• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Straightest Fairway You've Ever Thrown

Discs that have fit this bill for me: Leo, JLS, FD, super beat PPD. I've been impressed with the Volt so far. Rivers are nice, but they always had somewhat unpredictable flight for me--enough to make me go with other more reliable discs--only threw goldline though, not sure if opto would be better.

beat DX cheetah for me. Doesn't turn, doesn't fade, just straight forever. I actually use it like most people use a buzz...150-200 feet, dead straight, go for the cheetah. I like that it grips like a driver but throws like a mid/fairway.

Z Stalker

disc is so underrated. it is better than xl

i actually put my wizards(6/10 and kinda flat) back in the bag for this. for shorter straight shots you just throw this and it finishes forward. but not as far as leopard or TL.

for me i would go buzzz or forehand a teebird.

200'-250' I use my Crystal Buzzz
250'-350' I use my Opto Fury
350'-450' I use my Opto Fury, then my Magic eraser
(because I can't throw that far)

How has this thread gone 8 pages without someone saying...

MVP Amp.

FWIW, the great majority of the discs mentioned in this thread don't do what the OP said; "dead nuts straight with NO FADE and little to no turn." Not even the Amp, or Leo. Both of them have fade, and if you've beaten ALL the fade out of them, they're gonna have more turn.

The only disc I've read about with the ability to have the fade beaten out, but still retain it's HSS is a well seasoned DX Teebird. I believe it was ThreePutt who mentioned this a while back.

Your "level of power" isn't the problem. A Leopard is capable of going very far (400'+) with out flipping and burning. You just have to have clean technique.

To an extent...you cannot release one 100% flat with 400' golf line power and expect it to be a complete frozen rope - there will be some movement [turn].

One other DX driver that is crazy straight is a Starfire. I've got one that is tabletop flat and dead straight out to 400'. A lot of flat top Orcs fly the same way when seasoned, but usually on a hyzer flip. The starfire can be released flat and stay straight through it's flight.

My vote has to go for S/D- FD, leopard coming second(dx n star). Beat dx TB is what I use now tho.

I'm amazed no one has mentioned either the Westside Warship or the L64 Core.. These are my go to for midrange distance and dead flat straight shots. Lots of discs can fly straight and land flat if hyzer flipped, but these two for me are perfect.