• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Talking/Yelling at your discs

Did they really say "frak" on that show this much? I understand that those are just clips, but seriously??? I remember the original TV series and never watched the new one. It seems that "frak" was reserved more for the bad boys originally and wasn't the other expletive "feldercab" or something like that?

Yes, they did really say it that much. Considering the characters are mostly military people, it wouldn't be surprising that they curse alot.

Yes, the original series used feldercarb more.

If you're a scifi fan, I'd highly recommend, watching the reimagined series.

One of the youtube videos, I heard them calling skinny shots "greazy". Found that ammusing.

Some favorites:

Flip!
Get.... In... The.... Bucket! followed by a moan of disappointment.
That dog'll hunt!
Skittle...
That'll Do!

"Get to bendin" I stole that from Baldecki in N.C. It sounds best when said with a strong southern accent. Go ahead, say it outloud.

When a disc starts to turn over, and I want it to come back, I yell, "Get New, Get new!"

When someone makes an awesome shot off the tee, and it hits something and just dies out, I always say, "Well, that was all sizzle and no steak".

When a tree branch or bush seems to just stop a disc dead in its tracks, we tend to holler, "Not in my house!".

This made me laugh!

Bad shot= Head down hands on knees
Good shot= Walking off slight nod

Headed towards tree= Talking in some ancient Asian tongue

Not fading as required= Hook up, Or get new

Not turning= ARCH YOUR BACK!!!!:clap::clap:

I yell everything imaginable at other peoples' and my own discs, but my favorite is, "GET DOWN!! GET TO THE CHOPPER!!"
3667607_std.jpg

I, also, find myself yelling "Martha Stewart!" at my discs to try not to curse.
martha-stewart-thumb-250xauto-52820.jpg

When things aren't going well, I usually pull out the old Gene Wilder, "Mama..." from 'Young Frankenstein'.
04cb37469e64edc07dc1dc7eb54bbee2o.jpg

"Where are you going?"
"Oh, dear god."
"Oh, that's bad." (I think I like this one the best because it just sounds so sad. Ha.)
"Be small." (For getting through gaps.)

Actually, I usually just say my own name in a real disappointed tone because I know it's my fault. But there's the typical....get there, get down, lay down, sit, turn, stop, skip, hit that, come back...

All of this and occasionally I will throw in REALLY, no I mean REALLY. Or What the hell did you do that for. Or I really thought you would get through there. Or 3 inches more thats all i needed.

I don't even understand some of the words I say when my discs in the air. Good or bad shots. I try the one time phrase when I have an ace run never works..

But BP...."One time!" will work...eventually.

Positive thoughts, brother. :thmbup:

Latest posts