• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Talking while on the tee pad....

Talking while throwing

• It bothers me when peolple talk when I thow

Votes: 74 44.6%
  • I don't care if people talk while I throw

Votes: 82 49.4%
  • I talk when people throw

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I don't play with people who talk when I throw

Votes: 7 4.2%

• Total voters
You think that's bad, how would u feel if every time u were putting, somebody grabs their disc and also acts like they are putting to mess up your motion....... lol that's what my brother does to
annoy me.

I voted "no talking", but to clarify, it only bothers me when $$ is involved. During casual rounds with friends, it's tolerated...

What bothers me is when people say something right before you throw like, "Oh watch out for the tree we all just hit" or "definitely don't go to the right."

If you can't get them to have good etiquette than you do the same, if they are in your way because they walked in front of throw, it may be the only way to teach them.I personally found it liberating to throw at these people.

If you can't get them to have good etiquette than you do the same, if they are in your way because they walked in front of throw, it may be the only way to teach them.I personally found it liberating to throw at these people.

Exactally. I try not move talk anything when someones throwing. Treat othershow you want to be treated. Yell at em when they throw if they don't stop see how they like it then.

Ive caught myself talking while someone else was throwing. I try not to but it happens in causal rounds sometimes. I dont really mind if someone is talking as long as its not to me.

Now, what I don't like is people standing too close. The two guys I've gone with stand out of the way. One's another noob. One's been at it for years. I'm not as concerned about smacking them either, they're dudes.

My wife, she sometimes stands a little too close for my comfort and it would not go so well if I whacked her one. She doesn't realize it and I still get stupid sometimes. Like, there should be orange cones and a stick man getting mangled sign around me reckless.

I usualy take my airhorn with me and beep them when they are just about to release their throw.

Seriously though, I tell them to shut up. I wait till they did. If they start talking again, I stop my preparation, look at them angry till they shut up, then prepare for throwing again.

I will not throw when somebody is talking or when somebody is in front of me. I demand a empty and a quiet tee pad. Otherwise they can look for someone else to play with and learn from.

If you have a problem with people talking while you are on the teepad, you need to work on your headgame. I've played rec rounds with people throwing **** at me on the teepad, or try playing knowing that sometime during the round you are going to get sack tapped. Learn to tune it out or it's just going to hurt your game.

It is what I call "lights out". When I am on the box all I want is to be focused and throw my line, not concerned about what Joe Blow did last weekend while he tells everyone in the group.

It is not just me I play with several guys that are that way. I guess we play our casual rounds as if we were in a real tourney. It is not always this way just depends on the vibe and the mood I am in and who I am playing with.

Last edited:
It is what I call "lights out". When I am on the box all I want is to be focused and throw my line, not concerned about what Joe Blow did last weekend while he tells everyone in the group.

It is not just me I play with several guys that are that way. I guess we play our casual rounds as if we were in a real tourney. It is not always this way just depends on the vibe and the mood I am in and who I am playing with.

My guess would be that you are hearing cat calls more than talking.;) When my buddy and I are playing a casual round, we are quiet when we are teeing off the pad. However, on mid range and/or putts, we cough, shout, or make some other kind of noise. Once he flipped me on the arse with a towel. Anyway, I think if you play like that when someone is trying to distract you, it will make you better when things are quiet and you can concentrate easier.

Latest posts