• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

TDGV

Hey Mike, looking to replace my 170 Star Tern with a D5 (at some point).

The Tern is my distance driver hyzer-flip machine (like flip up to flat with a little turn from a 45 degree hyzer) with about 380-400' of power behind it. Is that something that a D5 could do at that power level?

... and any idea in the consistencies compared to the D4's (some were flippy, some were stable)

Thanks! :)

Heartman, I've only thrown one so no idea on consistency. It should do what you describe at your power level. Only thrown a heavy Tern a few times but I think the D5 fades a bit more.

Heartman, I've only thrown one so no idea on consistency. It should do what you describe at your power level. Only thrown a heavy Tern a few times but I think the D5 fades a bit more.

cool, thanks :thmbup:

Sweet vid Mike. The no look putt at the end was a great way to finish it. :clap:

I feel like shooting another Ion only putter round video.

Should I shoot the Arb B pins like I did in the Arboretum Ions video two and a half years ago, and try to one-up my score?

Should I play Deis Hill blue tees with just Ions? :D

Or pick a wooded course to tear up?

Do you wish you had played this weekend Mike?

(Goes without saying) Nice throw. :D

I have 3 Ions and a Vector coming in the mail because of you Mike. MVP needs to give a stipend man! :D:hfive:

I am wanting to try out mvp's because of you... but I'm not sure if I should go proton or neutron. What do you suggest?

I slightly prefer the feel of proton but I carry a mix, because soft proton putters are easier to come by than soft neutron.