• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tallahassee, Florida new addict

JamesCoste

I played 2 or 3 times several years back and didn't like the sport. I played again in June of 2017 and decided to stick with it and see if I could improve. On my local course, I started off playing 18 holes and scoring 22 over. I recently shot 1 under on a day when I seemed to make every putt and hit every fairway. I am 99% a RHBH thrower and only throw RHFH when in trouble. I am primarily focused on doing one thing: throwing a stable disc straight with my Stalker. Trying to throw hyzer or anhyzer shots from the tee pad gets interesting. For approach shots, I have a little more success.

As I have time to improve, I need to get the muscle memory down with forehand flicks and start learning thumbers, tomahawks, rollers and more.

I've met some great people and smelled some unusual burning smells in the woods these past several months.

If you can do well on the Tallahassee courses, you can do well anywhere. Welcome to the site. Those mysterious odors are "swamp funk" and can often be seen with tiny amounts of fog/smoke. Often disc golfers will stand around them and perform a secret ritual. Don't be alarmed, it's harmless and beneficial.

Latest posts