• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

That guy stole my firebird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No kidding ^^^ this is like all foreplay and no sex. Arggh

That is different. It is published by the state or federal government. I don't like that this happened any more than you do b3ndy but I am 90% sure that it would be illegal to publish a pic of this DB.

I took some law classes that relate to film, video and photo work in college and that is what I am baseing my thought on. The law may be different in the state that the OP lives in.

If the park is public, it's 100% legal to post the pic. See the case where girls who sued "Girls Gone Wild" when they were drunk showing their tits. Now if it's private, or in a school like where I work, then you can take two approaches: one being when they sign their papers they must state that they don't want their pictures published, or the other approach is to have them sign to give permission. We use the first approach and have parents sign a paper saying that they don't want their kids picture posted.

Now if the kid is buck naked, then yes, it would be illegal.

-Travis

Let's see... a guy joins the forum. Cries like a baby because someone stole his Firebird. Says he has a pic but won't post it or tell the police. He won't tell us what course he was at because he's "big on privacy".

What was the point of the OP? Was he looking for sympathy? Is he or she having hormone imbalances?

Post something like this on DGR and the ridicule would never end.

:hfive:

EH.jpg

Just an FYI I think it may be illegal to post pic's of this punk. It sucks but he does have a right to privacy even if he is a thief. I know for a fact that it is illegal to publish photos or video of someone without writen consent. I think posting flyers at the course would be considered publishing. It would really suck to get in trouble trying to get your disc back.

Ahh, another person found a law degree in a box of Captain Crunch. I'm gonna have to go buy me a box.

Okay here is my story, I was playing the other day at my local Dgc and I threw a disc right in the middle of the fairway, I bend down to pick my bag up and when I looked up and I saw some punk kid running across the fairway and grab my disc. Me not being able to run(with my bad leg) I whipped my phone out and took pictures of this kid. I am honestly thinking about calling the cops because I still have the reciept And the pictures of this punk. So should I call the cops and try to get my disc back? It was my favorite disc.

This is why more citizens need to be armed with handguns.

Juke, I agree, but really? Gonna shoot somebody over stealing a piece of plastic? I mean I understand if it was a FR CE TB or maybe a DX Groove or something special, but it's a SW!

@Anatak Go to the local PIAS and buy a new one. If you don't want help, don't post. If you're that scared about privacy, maybe you shouldn't have posted. By posting on a vBulletin forum, you left your IP address which timg could then use to trace your location not to your course, but to your residence. If you're legitimately THAT concerned about privacy, better get off the web!

Status
Not open for further replies.