• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Take this poll for a chance to WIN sweet discs

Please check ALL that apply to you!

• I’ve bought more than 5 discs in the past year.

Votes: 450 93.4%
  • I’ve introduced at least 2 or more people to disc golf in the past year.

Votes: 359 74.5%
  • I play disc golf at least once a week.

Votes: 428 88.8%
  • I wouldn’t mind pay-to-play if the course is at least 3+ stars.

Votes: 389 80.7%
  • The courses I play sell discs on-site.

Votes: 86 17.8%
  • There are no stores near my local course that sell discs.

Votes: 113 23.4%
  • I’d rather see a selection of traditional discs at a local store than warp speed drivers.

Votes: 335 69.5%
  • I’d be willing to try out a MVP/DGA/Gateway/Lat 64/Prodigy disc if our local stores carried them.

Votes: 358 74.3%
  • I’d likely buy a premium plastic disc at a retail store if it was priced around $15.

Votes: 413 85.7%
  • I’d pay on average $20 for a sweet looking CFR/LE disc if I’d seen them for sale at a nearby store.

Votes: 239 49.6%
  • I usually buy drinks and/or snacks near the course before I play a round.

Votes: 273 56.6%
  • Sometimes I’ll buy alcoholic beverages at a nearby store to bring with me to the course.

Votes: 149 30.9%
  • I use tobacco products while I’m playing disc golf.

Votes: 113 23.4%
  • I’d likely buy a disc from a party store or a gas station near a course if they had them for sale.

Votes: 183 38.0%
  • I’d like to see retail stores (that sell discs) display a map of all the nearby public courses.

Votes: 386 80.1%
  • I’d gladly grab a complimentary scorecard and pencil if a store offered them.

Votes: 355 73.7%
  • Most of the sporting goods stores near me have a limited selection of discs.

Votes: 378 78.4%
  • I’d stop by a convenience store that sells discs if they were less than 5 miles from a course.

Votes: 239 49.6%
  • I’d be more inclined to do business with a company if they sponsored a nearby course or tournament.

Votes: 347 72.0%
  • I’d rather buy discs online than at a store on my way to the course.

Votes: 95 19.7%
  • I’d more likely travel further to play an 18-hole course, than a closer 9-hole course.

Votes: 375 77.8%
  • I play disc golf year-round regardless of weather. (Unless extreme, than maybe not that day)

Votes: 420 87.1%
  • I prefer an organized and professional display of discs over random stacks of discs on shelves.

Votes: 397 82.4%
  • I’d rather be able to see and hold a disc in person before I would buy them.

Votes: 402 83.4%
  • I’d be more likely to buy disc golf equipment at a nearby store if they offered it.

Votes: 363 75.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

donnyv

Eagle Member
It's been a LONG time since the last poll I did, but here we go again...

I need some input from the dgcr crew and I'm giving away even more discs this time around, such as;

11x Eagle-X (Red) 174g 10/10 Gold Foil stamp
LE Midnight Cryztal Z Buzzz GT 178g 10/10
LE Ti Wasp (Colorshift) Pre-release run, 177g 10/10 SIGNED by EMAC
LE Clear Z Zone 174g 10/10
F2 Vintage 11x Champ Firebird (Blue with a slight teal outer rim) 172g 10/10

Just to name a few of them. I plan on giving away 1 disc per 100 qualified responding posts from this DGCR thread.

It's as easy as this...

1. Take this poll. (honestly guys, no foolin around)

2. After you have taken the poll, post in this thread with your dgcr name (so I can PM you) confirming that you took the poll. Please, only post once, post twice or more in the thread and you're disqualified!

3. In your ONE POST, please name any current CFR/LE produced (but available to the public) or special disc that you would most likely buy at a store near the course!

4. EXTRA CHANCE TO WIN: If you live in one of the following states (FL, GA, NY, SC, NC, WV, NJ, Mass, CT, RI, NH, PA, VA, Maryland, DE, or MI) please post your busiest local 18-27 hole course(s) and where it's located. I will pick one extra winner from the qualified responses.

5. OPTIONAL In your ONE POST you're allowed to leave a comment at the end. Just remember, YOU CAN ONLY POST IN THE THREAD ONCE!

Sound simple enough? Your post will look similar to this:
__________________________________________________ ___
donnyv
CFR GLO Firebird
LE Cryztal Buzzz
MVP Eclipse (Glow) Ion

Michigan ~ Stony Creek Metropark, Shelby Twp

(optional comment)
I would love to see the sport of disc golf grow even bigger. More courses, more people, more options, etc. I'm doing this poll to see if we should offer disc golf discs at stores that could be near you. I can't exactly tell you guys all the details but just would like to know what us disc golfers want/need. __________________________________________________ ____

and now the small print...
Deadline to enter for the FREE Discs is 9pm on Friday, August 23, 2013.
Any posts after the deadline will not be eligible to win.
U.S. lower 48 states ONLY. Sorry Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada.
If this thread is jacked, abused, or people don't follow the rules, I will have it closed down so don't F it up for everyone.
Winners will be PM'ed and announced on dgcr on this thread by me.
I'll respect your privacy so no need to post your personal info (name, address, etc) on the thread. Just respond to my PM if you win.
Just remember, I can't edit this thread so let's not mess it up! If you can't see the poll, just give me a couple minutes to get the poll questions typed into the system

Thanks again and good luck,
donnyv

bradharris

Cryztal Flx Zone
Champion MF Whippet

New Hampshire - Muldoon Park, Pelham

ian.

Champion MF Viper
Ti Zone

South Carolina - Grand Central Station, Central .... lil longer drive for me but im sure Timmons in Greenville more be more popular but "local" for me would be Grand Central

Bamm

LE ESP Comet/10th Anny Midnight Buzzz

Elk Creek

Thanks..... Hope this info helps further the sport in someway and thanks for your time and efforts..................................jbz

fritothedog

10th anniversary midnight buzzz
Glow Firebird

Unfortunately you didn't ask for WI (or OK as I just moved and could maybe help there as well)

Even though you didn't ask, there is not a good disc golf store in Stillwater, OK. They just added two courses (total of 4 in Stillwater now) and the only places to buy discs are Wal-Mart, Hastings and one local place and their selection is alright but it is not a disc golf only store. Seems to me that a disc golf specialized store could do well in a college town.

Stardoggy

CFR Glo Teebird/Leopard
Cryztal Buzzz

good poll...I would definitely say I have a hard time buying discs online (except maybe misprint packs), as I like to have a good look at what I'm buying...not all discs from a certain run are created equal...