• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

In regards to creating disc golf media... you replied..

No I am not cut out for it.

I have to disagree VERY STRONGLY. You have a very clean, easy to listen to spoken voice. You have a skill set that imop is strongly needed of tutorial goodness. Sure it's fun to see the young(er) guns produce bomb after bomb vids, but how about some vids on throwing putters, mids, fairways, how they best apply to tunnel shots, low ceilings, uphill, downhill, wind considerations, etc, man that would be gold. More vid ideas: "hyzer flipping", "course management", "par or birdie?", etc, etc. You have a base of fans that really enjoy your solid play mechanics on the course, I think most of them would greatly enjoy some insight, tutorial goodness from you. :)

In regards to creating disc golf media... you replied..

I have to disagree VERY STRONGLY. You have a very clean, easy to listen to spoken voice. You have a skill set that imop is strongly needed of tutorial goodness. Sure it's fun to see the young(er) guns produce bomb after bomb vids, but how about some vids on throwing putters, mids, fairways, how they best apply to tunnel shots, low ceilings, uphill, downhill, wind considerations, etc, man that would be gold. More vid ideas: "hyzer flipping", "course management", "par or birdie?", etc, etc. You have a base of fans that really enjoy your solid play mechanics on the course, I think most of them would greatly enjoy some insight, tutorial goodness from you. :)

MJ also has a GREAT putt, and would love to get a breakdown of that!

I mean..c'mon...have we ever seen the "1 Round w/just a Comet" video yet!?!?

This would be amazing. It would be really fun to watch Paul try to do the same thing with MJ teaching the Beast how to absolutely demolosh any last hope the MPO field has, by teaching him the mastery of the Comet.

McBeast + Comet + Zone = Untouchable

On a sorta related note, I'm gonna try and shoot an only Comet vid sometime soon. It won't be just 1 Comet though (I'm not nearly as good as MJ is with them).

I just like throwing frisbees, dont need everyone else to see me doing it for me to enjoy it

I'm curious, do you find it annoying or any less enjoyable when your card is being filmed during a tournament? My impression is that you play exactly the same with or without being filmed, but then I've never seen one of you're non-filmed rounds! ;)

I don't feel too bad (ok..maybe a bit...lol..) pestering him to film. lol.. He has one of the most consistent style of play most of us have ever seen. It would be an incredibly insightful series to watch imop.

What plastic is the 2020 MJ tour Comet released in and when can we expect to be able to buy em here in europe?

also how's the stability compared to -18 and -19 ones, I personally like the more stable Comets so those are :thmbup:

thanks

When those tour series comets drop I'll be sure to support! Speak of the devils, how do they fly / feel? Is the swirly Z kinda grippy? I'm hoping they are stable out of the box too! Love working in comets.

They are stable out of the box!! Super domey and stiff. They feel great!!!

This hopefully should answer your question, FinHatch.

What plastic is the 2020 MJ tour Comet released in and when can we expect to be able to buy em here in europe?

also how's the stability compared to -18 and -19 ones, I personally like the more stable Comets so those are :thmbup:

thanks

I just broke out my 1st fresh 2019 MJ Comet yesterday, and now a new release is right on the doorstep?!?

I'll buy a couple. If I collect anything, it's comets and signed discs (and signed comets are my favorite)

Hey MJ, I was wondering if we could have an updated what is in your bag as of Worlds? What were the discs you were relying heavily on there? Great shooting btw! :clap:

If you can include colors or pics that would help a ton in adding your disc info for all the MJ Worlds vids we'll be putting out :)

Not a question, but it's MJ footage, so I figured I'd drop it here. We're almost done with your first round too MJ. I don't have time to go back through this thread, but did you have time to do that in the bag vid? No worries if you didn't. Only reason I ask is I've gotten a lot of people wanting to know what you're throwing on these holes.

[round 6 videos]

Just for funsies, I went back through some old Worlds 2014 vids. The round 1 vids were uploaded about 4 months after the tournament, and MJ gets a shout out for giving CCDG the disc info. At any rate, the discs are listed consistently in those round 1 videos (lots of Comets, Bangers, and Cranks) so you should be able to figure out the later rounds (which had been filmed previously.

And there weren't any links in this thread to most of the videos, so here's a link to another awesome tournament with lots of MJ footage, in another one of my favorite events at awesome courses!

Rd 1:

Rd 4:

Rd 6:

There is no need for validation from others to enjoy what we enjoy.

I mean...with all due respect, that's literally common sense, I don't see a revelation of profound thought there.

"I just like throwing frisbees, dont need everyone else to see me doing it for me to enjoy it"
"We can all learn from this"

Help me out here...I don't know anyone who fits this narrative. Someone who needs others to watch them play disc golf for them to enjoy playing disc golf themselves. And apparently..we can all learn from this. Are you saying there is a large base of disc golfers who don't enjoy playing the game unless there's an audience watching them? I would bet there's an incredibly high percentage of disc golfers who are the total opposite, like myself, who enjoy the game the most when it's just them and a bag of plastic hiking through the woods.

If you're bothered by this, you might be in the wrong thread.

It's more a commentary on society as a whole, in the setting of current social media behavior and YouTube in particular. No one can deny there's a trend of disc golfers and disc golf pros being filmed and watched more than disc golfers ever have been, and there's only an increasing demand for all kinds of disc golf videos.

I would bet there's an incredibly high percentage of disc golfers who are the total opposite, like myself, who enjoy the game the most when it's just them and a bag of plastic hiking through the woods.

I think the vast majority of us here, including MJ, fit this bill.

Nevertheless, I do find it ironic that we're discussing this on an online disc golf social media forum.

Oh man been looking for a '19 Tour Series in the 164-166 range for a long time. Probably take forever to arrive

Attachments

• 62E67B22-8FEC-483A-AFA4-944816A60D8B.jpeg
    62E67B22-8FEC-483A-AFA4-944816A60D8B.jpeg
    53.9 KB · Views: 64