• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sugaree

Mando

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
After being closed for two years, Sugaree will be open JUNE 3-10. So, if you are in the area and want to give it a go, send me a pm.

Beer is still almost mandatory...those hanging home-made baskets will drive you to drinking.

Anyone that's even close to the area should get out for a round or twelve while it's open. Sugaree was a highlight to my trip a couple years ago.

Ooh. Going to have to see what I can do to get up that direction!
Hope to see you soon,
DSCJNKY

Big Al and I are incredibly pumped to be visiting on Thursday! A thousand thanks for having us in, Mando. We've already discussed our beer offering.

Qikly and Big Al are gonna have a good time. A visit to Peabody's on the way always makes things more fun up there. Enjoy.

I had a good day cleaning up all the dead Hemlock debri on 3 and 4 today. It was cool to hear from the course's biggest supporters when I took a break...thanks for the encouraging words . I'm getting excited about seeing the course in pristine condition during early summer full leaf-out. It's a whole different animal than any other time of the year, and my favorite by far including the fall.
I should probably mention that we are getting lots afternoon rain, so please factor that in your plans. We don't have poison ivy,mosquitoes,ticks or poisonous snakes but we do have lots of slick rocks.

This thread has got me thinking maybe I need to take a trip to Sugaree again!!! Super Jealous of all those who already got trips in the making.

OMG....I have a week's vacay this week, too!

Shuie....you wanna join forces? Fo' realz??:popcorn:

Qikly and Big Al are gonna have a good time. A visit to Peabody's on the way always makes things more fun up there. Enjoy.

It feels as though we have unexpectedly stumbled upon the gates of Shangri-La. Seriously pumped. Just hope the weather cooperates, but as we have a few days' stretch planned, we could probably rejig our travel plans if need be to make sure we get a proper round in at Sugaree.

What is this Peabody's you speak of?

Just hope the weather cooperates, but as we have a few days' stretch planned, we could probably rejig our travel plans if need be to make sure we get a proper round in at Sugaree.
Weather is not cooperating...torrential rain and thunder now. More afternoon T-storms forecasted tues-thurs. Friday looks better. I would suggest pairing Warriors path or Winged Deer with Harmon Hills on thursday and hitting Sugaree Friday morning, then catching Ashe County Park or one of the Wilkesboro courses on the way to Charlotte.
Even on a good day, playing all the holes at Harmon hills and Sugaree is a tall order.

Last edited: