• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Strateegery: Approach

I just pull my trusty Wizard out and throw in on a slight hyzer, hopefully hearing the familiar sound of rattling chains and the Wiz in the bottom of the basket.

I use my ching Aviar and what I call my Frisbee grip. (Pointer finger along the rim of the disc). Make sure I have a good grip and as was said earlier, I play toss with the basket.

I think the best way to practice this shot is getting your Aviar (or Aviar like disc) and play toss with a buddy for a while. Do that often and your game will improve.

Starting to throw the Lucid Judge on a hyzer for this shot. Depending on the wind and the angle of the shot, I may still pull out a Suspect for the shot, just because I'm more used to that flight pattern. But I presume over time that the Lucid Judge will be my go to for that shot. I also bag a Trident that I will use on longer hyzer shots.

Lat 64 Sinus thrown flat and a couple degrees right of the basket. Always fades in and just sits. Super reliable disc that seems to be fairly overlooked.

beat to hell dx aviar on a hyzer. running it of course. no real hazards that would make the 20ft come back putt too hard

150ft. Flat ground. Calm wind. Wide the hell open. Pin is on flat ground. Nothing scary around it.

Supersoft Wizard Putter 175g. I'm aiming just a bit above the basket and ever so slightly to the right. I'm also throwing it fairly hard, level, etc. I want the disc to go straight, level, and fall/fade back to the left just before it approaches the basket. I don't mind if it goes 10-20ft past the basket as my confidence from that distance under calm conditions is very high.

Expectations: Birdie 99%, Ace 1%.

Latest posts