• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Texas Disc Golfers

I would kill for only 6 inches of snow on the ground and for it to be 19 degrees out right about now. 30 degrees and I might throw on some shorts.

RustyP said:
Found out that nate doss and the jenkinss signed up for the titledisc open in april in rockwall, tx! Gotta try to pull some strings and see if I can get on one of the high roller cards ;) world class players shredding up a great course in my backyard...so excited!!
Nice.... Played the course once and loved it. Enjoyed the front nine more so than the back nine but that's prolly due to my noodle arm. To see those guys killing it will be AWESOME!!!

5415780911_c7cbaee58d_b.jpg

This is very rare in Austin and probably the most snow my basket will ever see.

Oh man! Mesquite TX forecast is 57 degrees and sunny on Saturday, with 6 mph wind. 64 and sunny on Sunday, with 15 mph wind.

I think me and the spouse might be going to the mini at Paschall for the first time on Saturday.

About a dozen of us had a lot of fun at the Plastic on Chains mini today at Paschall in Mesquite. It was my first tournament of any kind, and we played a flip doubles scramble, so it was a fun introduction to tournament play. The only down side was it was super muddy, but my new gortex salomons came in handy. If I'm not too sore in the morning, we might be going to the singles mini they have on sundays.

I signed up for the DD Cedar Hill Chill last night. I haven't shown up on the reg list yet, but they took the money from my account...so I guess that means I'm good to go. Anyone else here playing? Its filling up fast, and there's some big competition in open!

RustyP said:
I signed up for the DD Cedar Hill Chill last night. I haven't shown up on the reg list yet, but they took the money from my account...so I guess that means I'm good to go. Anyone else here playing? Its filling up fast, and there's some big competition in open!

Man. Wish I'd seen this when you posted it. I was too late and got wait listed, but I'm in the Waco Windup this Saturday.

BTW, Rusty, gratz on finishing top ten in the chill and winning some $$.

^thanks. My first round was crap, but the 2nd round was my highest rated tourney round so far. I thought about playing waco, but I'm getting married ina few weeks, so things are hectic right now :) next one for me will probably be the titledisc open in april.

RustyP said:
^thanks. My first round was crap, but the 2nd round was my highest rated tourney round so far. I thought about playing waco, but I'm getting married ina few weeks, so things are hectic right now :) next one for me will probably be the titledisc open in april.

Congratulations!

Well I'm on spring break. Been playing all over the past few days

Heading to north Austin on Thursday/Friday so hit me up if anyone wants a round

Plan is bible ridge/wilco on Thursday and manor/northtown on friday

I'm going to the TX women's championships in Pflugerville on April 17th. Are there any guys in the Austin area with a rating slightly less than 935 who would be up for playing the Texas mixed doubles championship in Pflugerville on April 16?

I'm up in the corner, Texarkana.
I play at Spring Lake Park.
I have played in Abeline, Austin, Longview and Dallas last week. (don't ask the name of the courses)

I'm in the Army so I try to play whenever I'm in different cities.

Anyone else here playing the Titledisc Open next weekend? Its gonna be a big event...nate doss, nikko, and the jenkins' will be in attendance, not to mention all the regional pros who usually play. The field is only half-full as of last night, so there are plenty of spots open. Players party is at the Flying Saucer on Lake Ray Hubbard...over 200 beers on tap :) Personally, I'm pretty amped...this will be my first A-tier, and it just happens to be on my 2 home courses!

I'm psyched too! I've been signed up for weeks, but there aren't any other int ladies registered yet. I'm bummed about that. :(

Oh wait! Scratch that! Dana signed up! She is such good competition! We are so close in skill; now I'm really psyched!

GIANT GRATZ, RUSTY!!!

You placed seventh in the Title Disc open, while Niko placed 6th!

Ima need you to sign a disc for me or something.

Thanks jenb :) I had a blast playing with owens, ulibarri, and schusterick - it was my first time playing with golfers of that caliber. I felt like a chump after taking a 7 on hole 1 in front of will, uli, and brad williams (hit the first tree, recovered, then missed 3 consecutive putts), but I managed to pull myself together for the rest of the last round.

That wind all weekend was ridiculous too.