• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stretching my legs and playing again!

SmoothSailor

* Ace Member *
I haven't played a new course since this Spring when I went to play in East Liverpool. Who wants to go on a Disc Golf Road Trip? I'm hoping for sometime this coming weekend. I want to play a minimum of 3 courses I haven't played yet, if not more. I have room in my car for 4 of us comfortably, but if we have to bring a 5th, we can. Anyone interested, I'm gonna be asking for 10.00 for gas as we will be doing about 250 miles of driving throughout the day. Waking up at 6:00am and on the course before the sun cracks the horizon until it gets dark and we need to throw our glow discs.

There is room for people to stay at my place the night before so we don't have to do any running around to pick people up and avoid anyone flaking out. If anyone is interested, let me know.

Figured it out. gonna take Rt. 11 south (I live less than 1 mile from the on ramp) from me and play: Tomlinson Run State Park in Manchester, WV
Beatty Park DGC in Steubenville, OH
The Black Course and The Yellow Course in Moundsville, WV.

Then just take Rt. 11 all the way back to my house. According to my GPS, if we all leave from my house and only go to courses and account for an additional 10 miles for some actual food (not McD's, etc.) we should be going about 250miles and driving for about 4.5 hours (2 of which will take place from the last course to home); so we'll end up having 13 hours of light playing from 7:00am-8:00pm (assuming we're on the road no later than 6:00am).

I was able to play Beatty Park earlier this summer, it's primal and wonderful.
Keep your drivers in the car, and get ready for a hike.

Sounds like a great road trip, please post back on how it went.

There is a slim chance that I could be in 'the valley' this weekend. If so, I could meet you at Moundsville for rounds on yellow and black. If you have not been there you are in for a treat. Yellow is pretty much a pitch and putt, but has awesome elevation and scenery with some really fun short holes. Black course will pretty much wear you down physically and mentally so be prepared. Also.... some of the holes may still be closed due to the zip line installation/finalizing. PM me closer to the weekend and I'll know for sure if we will be in that area.

Latest posts