• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Texas Disc Golfers

I plan to be there. Not sure what team yet. Talk of Circle C again, but I really want to try and get a Texas State team together for the merged division(if I can get off work...)

Booter said:
Rusty, its fun man! Big ol party prettu much. 600 peeps last year. Booze n kan jam! O and everything else lol

U gonna b joining team 1 time?

Yeah I've heard only good things...and the "everything else" you mentioned is intriguing ;)

I've wanted to play the last few yrs but waited too long to find/create a team. This year I actually got offers from a few teams on the west side (zboaz & crowley), but I'm not sure who I'm playing with yet. I was holding out in hopes of an east dallas team (to properly "rep my city"), but I can't seem to find enough people willing to commit.

RustyP said:
Bump. Who's playing Texas Teams this year? I haven't committed to a team yet, but I've got a few offers so it looks like I'll FINALLY get to check out this infamous event :)
I've wanted to attend this event for a few years now but won't be able to go this year. I'm making it one of my goals for the next five years.

I'm from North Houston/The Woodlands area. My "home course" is split between Bear Branch in the Woods and Timber Lane Park in Spring.

Booter said:
I played last year
Our first time as a team and we took 3rd place merged. I(we) should b back this yr!

Iowaracks.what team and div were u in man?

I was on Live Oak Team 2 playing Intermediate. Is this event ratings based? At that time I didn't have a pdga account so I had no rating.

Its not sanctioned but they try to get people to play their rating or usual division. Though there still are baggers. I know of a lot of players that didn't have a pdga number either

Finally got signed up for TX Teams! Playing for Team DiscQualified #2...taking the Open 2 slot.

Is there usually anything going on the day before? Doubles or any other kind of side games? I'll probably be out there all day Friday getting reacquainted with the courses.

There are no side games just 500 people trying to make camp on Fri. :twisted:

RustyP said:
Finally got signed up for TX Teams! Playing for Team DiscQualified #2...taking the Open 2 slot.

I just got the call last night. Ima be on team 2 for TDQ too! Say "team 2 for TDQ too" 3 times fast =)

This will be my first time at Texas Teams. I hope we have good weather.

jenb said:
RustyP said:

I just got the call last night. Ima be on team 2 for TDQ too! Say "team 2 for TDQ too" 3 times fast =)

This will be my first time at Texas Teams. I hope we have good weather.

Sweet! I believe we'll be the noobs of the team :) Any idea who all is on our team? Ray told me, but I find the whole listening/remembering thing too tedious. I know that Kenny G is the other open guy, Tom Stephens and Ray are in there somewhere too...i think.