more unsold Coyotes. Or rebadge the Coyote mold as an MK-X.
yeah here is a comp.

IMG_7735.jpg

Edit: duh coyote on left mako on right.

Ted Damson said:
:lol: tell me that's not a DX Coyote :lol:
(they mold up weird)

It's a Coyote wing :p
hmm I do not have any champ coyotes to compare it to right now but I will find out. :lol:

Ted Damson said:
:lol: tell me that's not a DX Coyote :lol:
(they mold up weird)

It's a Coyote wing :p

I agree. That dx Coyote wing doesn't look anything like a Star/Champ Coyote wing. Its not even convex.

Latest posts