• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Strateegery: Approach

attik34

Birdie Member
Obviously we don't get this shot very often, but i'm curious:

150ft. Flat ground. Calm wind. Wide the hell open. Pin is on flat ground. Nothing scary around it.

How you going after this?

Hyzer? Straight? Anny?

Putter? Mid?

Also, what are you expectations in this situation? Success rate?

I get this shot mutliple times every round. I throw my Ion on a slight hyzer aimed to the right, having it fade back in to the basket. This is probably the most successful shot in my repertoire.

spike hyzer my ion and get within circle. pretty much the only disc I throw for this shot and park tons of ups doing so.

Throw a VP on a slight hyzer to the right of the pin and skid it right up under the basket.

I get this shot mutliple times every round. I throw my Ion on a slight hyzer aimed to the right, having it fade back in to the basket.
This with a Challenger. As to whether or not I'm going for it... flat, wide open ground, casual round - why not go for it?

In competition, it would depend on whether or not I felt I needed to make up ground.

Last edited:
Axiom envy. I air bounce anhyzer and land within 10 feet. For me personally taking the sure thing up and down has lowered my scores dramatically. If I could putt 30 footers in all day I'd make the run at the bascet. But 15-18 feet is my personal gimmee range.

R-Pro Aviar, on a flattish LHBH hyzer, nice fade to the basket. Up to 200' with the putter.

I throw a Polecat straight at it, maybe a little hyzer to keep it straight if I have to put a little something on it. It's slow, it's predictable, it's like playing catch with the basket. Rarely get a long come-backer and it rarely rolls.

When you use a lid type disc for this, you don't have to sacrifice going for it in order to play it safe; it's low risk/high reward. Even wind doesn't bother it too much if you know how to play it.

I and most others are going to say a neutral putter on a sllight/straight hyzer line. I personally would throw my champion aviar on that line.

no wind ??? i'll take my 165g mvp servo straight to the pole.
miss = a 15 foot comeback... but not usually a problem.

I throw a Polecat straight at it, maybe a little hyzer to keep it straight if I have to put a little something on it. It's slow, it's predictable, it's like playing catch with the basket. Rarely get a long come-backer and it rarely rolls.

When you use a lid type disc for this, you don't have to sacrifice going for it in order to play it safe; it's low risk/high reward. Even wind doesn't bother it too much if you know how to play it.

Exactly

Tangent on a slight hyzer to arc in right in there - money every time. My driving and my putting have ups and downs but this is one shot I can nail just about every time. Really pisses my friends off because I don't even have to putt - just walk up an tap it in :)

This with a Rattler.

If I'm not feeling the Rattler that day, a slight hyzer with a pure and it's parked.

Slight hyzer RHBH standstill with an RFF Wizard, let it float into the basket.

Introduce some wind, and many times I'll RHFH a beat Star Firebird and play the skip up the the pin.

S-Line P2 thrown flat just to the right of the basket. It naturally starts to fade left at about 120 ft. I've hit the basket/pole with that shot more times than anything else. Even if it goes past a little bit I'm still looking at less than a 20ft putt. The new G-Line P2 might replace the S in the future though.

Latest posts