• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Straightest Fairway You've Ever Thrown

I know it's a Spd 10, but no Beast love! Beat champ beast, flip flat, fly straight! Like shooting fish in a barrel

OP asked specifically for fairways (speed 6-9 discs).

Warship is speed 6. The Warship is more realistically a tweener, although Leopard is a speed 6 and has gotten the most suggestions.

Warship is speed 6. The Warship is more realistically a tweener, although Leopard is a speed 6 and has gotten the most suggestions.

Speed is relative I guess. You say to-may-to, I say to-mah-to. :D

I hyzer flip a seasoned QJLS for laser straight lines without fade. Champ Leopards are well known to beat into straight fliers. Star TLs beat in quickly.

I've have and have thrown several Eagle-Ls and they turnover/flip up for me but generally have a small late fade. I must not have the power to throw them far enough to keep them straight all the way to the ground. I did notice several of the Eagle-L suggestions were 11x mold so that might indicate the seasoning time required to beat them to hyzer flip straight without fade discs.

OP asked specifically for fairways (speed 6-9 discs).

Ah, true enough. Those both are probably more speed 5. Too much on them will turn them over, unless you get a super clean release. I'd go with a River, TL, or a Striker, though some rivers are straighter than others.

Star Leopard, fresh. Pro Leo beat up a bit and hyzerflipped.

If we're including 9 speeds, then I'll have to add hyzerflipped Star Sidewinder and a flat, hard release on 1.1 SOLF, some late fade but the HSS is amazing. Pew pew laser beams.

I wish I could add DX Teebird to this list but the couple I've tried have been flippy OOTB.

every leopard i've had has been crazy good at that shot. usually when slightly worn in, but not too much. i do have a nice pop top echo star leo in the sweet spot that executes flawlessly.

I have a lightly beat 169 Star Leo that works pretty well for me, but to be honest, I'm really digging my Ibex for straight tunnel holes - more control than a driver.

If a fairway driver is truly straight it shouldn't fade much even if thrown 20-30' high (this criteria would eliminate many of the suggestions).

The straightest fwys I've thrown have been TBs, TLs, Leos, jls/QJ, ESP XLs...Most of the newer fwys are too fast to fly as straight as the slower ones. Speed is the enemy of straight.

DX Viking, was my favorite disk a couple of years ago but havent thrown one other then a really beat in one for a long time.